QUALITY STARTS 46 3rd Overall

WHIP 1.17 1st Overall

BAA .229 1st Overall

Batting:

RUNS 295 20th Overall

BATTING AVERAGE .239 25th Overall

ON BASE PERCENTAGE .307 25th Overall

SLUGGING PCT .386 17th Overall

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to a .500 team!!

Unreal stats right here.

June:

Cliff Lee - 5 wins

Marlins - 3 wins

Cliff Lee - 3 CG shutouts

Marlins - 3 wins

Cliff Lee - 32 straight scoreless innings, 0.21 ERA, 0.69 WHIP,

Cliff Lee - 2 RBI

Cliff Lee - 1 ER

Or one that's 12 games over .500 right now. I'm very impressed.

Those stats, BTW, were eerily similar to those 90s Braves teams...

This.

This is how the best records in baseball look as of tonight:

1.) Philadelphia

2.) NY Yankees

3.) Braves

The Braves have a 3 game lead in the NL Wild Card so far and have a great shot at winning 50 games before the All-Star Break (6 games left with 3 against Baltimore and 3 in Philly). If you told me that in April, I would've HAPPILY taken it. Many of the "experts" that make way-too-early playoff predictions had either the Braves or the Cardinals winning the Wild Card... and everyone knows the Cards aren't doing it without Pujols.

I said it way back before the season started and it's been the case for several years now and it is still the case this season: The Braves have and will continue playing for the NL Wild Card spot until Philly's pitching rotation slows down and depreciates in age. Atlanta has the offensive and defensive talent to compete with Philly in a short series, as we've seen since ATL holds the series advantage so far this season. But Philly has a great advantage in long series (aka a 162 game series against all of the Majors).

This.

This is how the best records in baseball look as of tonight:

1.) Philadelphia

2.) NY Yankees

3.) Braves

The Braves have a 3 game lead in the NL Wild Card so far and have a great shot at winning 50 games before the All-Star Break (6 games left with 3 against Baltimore and 3 in Philly). If you told me that in April, I would've HAPPILY taken it. Many of the "experts" that make way-too-early playoff predictions had either the Braves or the Cardinals winning the Wild Card... and everyone knows the Cards aren't doing it without Pujols.

I said it way back before the season started and it's been the case for several years now and it is still the case this season: The Braves have and will continue playing for the NL Wild Card spot until Philly's pitching rotation slows down and depreciates in age. Atlanta has the offensive and defensive talent to compete with Philly in a short series, as we've seen since ATL holds the series advantage so far this season. But Philly has a great advantage in long series (aka a 162 game series against all of the Majors).

its early on, but these 3 games with the Phills are huge...if they can take 2 of 3 and pick up a game before the break, going to be an interesting fall down the stretch. I'm still shocked the Nats are hanging around...they have been on fire in June.

its early on, but these 3 games with the Phills are huge...if they can take 2 of 3 and pick up a game before the break, going to be an interesting fall down the stretch. I'm still shocked the Nats are hanging around...they have been on fire in June.

I don't think they are as important as you do, but to each his own. Still a whole lot of baseball to play in the second half. Still thinking NL Wild Card. No NL East this year, IMO. 3 games against the Phillies can't make or break a season. Lots of other factors can be blamed if Atlanta misses the playoffs (i.e. Kimbrel's blown saves - not picking on him, just showing an example that lots can go wrong in 162 games).

no it wont make or break anything, but the Braves are historically slow after the break...and taking a few from the Phills just prior to it might get them excited, it's a young team after all.

plus...when it comes down to it, you have to get in a team like the Phills head a little bit when you have the chance...thinking you can go in and take 2 of 3 or sweep and knowing you can are the small mental victories you look for in baseball. I just think for the Braves it would be a big deal to beat up on the Phills a little before the break.

I think also they are in a good place right now, all the pressure is on the Phills and if the Braves can keep that up...down the stretch it might start to eat at the Phills a little.

by the way the Nats have dropped 4 of the last 5, but prior to that they won 12 of 13...i figured they would be 20+ back by now easy.

I'm also surprised by the Nats, but even more surprised by the demise of the Marlins. They fell off big time. After entering June 9 games over .500 and in 2nd place in the NL east, they are now 10 games under .500 and in last place. That stretch included a 8 game losing streak and an 11 game losing streak (which were only separated by 1 win).

Must be awful to be a Marlins fan.

and still 4 games back...

...and if you don't think these 3 games with the Phills are not huge, you should check your pulse...lol...could be 1 back or 7 back after this series...that's a huge chance to close some ground.

We've won 7 out of the last 8. About to win again tonight with a 5-1 lead in the top of the 6th. and it still seems we're not catching up to the Phils. I hate them so much.

Stanton just hit a walk off homer in the 10th for the Fish...so, down to 3 back with one more with the Rockies and then 3 in Philly...we can pick up a half game tomorrow and have a shot at taking the lead in the division before the break...although I don't like the pitching match ups enough to think we might sweep.

I think we take 2/3 from the Phils.

I'd be happy with that...pitching match us don't look the best....if the playoffs started today, you would see a much different series...Braves are hot right now though...Freeman is really starting to make good contact finally.

and it still seems we're not catching up to the Phils. I hate them so much.

Don't be hating man. Lol. It's gonna be a fun fall. You guys have a great young team. And it will be exciting. But I still see the Phils getting the pennant this year. We need Cliff Lee to be consistent again. Halliday and Hamels are on fire. Like to see the other 3 starters catch a little streak.

Don't be hating man. Lol. It's gonna be a fun fall. You guys have a great young team. And it will be exciting. But I still see the Phils getting the pennant this year. We need Cliff Lee to be consistent again. Halliday and Hamels are on fire. Like to see the other 3 starters catch a little streak.

Phils are due for a slump, only thing that scares me is that the Braves usually start slow after the break and the Phils usually seem to get hot...just hope if that happens they don't get too much space, as we have seen it can take 2 months just to close 4 games lol.