Graham fans & others...please read...

GMan

If you want change in the radio booth of the Graham broadcasts, please call Kicks Country and make your complaints known ASAP!!!! I have it on good authority, that there is a great possibility of bringing back some really good announcers from Graham's "glory days", but only if you let your disapproval of the current crew be known!!!!

C'mon folks, I don't ask you guys for much but this would be a GREAT thing for Graham fans and Graham football...

BURN UP THE PHONE LINES NOW!!!!

Kicks Country 106.3 & 107.7 FM

900 Bluefield Ave.

Bluefield, WV 24701

Studio: 1-800-325-2256, (304) 325-2250

Office: (304) 327-7114

Fax: (304) 325-7850

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

If you want change in the radio booth of the Graham broadcasts, please call Kicks Country and make your complaints known ASAP!!!! I have it on good authority, that there is a great possibility of bringing back some really good announcers from Graham's "glory days", but only if you let your disapproval of the current crew be known!!!!

C'mon folks, I don't ask you guys for much but this would be a GREAT thing for Graham fans and Graham football...

900 Bluefield Ave.

Bluefield, WV 24701

Studio: , (304) 325-2250

+1. I think you can also reach them from out-of-town at (800) 325-2256.

900 Bluefield Ave.

Bluefield, WV 24701

I have no dog in the fight, but if you need help, I'll be calling and voicing my compaints tomorrow.

Just faxed this in...

September 26, 2011

<O:p</O:p

900 Bluefield Ave.

Bluefield, WV 24701

To whom it may concern:

<O:p

As a lifelong resident of the two Bluefields, and a graduate of Graham High School, I am asking that you please consider removing Mike Baker from the booth of the Graham G-Men football broadcasts.

For years, we have been saddled with having to listen to his constant ramblings, from concession-stand food to off-color jokes (“that’s what she said”), all the while trying to tread our way through his awful commentary of the actual football games.

This past Friday night was the last straw for me as a listener.

His unprofessional behavior of openly criticizing the Graham coaching staff and the officials was too much for me and many other Graham fans that I have talked with over the weekend.

Please take this request into consideration and please do all the loyal Graham fans and KicksCountry listeners a favor by giving us a better crew to listen to on Friday nights.

Thank you,

XXXXXXXX <O:p</O:p

Just faxed this in...

September 26, 2011

900 Bluefield Ave.

Bluefield, WV 24701

To whom it may concern:

<O:p

As a lifelong resident of the two Bluefields, and a graduate of Graham High School, I am asking that you please consider removing Mike Baker from the booth of the Graham G-Men football broadcasts.

For years, we have been saddled with having to listen to his constant ramblings, from concession-stand food to off-color jokes (“that’s what she saidâ€), all the while trying to tread our way through his awful commentary of the actual football games.

This past Friday night was the last straw for me as a listener.

His unprofessional behavior of openly criticizing the Graham coaching staff and the officials was too much for me and many other Graham fans that I have talked with over the weekend.

Please take this request into consideration and please do all the loyal Graham fans and KicksCountry listeners a favor by giving us a better crew to listen to on Friday nights.

Thank you,

XXXXXXXX <O:p</O:p

Hopefully without all the :Ps, I assume. ;)

900 Bluefield Ave.

Bluefield, WV 24701

done gman i am getting tired of his announcing also i live in staunton and listen online and it is killing me trying to figure out what is going on. just called kicks radio though had to leave a message but left a good one and my number for a call back. will see if i actually get one if not will call again till someone listens to me there.

I left a message as well. Told them I was a listener from Roanoke and left a call back number but have not received a reply as of yet. I have also been spreading the word among others via e-mail and phone calls. Everyone needs to make a call to the studio in order to voice their opinion. I, personally, do not know Mike Baker but I assume he is a nice guy just in the wrong place. However, I cannot sit through an entire broadcast listening to him. He is an embarrassment to the station, the Virginia side community, the school, and himself!

Done...I also listened friday nite and when he said they were "hosed by he refs

last year", I had to turn it off...I am not a Graham fan but a swva football fan and

every team deserves better than this

Done...I also listened friday nite and when he said they were "hosed by he refs

last year", I had to turn it off...I am not a Graham fan but a swva football fan and

every team deserves better than this

Boycott the sponsors of the broadcast. That will get their attention FAST. As long as the advertising money is there, they could care less, who broadcast the games.

The point about boycotting sponsors may be a little too extreme. There are some good, honest businesses advertising on the broadcast that don't deserve to be punished. What one may do is call these sponsors and let them know that, while you respect their businesses, they have become associated with a broadcast that has fallen out of favor in the community. Let them know that our ears are not attentive to the information regarding their business, as we have become distracted by what we have been hearing otherwise. I know that during the two broadcasts I've listen to, the commercial period has been a time of chatter about "can you believe what they just said". The listeners that remain are distracted and are not a fertile field to plant the seeds of business growth on. Don't forget to thank the sponsors for showing interest in our local youth activities.

Edited by GHS89

can i get a brief discription from someone as to what was said .i was busy friday and didnt get to listen in.

Read these threads...

http://www.swvasports.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21884

http://www.swvasports.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21854

This is only what was said this past Friday night on the radio broadcast. For anyone who listens on a somewhat regular basis, this is the norm for every broadcast he does.

But to summarize...

--he questioned the new head Coach on the air because his son wasn't playing QB

--he criticized officials over a blatant PI call that was called against his son on defense

--he brought up the officiating from last season's game vs. Marion in which Graham ending up losing due to a PI call

--he makes off-color remarks ("looks like they're going to be short by inches...yeh, that's what she said")...not appropriate for a "G"-rated broadcast, nor for a man in his position

--and you never know what the heck is going on on the field because of his constant rambling about everything else going on in the stadium (ie. how good the hot dogs being eaten by the women in the red jacket look)...and just how many "shout outs" can you give to the same person during one game????

Never looked at it that way. Bad post, he is negative about every situation other than his kid. I apologize for coming off angry, but I clicked the links that were provided and read further comments from other games. A day later and I realize I sound no better myself.

Edited by YOTD

I was reading the past posts. He really must go. I have many friends who have called and left extensive messages.

In my opinion he should be happy his son is playing period. Didn't hear the radio, but did he describe the three series of three and out when his son was 1-8 or 9 throwing the ball, with wide open recievers? Taking a sack for a 10 yrd loss by a lineman? The one pass to a reciever was a screen for -1 yrds. I was told no mention of that at all, guess that is coaching. He just is not ready at all. Hill is better at this point, just physically too small to play in a backup/throwing role.

His son plays Defense and I swear if he ran toward ball carriers the way he runs from them we might have a player some day. Seriously the kid has maybe 1 tackle in 3-4 games. He needs to be off of Defense all together. Dad should be singing praises that his son is getting PT period.

Must be great to be a delusional dad. I would love to see his stats compaired to Sheets. Sheets has more yards passing and throws maybe 1/10 as often. Never runs backward and is a player. Not to mention what he does with his feet and athleticism. Sheets will proboably have to play another position next year and I bet the farm Hill will be the QB. Just dont see what he sees in games. Stats don't lie. I was told he also failed to mention 2 pick sixes (other int also) and a fumble inside the ten all on his son. He has no case nor reason to question people. He makes himself sound foolish to everyone who attends games when they hear about his radio rants afterward. Seems to have a chip on his shoulder and a agenda because of what he wants the coaches to do involving his son. Sad.

WOW! Didn't see that one coming...

I was reading the past posts. He really must go. I have many friends who have called and left extensive messages.

In my opinion he should be happy his son is playing period. Didn't hear the radio, but did he describe the three series of three and out when his son was 1-8 or 9 throwing the ball, with wide open recievers? Taking a sack for a 10 yrd loss by a lineman? The one pass to a reciever was a screen for -1 yrds. I was told no mention of that at all, guess that is coaching. He just is not ready at all. Hill is better at this point, just physically too small to play in a backup/throwing role.

His son plays Defense and I swear if he ran toward ball carriers the way he runs from them we might have a player some day. Seriously the kid has maybe 1 tackle in 3-4 games. He needs to be off of Defense all together. Dad should be singing praises that his son is getting PT period.

Must be great to be a delusional dad. I would love to see his stats compaired to Sheets. Sheets has more yards passing and throws maybe 1/10 as often. Never runs backward and is a player. Not to mention what he does with his feet and athleticism. Sheets will proboably have to play another position next year and I bet the farm Hill will be the QB. Just dont see what he sees in games. Stats don't lie. I was told he also failed to mention 2 pick sixes (other int also) and a fumble inside the ten all on his son. He has no case nor reason to question people. He makes himself sound foolish to everyone who attends games when they hear about his radio rants afterward. Seems to have a chip on his shoulder and a agenda because of what he wants the coaches to do involving his son. Sad.

The kid is just out there playing football. The dad is doing enough to embarrass him.

Are you guys trying to get the dad canned or the kid? or both?