Casey Anthony Trial

Guest The Variable
A Few Good Men as well!

One of the greatest movies of all time. Demi Moore was still hot, and not bald. Jack Nicholson was the perfect Marine O-6 and Tom Cruise was still Maverick. Kevin Bacon was in it. Also starring Keanu Reeves (small enough role not to ruin everything), Cuba Gooding Jr , and *drum roll* Jack Bauer.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Variable
Wait, who did Reeves play?

Sorry, it was Noah Wylie...my bad, that explains Reeves not ruining it. For some reason those two look alike to me and it throws me off.

What I read, it was only a ruling about procedure in how the death penalty is decided...not on whether or not it can be a punishment, and that it only currently affected one person.

that is what i heard also had something to do with the jury deciding or the judge cannot remember.

yeah you have nothing good to gain from putting a person on the stand, who by all accounts I've seen, can't tell the truth about anything...they say she is a compulsive liar...Prosecutors would rip her apart on the stand if that is true.

as for her lawyer...i think he has done a good job, just look what he was up against? She is guilty as sin...he has done good with what he had to work with all things considered.

the only thing is this guy wrote a few checks in his opening statement that he has not been able to cash as in the drowning of the baby. the molestation of casey and the only person who could really clear it up is a chronic lier in casey herself and the state would have tore her up on redirect. i just hope that it does not get overturned because of some of this guys blunders. that would by misjustic.

Guest The Variable
Perhaps I interpreted it more broadly than that. Hmm.

A) you are the resident legal guy.

B) News outlets dont really have a stellar record for accuracy, nor do they always know anything about the subject at hand.

Thats just what I read and I have no idea what it means or how it applies to the real world legal system.

I heard someone on one of the talk shows on HLN say this case has never been considered a death penalty case. That was a surprise to me. Observer, do you have any idea why?

verdict will be in at 215 today and death penalty is in play.

Obviously, the Jury heard something that most didn't. There must have been enough doubt in their minds that she didn't do it that they had to find her not guilty...and that's all a good defense lawyer needs to do...leave that little bit of doubt...

Guest The Variable

Agreed Lance.

I hate being right. I hope somebody rectifies the jurys mistake.

Time to rant. America wake up, there are greater tragedies going on right in your own home towns than the tragedy that has played out over the last three years in FL. The media stirred another dung pile for everyone's titillation and ratings, while ignoring the death and suffering that goes on everywhere every day. Tomorrow they will be on the hunt for something else to distract the people from real problems.

Our economy is in tatters. Gangs run rampant in the streets of many cities. Tragic murders happen everywhere. Poverty and the impending death of the middle class loom over us all. All these serious issues, and we get gavel to gavel coverage of one tragic death of a child, with expert commentary like it was a sporting event.

As we circle the bowl those who control the media will continue to give us "Blood and Circuses." Stop and ask yourselves why.

Time to rant. America wake up, there are greater tragedies going on right in your own home towns than the tragedy that has played out over the last three years in FL. The media stirred another dung pile for everyone's titillation and ratings, while ignoring the death and suffering that goes on everywhere every day. Tomorrow they will be on the hunt for something else to distract the people from real problems.

Our economy is in tatters. Gangs run rampant in the streets of many cities. Tragic murders happen everywhere. Poverty and the impending death of the middle class loom over us all. All these serious issues, and we get gavel to gavel coverage of one tragic death of a child, with expert commentary like it was a sporting event.

As we circle the bowl those who control the media will continue to give us "Blood and Circuses." Stop and ask yourselves why.

deuceswild likes this. +1

Guest The Variable

Difference. One requires involvement, which you ask of others (and I agree with). The other requires mere passive attention and provides a sick outlet of entertainment for many. The deviation from the latter to the former requires more effort than many are willing to invest.

People did get involved with the Wisconsin Union Busting bill, from both sides. Was that something like you are asking for?

On the other hand...how often is it that we do not pay attention to child abuse or ignore it? This case is relatively unprecedented in its rise from obscure background to celebrity. Not since Susan Smith has such a thing been brought to our attention, and a lot of garbage bins and microwaves have held infants and children since the early 90's.

Edited by The Variable

One of the things that bothers me about this whole ordeal is that it happens every single day. The media used its typical sensationalism and ratings-seeking ways to captivate us with one case that was drawn out for three years. An injustice may have been served here but it happens every single day. We shouldn't act so surprised when it occurs in a case we just so happened to be paying attention to. None of us like jury duty but we're all living room jurors.

Defense attorney must be one of the few occupations on Earth that can make you hated by a majority of humanity when you do your job really well. Unless you're an evil villain or the leader of a communist nation..

One of the things that bothers me about this whole ordeal is that it happens every single day. The media used its typical sensationalism and ratings-seeking ways to captivate us with one case that was drawn out for three years. An injustice may have been served here but it happens every single day. We shouldn't act so surprised when it occurs in a case we just so happened to be paying attention to. None of us like jury duty but we're all living room jurors.

Defense attorney must be one of the few occupations on Earth that can make you hated by a majority of humanity when you do your job really well. Unless you're an evil villain or the leader of a communist nation..

Sad but very true!

I hope somebody rectifies the jurys mistake.

What mistake?

I must've missed something somewhere, since I didn't watch but maybe 5 minutes total of this ... how did Caylee die? Was chloroform in her system? What was the duct tape's purpose?

Nancy Grace's head just exploded...

Obviously, the Jury heard something that most didn't. There must have been enough doubt in their minds that she didn't do it that they had to find her not guilty...and that's all a good defense lawyer needs to do...leave that little bit of doubt...

Love the Nancy Grace comment. Talk about biased reporting. She's the world's worst.

I tried to listen to this trial with an open mind. Going in, I couldn't help but believe Casey Anthony was guilty of first degree murder, but I wanted to hear the evidence that proved it beyond a reasonable doubt. There was a ton of circumstantial evidence that many will contend was enough to convict her, but they never convinced me. It doesn't matter that I think she is guilty, it matters that in this country we do not have a lynch mob mentality. We have a jury system that protects all of us from that kind of injustice. The prosecution did not prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt. You may not like our system of justice, but it worked today.