SWD Tourney Semifinals - Richlands/Carroll Co

tbgfan

Hey just a small question why would you say good job carrol when they should not even be in our district. They have at last checked around 300 more kids than anyone else except abingdon and they are not close to any of the other school except for you all. Just do not think they should be in a district where the numbers are around the 700 to 400 range you all included. Guess some people are fine with that me not to much. That would be like you all being in the same district as fort chis and northwood gorge wyth. Bland bath bet you would love that just about as much as carrol does now. No one is close to their enrollment numbers other than abingdon.

Richlands - 38

Carroll Co - 46

FINAL

Carroll Co Scoring

R. Gravely - 8

A. Horton - 10

T. Lineberry - 2

C. Lundy - 12

M. Martin - 5

W. Smoot - 7

C. Taylor

Richlands Scoring

B. Brown - 2

Au. Johnson - 9

D. Johnson - 5

S. Overton - 9

J. Patton - 11

M. Taylor - 2

3 pointers - Carroll Co - 4 (Lundy 4); Richlands - 2 (Au. Johnson, Overton)

Life has many choices---eternity two

Edited by tbgfan

the reason I said good job Carroll is because of a couple players on richlands they need big time attitude adjustments using the cutthroat gesture after they beat us this year and flipping the bird at our fans just play the game you dont need that crap. Good Job CC

Hey just a small question why would you say good job carrol when they should not even be in our district. They have at last checked around 300 more kids than anyone else except abingdon and they are not close to any of the other school except for you all. Just do not think they should be in a district where the numbers are around the 700 to 400 range you all included. Guess some people are fine with that me not to much. That would be like you all being in the same district as fort chis and northwood gorge wyth. Bland bath bet you would love that just about as much as carrol does now. No one is close to their enrollment numbers other than abingdon.

Play who is dealt in front of you and quit complaining about enrollment....Last time I checked it was 5 on 5 on the court...

Since it is a AA district, enrollment discrepancies are not unusual. 2 SWD schools have played up for years and are dropping in August. Carroll and Abingdon are legit AA schools as is Richlands.

the reason I said good job Carroll is because of a couple players on richlands they need big time attitude adjustments using the cutthroat gesture after they beat us this year and flipping the bird at our fans just play the game you dont need that crap. Good Job CC

Good Job Marion, you almost did better than your football team did...dead last...

Thats why you all are D3

The entire piedmont district could say the same about Bassett who has 1208 students while Martinsville, Patrick & Tunstall all have under 800. Cave Spring could complain that they are the only school in River Ridge with under 1100 students while Cave only has 851. My point is every district has disparities. The only thing that would fix it would be complete realignment based entirely on numbers and I don't think any school would vote on it due to logistics. So I guess Richlands will just have to deal with it. Besides I don't see them complaining when they are winning.

Richlands has a heck of football program. Makes kids want to (and do) transfer there. But, I think this post started with you whinning about losing to Carroll in basketball because we are a bigger school. With 2-3 of your basketball players being transfers, I don't think you can make the "bigger school" argument because you are drawing athletes from the entire county of Tazewell plus from WV.

Richlands has a heck of football program. Makes kids want to (and do) transfer there. But, I think this post started with you whinning about losing to Carroll in basketball because we are a bigger school. With 2-3 of your basketball players being transfers, I don't think you can make the "bigger school" argument because you are drawing athletes from the entire county of Tazewell plus from WV.

You won't ever see me make that excuse. Please don't include me in the excuse making category as far as this is concerned.

Edited by blueinbama

There is only one HS in Carroll. So they pull from the entire county.

isn't galax actually in carroll co.?

i've also heard they were in grayson co. but idk? I know their school bus says galax city schools?

isn't galax actually in carroll co.?

i've also heard they were in grayson co. but idk? I know their school bus says galax city schools?

I didn't know either, so I googled it:

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Galax, Virginia

— City —

Central Galax

Galax, Virginia is located in Virginia

Galax, Virginia

Location within the state of Virginia

Coordinates: 36°39′53″N 80°55′13″W / 36.66472°N 80.92028°W / 36.66472; -80.92028

Country United States

State Virginia

Area

- Total 8.2 sq mi (21.3 km2)

- Land 8.2 sq mi (21.3 km2)

- Water 0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)

Elevation 2,372 ft (723 m)

Population (2010)

- Total 7,042

- Density 830.9/sq mi (320.8/km2)

Time zone Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)

- Summer (DST) EDT (UTC-4)

ZIP code 24333

Area code(s) 276

FIPS code 51-30208[1]

GNIS feature ID 1483573[2]

Historical marker at Galax

Galax (pronounced /ˈɡeɪlæks/) is an independent city in the southwestern part of the Commonwealth of Virginia. It is bounded to the northeast by Carroll County and to the southwest by Grayson County. The population was 7,042 as of 2010.[3] The Bureau of Economic Analysis combines the city of Galax with neighboring Carroll county for statistical purposes.