District Play-GMen

Gunz9

Seems like to me you haven't been around here long enough to be jumping on everyones thoughts and down everyones throats.

You guys are the ones thet referred to me as a "homer" because I dont drink the koolaid you guys are drinking,and I usually try to be respectful, Im just getting tired of reading all this garbage about Richlands everytime I come on here. I'll probably be around less, as Im starting to see less and less that I consider to have any real value worth reading, its funny because before the season starts everyone has hopes for their teams I guess so it is some good discussions, but then as the season progresses it turn into something different that Im not sure I care to be a part of, guess I'll have to stick with "my group" so as I dont get accused of jumping down peoples throats simply because I dont share their views.

Weight program!!! We didn't have one under Marrs and it showed.... Give Williams time to get these boys big and strong again...Graham will be back.

I agree...I think the biggest improvement we'll see, probably as soon as next season will be line play....that's where we're really getting beaten. Somebody said the middle school had some hosses and I got to see a few of them the other day...and yes, they do....I think the near future looks very bright....very talented QB and skill players as well...

You guys are the ones thet referred to me as a "homer" because I dont drink the koolaid you guys are drinking,and I usually try to be respectful, Im just getting tired of reading all this garbage about Richlands everytime I come on here. I'll probably be around less, as Im starting to see less and less that I consider to have any real value worth reading, its funny because before the season starts everyone has hopes for their teams I guess so it is some good discussions, but then as the season progresses it turn into something different that Im not sure I care to be a part of, guess I'll have to stick with "my group" so as I dont get accused of jumping down peoples throats simply because I dont share their views.

Hate to tell ya, but we haven't had Koolaid in Bluefield for a few years now....We're just mixing the kool aid up, so we can enjoy it in a couple years....

Don't you know that we drink lemonade in Bluefield?

And one person referring to you as a "Homer" doesn't justify you saying "you guys".... referred to you as a homer....just saying.

They will beat Narrows and Bland, and they will beat Galax or Fort Chiswell in an upset. Graham is young and will compete for the district next year. Also, remember Gate City in single A. They've played one of the toughest schedules in the state for a Single A team up until this point. Do not let the 2 and 3 record fool you. They may win the whole thing again. Watch and see come playoff time.

Really? Win the whole thing? Graham may be on the rise, but to say they may win State is foolish, at best. And as for Graham beating Richlands down the road, I look foraward to some good competiton from Graham. I miss the days of AB and Cain squaring off with close games and huge crowds. Streaks are meant to be broken, unless you're Grundy, which doesn't get the chance to break that streak with us for a while... Lol. Had to do it Lance...

Really? Win the whole thing? Graham may be on the rise, but to say they may win State is foolish, at best.

He didn't say Graham would win State, he said Gate City has a chance to win State even though they are 2-3 at this point in the season.

Also, remember Gate City in single A. They've played one of the toughest schedules in the state for a Single A team up until this point. Do not let the 2 and 3 record fool you. They may win the whole thing again. Watch and see come playoff time.

Really? Win the whole thing? Graham may be on the rise, but to say they may win State is foolish, at best. And as for Graham beating Richlands down the road, I look foraward to some good competiton from Graham. I miss the days of AB and Cain squaring off with close games and huge crowds. Streaks are meant to be broken, unless you're Grundy, which doesn't get the chance to break that streak with us for a while... Lol. Had to do it Lance...

I agree....I've been watching single A D-2 ball for years..... D-2 is overall better than D-3....many more quality teams in D-2 than D-3 statewide, in my opinion.... Graham actually took a step up in competition when they dropped to single A, if you ask me...

I just read G-Man's post and I do believe the dude was talking about Gate winning state this year...but I think there are too many quality D-2 teams this year that stand in their way...

He didn't say Graham would win State, he said Gate City has a chance to win State even though they are 2-3 at this point in the season.

Ah. Read it wrong. Now that I went back and looked at it slower I see where I just read half of it lol. Still stick to my guns about the latter part of my previous post. I look forward to the day when Graham is competitive with us again. It was always a great game from 02-03 on.

I called you a homer (which from past posts you can tell you are) & I'm not from Bluefield, and have no association with Graham. No need to get mad at real Graham fans because I called you out.

As for Graham dropping down to the MED......The MED has two of the best teams in Group A, in Galax and Grayson. As for Fort Chiswell, they are starting 4 10th graders and one of them was all-state as a 9th grader. Heard he was a D-1 prospect. I also know that the JV team at The Fort is undefeated. So, we will see as for the future of Graham football. Good luck!

Graham should beat Narrows and Bland County. In reference to the remaining three district opponents the G-men could possibly, and hopefully, pull an upset over Fort Chiswell. At 4-6 or 5-5 the G-Men may get into one of the last remaining playoff spots and certainly be on the road. Making the playoffs would certainly be a HUGE lift for the program and provide momentum for next year. I am really glad to see that the MED is no longer the joke of single A football this year. Although I would like to see Graham upset Grayson and Galax I find it not likely to happen. However, I wish Grayson and Galax the best of luck in order to prove that the MED is certainly no patsy in football.

I read that Graham was dropping Princeton next year. Does anyone know the replacement school on the 2012 schedule? I would like to see Graham pick up Pikeview (WV), Virginia High, or Gate City. I assume they may be looking for another single A school to fill the spot. Obviously, Pikeview would make sense due to the easy travel parameters. George Wythe would also make sense for the same reason.

Graham should beat Narrows and Bland County. In reference to the remaining three district opponents the G-men could possibly, and hopefully, pull an upset over Fort Chiswell. At 4-6 or 5-5 the G-Men may get into one of the last remaining playoff spots and certainly be on the road. Making the playoffs would certainly be a HUGE lift for the program and provide momentum for next year. I am really glad to see that the MED is no longer the joke of single A football this year. Although I would like to see Graham upset Grayson and Galax I find it not likely to happen. However, I wish Grayson and Galax the best of luck in order to prove that the MED is certainly no patsy in football.

I read that Graham was dropping Princeton next year. Does anyone know the replacement school on the 2012 schedule? I would like to see Graham pick up Pikeview (WV), Virginia High, or Gate City. I assume they may be looking for another single A school to fill the spot. Obviously, Pikeview would make sense due to the easy travel parameters. George Wythe would also make sense for the same reason.

This is year one of a two year contract. So we will play at princeton next year.

Look for us to pick up Giles in 2013 instead of Princeton. Also heard that Marion may come off the schedule also.

Thanks for the reply. Giles would be a very good fit as well and as we all know the Spartans certainly have a program that draws a huge crowd. Also, the drive to Pearisburg can be done in less than one hour. I assume that with the exception of the rivalry games ... Bluefield, Tazewell, Richlands ... that they are most likely looking for Single A opponents. You have to admit, that this year's Graham schedule is pretty tough for a Single A school.

This is the schedule I'd like to see Graham play...

Bluefield, Tazewell, Richlands, Giles, George Wythe, MED schedule (Bland, Narrows, Fort Chiswell, Galax, Grayson Co.)

I'd also like to see Radford and/or Gate City (always were a good rivalries), or even James Monroe (would be a pretty good game year in and year out), on the schedule too but there are only 10 spots available...

This is the schedule I'd like to see Graham play...

Bluefield, Tazewell, Richlands, Giles, George Wythe, MED schedule (Bland, Narrows, Fort Chiswell, Galax, Grayson Co.)

I'd also like to see Radford and/or Gate City (always were a good rivalries), or even James Monroe (would be a pretty good game year in and year out), on the schedule too but there are only 10 spots available...

I agree, that would be ideal. All the non-district games would be easy drives for the fans.

I agree, that would be ideal. All the non-district games would be easy drives for the fans.

And....Giles and GW would both bring big gates to the home games....and could quickly develop into rivalry games...not to mention that they are both top notch teams.

Grayson and Galax are both much stronger than Graham...I'd say better than Bluefield or Princeton....

Galax and Grayson are good, but I'm guessing they want nothing to do with the Tigers and want to stay really far away from the Beavers