The 2011 Atlanta Braves thread...

Lance

Ankiel hit a grand slam off of Lowe.

Braves are slumping, but still control their own destiny. No need in everyone throwing in the towel now. Lowe is generally a pretty clutch postseason pitcher who hits a dry spell each summer. Looks like he has hit it now leaving alot of pitches up. Braves need to get healthy to expect much at the plate as well. Uggla and Freeman are doing it all right now.

I agree...if we could stop losing to last place teams we would be fine....Nats just have our number for some reason.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The braves honestly should start playing for next season cause this team doesnt have it they need to start calling up some of their prospects and see what they can do and Lowe is a joke thats all I can say about him I cant stand to watch him pitch

Give me a break! We have the 4th most wins in all of baseball! Behind only the three biggest payrolls in all of baseball (who all have payrolls that are double what ours is). Not to mention we are leading the NL Wildcard.

I get so tired of fans acting like this every time their team hits a rough patch. We've already been through this early in the season, and everyone gave up on them. Then everyone jumped back on the wagon after they dominated in June. Its a long season, with plenty of baseball left. Sheesh!

give me a break! We have the 4th most wins in all of baseball! Behind only the three biggest payrolls in all of baseball (who all have payrolls that are double what ours is). Not to mention we are leading the nl wildcard.

I get so tired of fans acting like this every time their team hits a rough patch. We've already been through this early in the season, and everyone gave up on them. Then everyone jumped back on the wagon after they dominated in june. Its a long season, with plenty of baseball left. Sheesh!

amen!!!

Ankiel hit a grand slam off of Lowe.

Braves are slumping, but still control their own destiny. No need in everyone throwing in the towel now. Lowe is generally a pretty clutch postseason pitcher who hits a dry spell each summer. Looks like he has hit it now leaving alot of pitches up. Braves need to get healthy to expect much at the plate as well. Uggla and Freeman are doing it all right now.

Yeah, definitely. I'm not throwing in the towel and I think these guys will come around shortly. It's a good squad and they'll figure it out soon.

We finally beat the Nats today. Uggla continues on his tear with a three run blast. He certainly got hot at the right time. If we didn't have hm right now, we would be in major trouble with all the injuries.

We finally beat the Nats today. Uggla continues on his tear with a three run blast. He certainly got hot at the right time. If we didn't have hm right now, we would be in major trouble with all the injuries.

yeah his swing has changed back to looking more like what it was in previous years and he's stopped throwing the bat head out there at everything....hopefully he doesn't start that again. We still have not been swept this year....but losing 2 out of 3 to the lower placed teams in any given division isnt going to help you much.

anyone else wondering when his streak will end...lol...he's had a ruff year up to now, just can't help but think he will drop an 0 - fer any day now...he's got the Cubs up next though, you would think he could get past them in good shape.

Uggla is ON FIRE!!!! 32 straight games with a hit now and 2 HR's tonight.

I love what they are doing to the Chicago right now. They retired #6 for Bobby Cox tonight and he deserves nothing more than the performance the Braves have put on thus far tonight.

And the streak ends.....I wish the braves luck, my fav team, but this is about the time of year that they collapse. Tommy hanson on DL, Jair, D-lowe not doing so good after the break, Chipper hurt every 5th day or so, and the golden chile jason heyward sucking, not looking too good. They have the giants next few days, gotta win this series or its gonna be tough rest of the year.

well, they are still the 2nd best record in the NL behind Philly, 7-3 over the last 10, and 5 up in the WC race...only question in the NL right now at this point is can Philly win 110 games? Would be nice if they would lose a few for a change.

And the streak ends.....I wish the braves luck, my fav team, but this is about the time of year that they collapse. Tommy hanson on DL, Jair, D-lowe not doing so good after the break, Chipper hurt every 5th day or so, and the golden chile jason heyward sucking, not looking too good. They have the giants next few days, gotta win this series or its gonna be tough rest of the year.

You and Canes00 need to get together and have a crying session about how the Braves are going to fall apart. I get tired of so called Braves fans constantly complaining about how the team "always" falls apart this time of year. Have we already forgotten the 14 straight NL East titles? That was only a few years ago...have you only been a Braves fan since 2006?

What about Freeman, Uggla, Constanza, Bourn and Prado who are all hitting well right now. Plus we have McCann back in the lineup, so he should start producing anytime now. Not to mention when Chipper is healthy he still produces a lot of hits (hitting almost .400 since getting back in the lineup).

You may be right, the Braves could completely collapse and fall out of playoff contention. However, I refuse to sit around while they have the second best record in the National League and talk about how they are going to fail.

So can we talk about Constanza for a minute? He's a guy that put together an at bat that looks like this. http://holdoutsports.blogspot.com/2011/08/video-braves-outfielder-licks-his-bat.html

First, he takes a running start at a pitch. Then he fouls off a pitch... and licks his bat. It's one of the funniest/most bizarre at bats I've seen in a while.

not really that big of a deal...lots of people do that run at the pitch thing and try to just lay the bat out there and punch it in to the outfield....and the lick thing, the ball probably left some leather on the bat so he just licked it and wiped it off...probably has pine tar on his hands i would guess...so...kinda odd, but he didn't step out of the batters box and make a big deal out of it or anything? didn't look like he did it just to get attention.

not really that big of a deal...lots of people do that run at the pitch thing and try to just lay the bat out there and punch it in to the outfield....and the lick thing, the ball probably left some leather on the bat so he just licked it and wiped it off...probably has pine tar on his hands i would guess...so...kinda odd, but he didn't step out of the batters box and make a big deal out of it or anything? didn't look like he did it just to get attention.

He licks his bat after a foul ball... It's just what he does.

Haha, I love how defensive you two are about it.

It's quirky and deserves a laugh. That's all I was trying to get with the post above.