The most famous hand......

You ever shook. This topic was brought up at work the other day at work. Just wondering if you dudes have met any important figures. The most famous handshake(s) I have ever had would have to be :

Dale Earnhardt (Sr)

Peyton Manning

Due to being able to swing a pit pass at BMS most years, I have met about all of the NASCAR guys.

What say you?

Governors Mark Warner and Tim Kaine.

The next governor of Virginia, Ken Cuccinelli.

Larry the Cable Guy

Jerry Clower

Mike Scott

Heath Miller

Mine aren't really that impressive.

Finished 4th in a Virginia Boys' State competition in which the Top 2 got to meet and get a picture with President G.W. Bush.

Interesting topic.

A ton of Oak Hill guys

Dustin Johnson (several times)

Ian Poulter

Justin Rose

Padraig Harrington

Rory McIlroy

Rickie Fowler

Peter Jacobson

Arnold Palmer

Jack Nicklaus

Nancy Lopez

Phil Mickelson

John Daly

Ben Crenshaw

Scott Van Pelt

Dang, forgot this years Masters champ Bubba Watson. I have photos of almost all of these by the way. Been to way too many golf tournaments.

Edited by sixcat

does buff bagwell count?

I am so glad you mentioned that name. He's about the only famous person I ever remember shaking hands with (and got his autograph) after watching him wrestle once. Couldn't remember his name to post on here for the life of me, lol.

Chipper Jones was the first in the stadium to get his autograph, almost shat myself.

John Smoltz

Gary Sheffield

Greg Maddox

Jeff Francouer when he was 18 trying out for the braves in Spring Practice

Martha Stewart

Zach "Mayor" Helton

Ralph Stanley

Ralph Stanley's Grandaughter which is hot by the way

Ralph Sampson.....

Worked in a learning center, where he brought in his 2 kids for tutoring.

His son was in 2nd grade and nearly as tall as me. His wife looked to be about 6'2" or so....and his daughter was taller than me and in the 5th grade... anyway, I worked in Richmond at the time.

This was around the time the move "Titanic" came out.... I recall a packed house for the movie and just before the movie was getting ready to start...Sampson sat down right smack dab in front of me...all 7'4" of him....it was an aisle seat and he had to stick his legs into the aisle....needless to say I was sitting sideways looking around him for that movie.....

Very soft spoken and pleasant personality....

Ralph Sampson.....

Worked in a learning center, where he brought in his 2 kids for tutoring.

His son was in 2nd grade and nearly as tall as me. His wife looked to be about 6'2" or so....and his daughter was taller than me and in the 5th grade... anyway, I worked in Richmond at the time.

This was around the time the move "Titanic" came out.... I recall a packed house for the movie and just before the movie was getting ready to start...Sampson sat down right smack dab in front of me...all 7'4" of him....it was an aisle seat and he had to stick his legs into the aisle....needless to say I was sitting sideways looking around him for that movie.....

Very soft spoken and pleasant personality....

I saw him close by one time after a UVA game. You just cannot appreciate 7'4'' until you see it in person.

That son is now at the University of Minnesota. :)

I've shaken lots of hands, but these are the ones that immediately come to mind...

Jerry West

Chad Pennington

Phil Mickelson

Tom Watson

John Daly

X-Pac (pre-Chyna sex tape)

Governor/Senator Joe Manchin

Chipper Jones

John Smoltz

Tom Glavine

Greg Maddux

Frank Beamer

Bud Foster

Charlie Moir

Frankie Allen

Marvin Freeman & Greg Olson, Actually we ate with them at a Waffle House in Atlanta in the early 90's. Although neither player were not that big of a star, they were pretty cool, and told some good stories.

And saved the best 2 for last,

Dennis Vaught right after the State Championship in 92 and Greg Mance after the State Title in 06, lol

You just cannot appreciate 7'4'' until you see it in person.

You got that right...I met George Muresan once...7 foot 7 inches...all i could think was, damn he must hit his head on stuff a lot.

CMarvin Freeman & Greg Olson, Actually we ate with them at a Waffle House in Atlanta in the early 90's. Although neither player were not that big of a star, they were pretty cool, and told some good stories.

I remember Greg Olson. I thought Ken Caminiti killed him on that bullrush at home plate. A broken leg was all, I think.

He was the prototypical poor hitter that Atlanta always seemed to have coming up at awful times. Lots of 1-0, 2-1, 4-1 losses in those times.

I remember Greg Olson. I thought Ken Caminiti killed him on that bullrush at home plate. A broken leg was all, I think.

He was the prototypical poor hitter that Atlanta always seemed to have coming up at awful times. Lots of 1-0, 2-1, 4-1 losses in those times.

I still remember Olson making the all-star team in 1990, that was a year before all the success for Atlanta started, and as a Braves fan, you couldn't wait till the lone Brave made it in the all-star game. After the Caminiti hit, Olson was never the same.