The New Head Coach at PH is...........

littlebluefan

Coach McPherson of Grayson County High School. Why he would pass Marion to coach at a school that is ran by MORONS I will never know. Coach McPherson you are a great coach just think about what you are getting into at PH and who you will be working with. Coaching death trap at PH.

Last I checked, Grayson county football hasn't been that great lately....sure they do well in the worst single A district in the state (MED)....only to lose by 30 or 40 in the playoffs every year....it's not like Northwood won the lottery here, let's get real...

The MED is not the worst single A district in the state. That would be the Cumberland.

Grayson football this past decade has been decent actually. They had a couple of down years but that happens. And he didn't go to Northwood, he went to PH.

I knew that...I was thinking of Northwood....for some reason....sorry about that but I don't think they have been decent at all.... they have been pretty pathetic...rolling up w's in the MED and getting blasted come playoff time is not decent.

Sorry, but I think the MED is the worst district in the state...

Edited by futbolking

I knew that...I was thinking of Northwood....for some reason....sorry about that but I don't think they have been decent at all.... they have been pretty pathetic...rolling up w's in the MED and getting blasted come playoff time is not decent.

Sorry, but I think the MED is the worst district in the state...

With all due respect, sir, you would be sorely mistaken. Any MED team would win the Cumberland any year. I would even say that the last couple years, the MED has dwarved the Pioneer. Bath County has gone down and James River just doesn't have it in football. Grayson and Fort Chiswell were both excellent teams this past year. Region C Division 2 was loaded as usual thanks in part to those two teams. Galax was also full of talent. But even on the MED's down years, the Cumberland is easily worse.

With all due respect, sir, you would be sorely mistaken. Any MED team would win the Cumberland any year. I would even say that the last couple years, the MED has dwarved the Pioneer. Bath County has gone down and James River just doesn't have it in football. Grayson and Fort Chiswell were both excellent teams this past year. Region C Division 2 was loaded as usual thanks in part to those two teams. Galax was also full of talent. But even on the MED's down years, the Cumberland is easily worse.

Grayson has never been an excellent team, neither has Fort....Fort has strung a couple of decent seasons together the past two years, and beaten a couple of quality teams having down years, but "excellent"...you've got to be kidding. I disagree with you about dwarfing the pioneer....The MED couldn't dwarf anybody....The Cumberland schools should just give up on football if they're as bad as you say, because the MED has been pretty bad for a pretty long time.

Then the Cumberland must be pretty awful.... and I wouldn't call Fort or Grayson "excellent". Fort is improving and has beaten a couple of quality teams...but "excellent", I don't believe so.

The past 5 or so years have been really hard. Befor that the team that won the Cumberland was at least pretty good, as of late the whole district has been terrible.

Just curious, what was the last Cumberland team to win a state championship? Jonesville maybe.

Last I checked, Grayson county football hasn't been that great lately....sure they do well in the worst single A district in the state (MED)....only to lose by 30 or 40 in the playoffs every year....it's not like Northwood won the lottery here, let's get real...

MED has beat up on Hogoheegee teams for the last three years. Fort Chiswell has beaten GW, RR, & Chilhowie in the regular season for the last three years. So has Grayson. Also, The Fort has beaten Floyd two times in one year (2010) Cumberland and Hogo are worse than MED.

Just curious, what was the last Cumberland team to win a state championship? Jonesville maybe.

If you're talking about just football, yes..in 1988. Are there any other state titles for a Cumberland school in other sports since then with the exception of Twin Springs basketball and Rye Cove volleyball?

Without looking it up, I would guess no Cumberland team has even won so much as a REGION D football title since 1988 with the exception of Rye Cove about 10 years ago. I think they lost to Bath County in the state semis that year at Gate City, but I'm not 100% certain.

You could combine both districts and still not hang with the Falcons in all sports! Just saying . . . .

First of all, the cumberland & pioneer districts are a joke! Who is in the cumberland? ervinton, st paul, lee high, twin springs, and honaker. Our 8th grade team would win this district. OK, now the mighty pioneer: galax, northwood, chilhowie, fort chiswell, bland, and bathe co. Wow, what a district! Our jv team would win this district.

P.S. Stripes got in the trash last night and dad is still mad at him. I had to clean the garage up-what did he expect we had Long John's? Duh

Rye Cove was solid in 2000 but that was the last descent Cumberland team. I think that was the last Cumberland team to beat Haysi until this past season.

Why did RC host the Reg C champ at GC and not at RC?

I think we were pretty much talking football, the Cumberland is a very good basketball district and baseball is ok for this area (the area as a whole is pretty weak in Baseball)

You Abingdon guys talk alot of crap but ive said it before, the last 4 times the mighty falcons played Honaker they got beat! Not much room to brag there!

And no Honaker is in the BDD not the Cumberland

Edited by redtiger

Why did RC host the Reg C champ at GC and not at RC?

Sometimes the VHSL will not let a school host a playoff game due to inadequate seating or poor field conditions. Not sure which (if not both) was the case with Rye Cove that year.

For example, Grundy had to move its 1996 state semifinal game vs Salem to Tazewell. I think Appalachia had to play one or more of its state playoff games in the 1990s at Bullitt Park.

I'm sure someone knows of some more recent examples.

First of all, the cumberland & pioneer districts are a joke! Who is in the cumberland? ervinton, st paul, lee high, twin springs, and honaker. Our 8th grade team would win this district. OK, now the mighty pioneer: galax, northwood, chilhowie, fort chiswell, bland, and bathe co. Wow, what a district! Our jv team would win this district.

P.S. Stripes got in the trash last night and dad is still mad at him. I had to clean the garage up-what did he expect we had Long John's? Duh

Do some research!!

Cumberland District

Ervinton

St. Paul

Castlewood

Twin Springs

Rye Cove

Thomas Walker

Lee High is in the Clinch Mountain District D2 school

Honaker is in the Black Diamond District D2 school

Sometimes the VHSL will not let a school host a playoff game due to inadequate seating or poor field conditions.

I was kinda wondering which. I never thought RCs field was in that bad of shape(I know its not the nicest in the world but who cares?), it may have been the seating issue

Can anyone tell me the last time Abingdon won a district title in football?

I'm going to guess 1992 when they lost to Richlands in the Region IV championship but even then Lee might have won the Highlands that year.

Other than that, maybe 1985 in the last year of the old SWD.

So Abingdon has been getting their @$$ beat since '92? hahaha That makes everything said by Bigmouth and Falconboy that much funnier! I knew Abingdon didnt exactly have a "rich" football history but I didnt know it was that bad

Edited by redtiger