What is happening?

Gunz9

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know exactly who you're talking about...and it's total B.S. It's time all of that crap stopped. It's going to take somebody stepping up and holding the school system accountable.

That's about the only time you'll ever see "school system" and "accountable" next to each other.

You hear all the rumors, but if it's true the FB coach is pushing for them to play only football, that isn't right. I don't care if it's "how it used to be done," kids want to play all sports they are interested in and shouldn't be pushed to quit something they want to do. I personally think playing multiple sports make a kid a better all round athlete.

Just my opinion on the idea of pushing for kids to play one sport. If this isn't the case, then something is running them off.

You hear all the rumors, but if it's true the FB coach is pushing for them to play only football, that isn't right. I don't care if it's "how it used to be done," kids want to play all sports they are interested in and shouldn't be pushed to quit something they want to do. I personally think playing multiple sports make a kid a better all round athlete.

Just my opinion on the idea of pushing for kids to play one sport. If this isn't the case, then something is running them off.

The coach isn't pushing them to only play football. The coach wants them to do the work in the weight room, and if they have to make time to do it so be it. Coach is in the weight room every morning at 6:30, and there every afternoon. If the kids interpret that any other way is wrong. And another thing, if these kids don't want to be there, don't. It will be done without them. This is being built the right way, and these parents and fans need to be patient.

I don't disagree with you at all. I think in any sport if the kids aren't taking advantage of weightlifting and conditioning they and there coach are missing out on the full potential. However as a coach you can't make these guys lift but you can only hope for there benefit and the teams that they will take advantage of what is there for them. With todays kids it seems the more you try to force them the more they go against you. Don't understand it, when I played if a coach asked me to play or go out for the team I was more than willing to put in the time it took. I wanted to make sure I was at my best so that I could offer my team everything thing I could give. I would much rather have 15 guys on Friday night that gave everything they had throught out the year than 45 guys that only wanted to have there picture in the program.

Honestly...you wouldn't really want the guys on the team that aren't going to put in the time it takes...they'll just be taking up room on the sidelines and drink all the gatorade anyway....

I have 2 kids that play sports and it burns me up every time I see a coach put in a kid who hasn't shown up for practice....regardless of how good they are.

Although I'd like to see 50 kids on the sideline this fall, I'd be just as happy to see 35 kids out there, who I know were dedicated to what the coach is trying to do.

I am going to laugh when Coppola has 3+ sacks in the first game against Graham, and then in week 3 Baker comes back to Mitchell and throws for 300 yards. What all of you say i would believe if i hadn't been a part of the program last year. He is running it in to the ground. Graham will go 2-8 this year at best, wins over Narrows and Bland. Williams is running an offense that is like running a goaline formation on madden the entire way down the field, and now he ran off the only QB he had that could throw the ball. It is gonna be a long year for the G-Men. Williams will either run it in to the ground or will be fired before he does.

you sound like someone who did not get his way on the team last year and are unhappy. if you did not like what is going on at ghs why did you not quit the team in the begining. this team does not need someone like you on the team anyways.

Williams is running an offense that is like running a goaline formation on madden the entire way down the field, and now he ran off the only QB he had that could throw the ball. .

all credibality instantly lost!

Edited by redtiger

I am going to laugh when Coppola has 3+ sacks in the first game against Graham, and then in week 3 Baker comes back to Mitchell and throws for 300 yards. What all of you say i would believe if i hadn't been a part of the program last year. He is running it in to the ground. Graham will go 2-8 this year at best, wins over Narrows and Bland. Williams is running an offense that is like running a goaline formation on madden the entire way down the field, and now he ran off the only QB he had that could throw the ball. It is gonna be a long year for the G-Men. Williams will either run it in to the ground or will be fired before he does.

Baker will never play at QB for Richlands... and they said the same thing about Carlock....

I'm hearing a couple of other good, young players aren't playing this year because of him. I don't know the guy but from what many people tell me he is more arrogant than DM ever was.

IF anybody doesn't want to play....it's because they don't want to put in the hard work that it takes to be succesful... This guy was around one of the most succesful football programs in Virginia High School League History (Salem).....

Nobody complained when Carlock worked everybody's butt off to make them better... Problem is, everybody is used to a former coach's slack arse attitude and they've forgotten what it takes to be a winner....

bawwww.jpg

Wow...the times have changed....where's the loyalty?

IF anybody doesn't want to play....it's because they don't want to put in the hard work that it takes to be succesful... This guy was around one of the most succesful football programs in Virginia High School League History (Salem).....

Nobody complained when Carlock worked everybody's butt off to make them better... Problem is, everybody is used to a former coach's slack arse attitude and they've forgotten what it takes to be a winner....

Not only that, he was in the FUMA system, which is only one of the best JUCO programs in the United States. The man is a proven winner everywhere he's been. These kids need to learn the difference between being hard-nosed and being an ass. If someone's too weak or too hard-headed to see the difference, trim the dead wood, I say.

Not only that, he was in the FUMA system, which is only one of the best JUCO programs in the United States. The man is a proven winner everywhere he's been. These kids need to learn the difference between being hard-nosed and being an ass. If someone's too weak or too hard-headed to see the difference, trim the dead wood, I say.

If these kids are willing to leave their teammates and their friends...so be it....

I'm sure the parents probably have a lot to do with it also....

What kind of lesson is being taught here, if a kid is allowed by a parent to go play somewhere else, if they don't get their way....

No he won't. I can promise you that. Because people like you don't have the balls to do it. And we don't cater to helicopter daddies. If they don't want to be there then leave. Simple as that.

No he won't. I can promise you that. Because people like you don't have the balls to do it. And we don't cater to helicopter daddies. If they don't want to be there then leave. Simple as that.

graham does not want to be like tazewell in any way at all. the kids that cannot take the heat need to get out and let the ones that want to put in the time and effort to make ghs a top program again play and win. those that dont move on we do not need you.

I'll say this without naming anyone or going into details. I overheard at least one father last year talking about how he is sick of the coaching decisions and he was going to get his kid to go play for Richlands. I also know for a fact that the kid just wanted to play and was going to contribute to the team anyway possible. Also I was told in the last week that he didn't transfer and is coming back on the team.

It isn't always the players sometimes (maybe most times) the parents drive stupid decisions as well.

Except special occasions a player and their family shoudl stick with the coach and their decisions. I can not speak on behalf of Williams at Graham but to me it sounds like the players need to man up and rise to the level that he expects of them and meet the potential that is there for them.

I'll say this without naming anyone or going into details. I overheard at least one father last year talking about how he is sick of the coaching decisions and he was going to get his kid to go play for Richlands. I also know for a fact that the kid just wanted to play and was going to contribute to the team anyway possible. Also I was told in the last week that he didn't transfer and is coming back on the team.

It isn't always the players sometimes (maybe most times) the parents drive stupid decisions as well.

Except special occasions a player and their family shoudl stick with the coach and their decisions. I can not speak on behalf of Williams at Graham but to me it sounds like the players need to man up and rise to the level that he expects of them and meet the potential that is there for them.

This.....

I don't understand all of this transferring bs that is going on when I was growing up playing ball my high school team was terrible but there was never a thought of transferring to a rival school... these kids transferring to these two programs that are already on top.... That are probably still going to be good with or without them... I would think they would be noticed more on a team that rises up out of the ashes like I believe Graham will granted it will be easier with them there but...you gotta go on Go G-Men

The reason for playing has changed. I know I played to play , to represent my school and contribute to a solid football tradition. Now kids play to win and be a champion. Theres nothing wropng w/ winning and being a champion but you should have bigger concerns than simply winning imo

Edited by redtiger

Times have really changed. There is no way that tranferring to Bluefield, Tazewell, or Richlands would have been an option in my household. We played to represent our town, school, neighborhood, and our parents name. The rule was an unspoken one. If you don't want to work you don't play. This whole sense of entitlement from people these days makes me sick. We had to EARN the right to wear the uniform and the G-Star on the helmets. If they don't want to be there let them leave!!! Not all players like or love their coaches but they should respect them.