The 2011 Atlanta Braves thread...

Lance

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well like I said, it could have been worse but I still think it was a bad move. He's their top prospect, and probably their best pitching prospect in 20 years. It's dangerous to mess with him. He needs to pitch every 5th day in AAA from now until September. Mike Minor or Rodrigo Lopez should have been brought up to make a spot start. Situations like this are the reason you sign a guy like Lopez in the first place. He's a major league veteran who's currently 4-0 2.11 in AAA. In fact, I would rather have him as the long releiver instead of Martinez. Then he would be in place to make a spot start without calling anyone up. Minor just missed the 5th starter spot out of spring training, and made one start in April while Jurrjens was injured. He currently has a 1.93 ERA in AAA this year. Either of those guys should have made the spot start instead of Teheran.

Well like I said, it could have been worse but I still think it was a bad move. He's their top prospect, and probably their best pitching prospect in 20 years. It's dangerous to mess with him. He needs to pitch every 5th day in AAA from now until September. Mike Minor or Rodrigo Lopez should have been brought up to make a spot start. Situations like this are the reason you sign a guy like Lopez in the first place. He's a major league veteran who's currently 4-0 2.11 in AAA. In fact, I would rather have him as the long releiver instead of Martinez. Then he would be in place to make a spot start without calling anyone up. Minor just missed the 5th starter spot out of spring training, and made one start in April while Jurrjens was injured. He currently has a 1.93 ERA in AAA this year. Either of those guys should have made the spot start instead of Teheran.

if you were 20 years old and in AAA with the Braves and had a chance to pitch against the Phillies, would you want to do it or would you want to stay on the farm? I bet he was tickled to death to get a shot at it. I'd say he will be up by the end of the year full time.

two out of three from the Phils in Philly will work. We need to keep this going. Big week coming with the Nats and the Phils at Home. Freeman had a nice game yesterday. Jurrgens was off the charts. This team isn't going to just hand this thing over to the Phils.....

I'm a little shocked that the Nats are staying as close as they are...figured they would be a solid 12 back by now lol.

Seems like we always drop 2 out of 3 to the Nats. Hopefully we can change that this week and make it 10 wins in 11 games.

Seems like we always drop 2 out of 3 to the Nats. Hopefully we can change that this week and make it 10 wins in 11 games.

I think alot of those games to the Nats was because Nyjer Morgan killed us. He is with the brewers now but that guy seems to kill the braves. He did earlier this year in Milwaukee.

I would love to see a really good home stand too. I think we handle the Nats. We are just playing to good right now. (knock on wood). But the Phils are going to be a little pissed after dropping two out of three to the Bravo's. I would love to sweep their high priced butts.....

I think alot of those games to the Nats was because Nyjer Morgan killed us. He is with the brewers now but that guy seems to kill the braves. He did earlier this year in Milwaukee.

I would love to see a really good home stand too. I think we handle the Nats. We are just playing to good right now. (knock on wood). But the Phils are going to be a little pissed after dropping two out of three to the Bravo's. I would love to sweep their high priced butts.....

I hope you're right! I'm going down to watch the Friday night game against the Phils. Lowe should be pitching for us, so hopefully he can have another strong outing.

Random, but it goes with the Teheran talk from a couple days ago.

Did anyone notice that Julio Teheran pitched for Danville at one point? I was bored and just happened come across Danville's Wikipedia page and saw him listed on the roster. Did a bit of Googling and found out that he had 6 starts in 2008 and 7 starts in 2009 before being called up to Class-A Rome.

Lots of talent (Braves especially) comes through the Appalachian League: Francoeur, Furcal, Tommy Hanson, Andruw Jones, Adam LaRoche, Jason Marquis (who beat the Braves tonight with WSH), Kevin Millwood, John Rocker, and Adam Wainwright to name a few that are listed off the Wikipedia page.

Anyways, I found that interesting and figured that some of the other Braves fans might also.

danville_braves_pitcher_julio_teheran_called_up_to

I hate losing to the Nats. That is like 16 of the last 26 we have lost to them. Hudson just wasn't himself. We tried to win it at the end but Conrad came up just short. I thought it was out . We need to take the next two. I think Hanson goes tonight.

Have fun this weekend Big Blue. I haven't been down in a couple years. Have a "Ice Cold Beer" for me.....

No errors last night. Blown save by Kimbrel allowed them to tie it the 9th, then win it in the 11th against Linebrink. Kimbrel has a loss and 3 blown saves in his last 10 games. If he keeps that up you might see him switch roles with Venters. Kimbrel has a bright future but he's only 22. He might need to work as a setup man for a while.

Linebrink has to go! He's been horrible! Scott Proctor is eligible to be called up after Sunday so you might see them cut Linebrink loose. Proctor might not do any better but he can't do much worse. Moylan is out at least another 8-12 weeks and that is hurting them. Would be nice to see them trade for another reliever if any are available.

No errors last night. Blown save by Kimbrel allowed them to tie it the 9th, then win it in the 11th against Linebrink. Kimbrel has a loss and 3 blown saves in his last 10 games. If he keeps that up you might see him switch roles with Venters. Kimbrel has a bright future but he's only 22. He might need to work as a setup man for a while.

Linebrink has to go! He's been horrible! Scott Proctor is eligible to be called up after Sunday so you might see them cut Linebrink loose. Proctor might not do any better but he can't do much worse. Moylan is out at least another 8-12 weeks and that is hurting them. Would be nice to see them trade for another reliever if any are available.

How many errors on Tuesday night though?

Three errors Tuesday night but it's nothing to be concerned about. Freeman made two of them and McLouth made the other. Those guys are two of the best defenders on the team and aren't going to make many errors. It just happens in this case that they combined for three in one night.

So, no talk of the Braves pwning the Phillies? And no talk of the Braves' win tonight over Houston?

3 game win streak right now.

Find it hilarious we beat the Phils 4 out of 6 times. Yet almost get swept by the Nats. It always happens for some reason.

3 game win streak right now.

Find it hilarious we beat the Phils 4 out of 6 times. Yet almost get swept by the Nats. It always happens for some reason.

Ahem... We took one from the Nats, thankyouverymuch.

Your point still stands. We seem to play well against the Phillies, but we don't take care of business in our other games. So frustrating.