The 2011 Atlanta Braves thread...

Lance

Braves are on comcast on peachtree tv...a lot...not sure how that happened.

I was just browsing some of the sports channels on my DirecTV and just found out that I now get SportSouth (Ch. 649), which airs a lot of the Braves games. I didn't get it last season, so I'm pretty excited. I don't think that Peachtree TV is on DirecTV.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its not on dtv...just comcast as far as i know.

I'm going to get the MLB package I think...says our zip code in abingdon is only blacked out on Baltimore and Washington games...which, for the most part is a good thing lol.

but for $200 and see pretty much every game, thats about what you would spend on the cheap side going to one game and having a good time lol.

My grandparents had got the direct tv package they have basicly to watch the braves game, but it was blacked out in our area, turner south, sports south, peach tree, what ever its called lol, but we can only watch when they play nationals and one espn and fox when there on......stupid tbs.

Two years in a row that Heyward sent it out of the yard in his first at bat. Not a bad start.

Nice to see!

I love baseball's opening day, but the regular season is so lengthy, it's hard for me to get caught up in each day anymore. Still love baseball and still love the Braves. A good start.

My grandparents had got the direct tv package they have basicly to watch the braves game, but it was blacked out in our area, turner south, sports south, peach tree, what ever its called lol, but we can only watch when they play nationals and one espn and fox when there on......stupid tbs.

according to the zip code finder on mlb.com the nats and O's are blacked out in our area...doesnt say anything about the Braves.

Tommy Hanson's first start of the season and he's still the same pitcher he has been, inconsistent and unreliable. If Atlanta is going to make a serious run at the postseason and beyond Hanson has to get it together and become more consistent.

they should pick up someone else, maybe an older player with a year or two left and move Hanson to middle relief...if you could get a good starter that could give you 5 innings and then use hanson, would probably work out better.

they should pick up someone else, maybe an older player with a year or two left and move Hanson to middle relief...if you could get a good starter that could give you 5 innings and then use hanson, would probably work out better.

They've got the pitching depth in the farm system to score a proven starter. I just don't want to see them part with any of the big names such as Teheran, Vizcaino, Minor, or Delgado.

I think Hanson is still going to be a very, very good starter for the Braves in the future. When he's on, he's great. When he's off, well, we know about that too. He's still young and trying to find a place and some consistency. IMO, he's too good not to get it together sometime soon. It's early, I won't worry too much until June/July and around the All Star Break.

It's still early, but I'd like see batting order adjusted to something more like this:

1. Prado

2. Heyward

3. Jones

4. Uggla

5. McCann

6. Gonzalez

7. Freeman

8. McLouth

I just think such a lineup would be more consistent with putting runs on the board. We have great pitching, but that doesn't mean squat without run support. Lowe pitched wonderfully last night, but got the loss b/c the offense was non-existent.

I didn't get batting Freeman 2nd last night. He is really having a hard time right now.

We need to start hitting the ball. After the 1st last night I thought we were going to have a big night at the plate but it just didn't happen. I would put Uggla in the 2nd spot. He has some speed. Hard nosed.

Minor was off. That 1st inning killed him. You can't walk them loaded. Then the play at the plate with Fielder. Clearly he was out. Just a bad couple nights.

Hopefully we get a split with a win today and get a little Mo' for the weekend and the Phils.....

It's still early, but I'd like see batting order adjusted to something more like this:

1. Prado

2. Heyward

3. Jones

4. Uggla

5. McCann

6. Gonzalez

7. Freeman

8. McLouth

I just think such a lineup would be more consistent with putting runs on the board. We have great pitching, but that doesn't mean squat without run support. Lowe pitched wonderfully last night, but got the loss b/c the offense was non-existent.

I can see why you would want to bat Heyward 2nd but I think he's better off where he is. 1st and 2nd are table setters. Heyward is a run producer. Moving Uggla to 4th and McCann to 5th would be a huge mistake. Uggla is a career .269 hitter who strikes out a LOT. McCann is a career .290 hitter who has a higher OPS (on base + slugging percentage) and strikes about half as much. If anything, Heyward and Uggla will switch spots at some point.

I don't know Lance, Uggla is hitting .158 so far. 3 and 4 are fine with Jones and McCann as those two are about the only Braves hitting right now. Sometime this week I think you will see Heyward and Uggla switch spots unless Uggla snaps out of his .158 start before then. If he does or doesn't I don't think he's a 3rd or 4th type of hitter. He strikes out too much. 5th is the best place for him.

Uggla is a career .270(ish) hitter...he will come around...Freeman is the one that scares me...i think he should be sent back down if he doesn't straighten up.

Again, Braves needed a big stick in the off season and they didn't get it...now, we suffer.