Anyone else notice...

GMan

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Christiansburg lost the Region Championship game vs. Hidden Valley just so they would not be in the same bracket as Potomac Falls in the State Tournament...pathetic...

what else do you expect from that bunch?

Anyone else notice that both of you are trash. Do you really think that they would throw a game. Where both of you at the game? I am really getting sick of you losers talking shit about Christiansburg. Everyone thinks because a school is winning at multiple sports that something sinister is going on. Maybe your sports teams should step it up a notch. Gman and Lance PATHETIC !

Edited by demon73

Then they shouldn't act like trash. I know I will get some lame blah blah comment back but if I said that about one of their teams they would have reacted the same way. Thats difference between me and those losers I wouldn't have said that unless I knew facts.

Gotta agree with 73's sentiment; though I would have approached it in a more civil manner. I think it's absurd for someone to make such a claim, especially sitting an hour plus away. I think the loss had more to do with the team getting a little big-headed and Hidden Valley getting tired of losing to C'burg. I'm sure Shawn will have the team's full attention now. It'll be interesting to see what he has to say about this one when I talk to him this week. Regardless, what the coaching staff has accomplished at C'burg is very impressive considering the state of the program when the current staff took over before last season.

i saw cburg against bassett several nights ago and frankly i didn't think the blue demons were all that great. the were pretty sloppy with the ball. in fact, bassett could have very easily won that ballgame.

Don't think they "lost the game on purpose," but then again I wasn't there. However, I do see why folks would be skepticial of C'burg going that extra mile to get something accomplished. After all, one needs to look no further than their wrestling program to realize that.

lol...think what you want...sounds like the cost of your own success and the lack of respect in how you go about getting it is wearing on you. Cburg is doing what they have to do to win, cant blame them for that, but doesn't make it the right thing to do either...you guys have state champs from all over the USA in wrestling and I have no doubt your coaches know exactly who and where the next match ups take place in basketball and chose the easiest path to state based on such...i didn't go to the game, have no reason or want to go...didn't even listen to it or read a write up...but based on the way Cburg goes about it's business...i just said I wouldn't expect any more out you sore winning bunch of cheating cry babies.

Christiansburg lost the Region Championship game vs. Hidden Valley just so they would not be in the same bracket as Potomac Falls in the State Tournament...pathetic...

I know for a fact they didn't throw the game. You have no clue what you are talking about.

The C-burg coach even admitted as much...

"I kind of saw it coming," Good said. "I didn't think we were going to come and play well tonight."

Sounds to me like it was the "game plan"....

The C-burg coach even admitted as much...

"I kind of saw it coming," Good said. "I didn't think we were going to come and play well tonight."

Sounds to me like it was the "game plan"....

They knew where they wanted to go and who they wanted to play...it's not that big of a deal...but, for some reason people don't like to admit it.

It may just be me but don't you think the administrator should show some respect and not post this garbage on here? You really are making yourself look bad by assuming that every athletic team is cheating at Christiansburg. You have know facts to back any of this up if you did you would have already reported them. No team ever wants to ruin a perfect season for any reason.

I can't help but jump in at this point.. why is it "ok" for people to accuse Richlands Football of "recruiting" and all but it isn't ok for anyone to look at your program/school with a little doubt as to their complete honesty? On a bit of another note I have also read on several of the basketball threads where people have stated that it isn't "running up the score" and if they " aren't good enough they shouldn't be on the court".. that is all fine and dandy, I trust that I wont see anyone complaining about Richlands "running up the score" once football season rolls back around, after all what goes around comes around.

I have no beef with richlands and I will never downgrade another team without some facts. Thats the problem they cant prove anyone is being dishonest

Edited by demon73

I have no beef with richlands and I will never downgrade another team without some facts. Thats the problem they cant prove anyone is being dishonest

again...may be legal, but probably not the most ethical. It's about respect...and you guys can win every thing you touch in every sport and still not earn any respect. Just because you win, doesn't make you great.

Nobody made any claims of greatness. Sports at Christiansburg have not always been as good as they are now everything goes in cycles. Now that we have some awesome coaches in coach Cromer for football coach Good for basketball these guys no how to win. Now that we are winning some everyone thinks we are cheating,unethical, blah, blah, whatever. Bottom line lance your problem is with the wrestling program. I guess whoever dresser would have picked to coach for you would have pissed at them to . He could have picked anywhere in the country to coach I don't know why he picked here but don't hate the entire town because of it.

Edited by demon73

Nobody made any claims of greatness. Sports at Christiansburg have not always been as good as they are now everything goes in cycles. Now that we have some awesome coaches in coach Cromer for football coach Good for basketball these guys no how to win. Now that we are winning some everyone thinks we are cheating,unethical, blah, blah, whatever. Bottom line lance your problem is with the wrestling program. I guess whoever dresser would have picked to coach for you would have pissed at them to . He could have picked anywhere in the country to coach I don't know why he picked here but don't hate the entire town because of it.

you bring in players from other states...thats the bottom line...and in basketball you chose the path of least resistance instead of going out and trying to beat the best right off the bat...which is fine and might be a great strategic move...but, it is what it is...as far as wrestling goes...you guys won state with kids from other states...and you beat the smallest group AA school in the state who used their own kids...for that you get no respect from me, I can't speak for anyone else.

I think it should be noted that C'burg is in fact on the same side of the bracket as Potomac Falls. If they defeat Glass on Saturday they would face Falls in the semifinals. Hidden Valley, the winner of the region, is in the opposite bracket and would play the winner of King George/Liberty-B.

http://www.vhsl.org/athletics/basketball_boys/basketball_tournament_information

Lance I really hate to think that you are this ignorant. If you want to believe that the basketball team threw that game you go ahead. Everyone but you knows different. I agree their are some kids on the wrestling team that are from out of state. That dosen't mean they don't have to work hard. The size of a school has nothing to do with wrestling maybe in a sport like football where you have second and third strings.