2012 expectations

redtiger

I don't think McCann is coming down, by what I have been told, heard he was gonna stay at Tazewell, but wasn't for sure he was gonna play football... (that's just hear say) And the Davis kid will be back in the Kelly Green head gear!

Thanks for the heads up ! You hear all kinds of things this time of the year and i wasn't sure if what I heard was true or not.

It would be nice to see him play ball for the bulldogs if he is gonna stay up there. Help them turn things around !

What kind of athlete is he ? I don't know anything about him. Is he the type of player that could help Tazewell this year ?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not you on here again? Figured it was time for you start it up! Welcome back from the winter hibernation!

Hibernation was too long, im ready for some football. Good football or bad football as long as we have football. How do you think the new coach will turn out? Hopefully he will be there awhile, thats what you guys need just someone that can be around for awhile and have a chance to build something. This is probably the first true time in a long time that Im not sure what the Blues are going to have. I no we will have a quality team but thats all I can expect.

Guest king kone

Lot of kids going to the fieldhouse for it to be summer vacation......

Lot of kids going to the fieldhouse for it to be summer vacation......

I've heard we have had a really good turnout this year.............of course that has been going on for a while, but i heard it was even better this year !

I really love the way the kids have bought into the work ethic !

I think what it is, is that with the program Richlands has everyone expects them to have a quality team. Not speaking for everyone else but I feel that we will field a quality team but not sure how good we will be this year. We lost alot of talent so who knows how the younger guys will step up. Could be a 10-0 season or a 7-3 season just will have to wait and see. In any case, just hope that history keeps repeating itself.

lol what a joke every year you get on here saying the blues are going to go 10-0 I know marion beat you guys in 7 on 7 and then marion turned around and lost to Holston and john battle so here is my prediction you guys will not go 10-0

You barely beat the socond team!. If Coach Mance played the staters it would not have been close and you know it. I really do hope you all have a great season. I wished you could say the same.

I know i shouldnt have even responded but that is just rediculous that you think you can judge our boys by that. It will be fun to see what you think when the pads come on in our game with you at Ernie Hicks in October.

You barely beat the socond team!. If Coach Mance played the staters it would not have been close and you know it. I really do hope you all have a great season. I wished you could say the same.

I know i shouldnt have even responded but that is just rediculous that you think you can judge our boys by that. It will be fun to see what you think when the pads come on in our game with you at Ernie Hicks in October.

marion shouldnt have won period we don't have high expectations we just hope to beat chilhowie northwood and abingdon. I don't think marion will beat u guys when it counts

Edited by Canes00

lol what a joke every year you get on here saying the blues are going to go 10-0 I know marion beat you guys in 7 on 7 and then marion turned around and lost to Holston and john battle so here is my prediction you guys will not go 10-0

I really don't put too much into 7 on 7s. Players playing new positions or playing positions they have never played before. Nor do I know how it went, as I was not there. As far as the upcoming season, if the ball rolls the right way, 10-0 can be a reality. GC will be a tough game as always. Union will be a good game. Don't really know much about what Honaker has. The big circle on the calendar for me is AT Pulaski. Best 0-10 team I have Ever seen, so you know they will improve. So depending on factors that one can't see coming, 10-0 could be just as attainable as 8-2 is. That's just my 2 cents worth.

I appreciate that Canes. I just took it wrong. I really do hope you guys have a season better than you expect.

Ryan you are right on all points as usual. No doubt Gate City will be good they always are well coached and fundamentally sound and love to play. You gotta love Gate City if you love football. Union i expect to be really good also.

Make no mistake about Pulaski will more than likely be the toughest on our schedule. They will have a big crowd and ready to get after it. Gotta love it thats what its all about on Friday Nights.

I just hope all teams in Southwest Va. Have a better year than the past few. Good luck to all. You to G Man!

Make no mistake about Pulaski will more than likely be the toughest on our schedule. They will have a big crowd and ready to get after it. Gotta love it thats what its all about on Friday Nights.

I really hope that we bring the crowd we normally do to away games. That stadium is big, and in a hole. So it'll be a very loud atmosphere.

Not to be too picky, but they went 1-9 and actually made the playoffs...which outraged a lot of folks...

My bad. I knew they made the playoffs. Just thought they went 0-10. In this case, they are the best 1-9 team I've ever seen.

My bad. I knew they made the playoffs. Just thought they went 0-10. In this case, they are the best 1-9 team I've ever seen.

Pulaski's schedule was brutal and loaded with powerhouses which game them big points. That team would have beaten say a 9-1 squad with a cupcake schedule. Usually I'd be the first to gripe about a 1-9 team getting in,but that team was an exception. I had no gripe with it because of who they played (and were competetive playing them)

Funny how people turn that into me saying we are going to have a 10-0 season. I said WHO KNOWS could be 10-0, 7-3, 5-5 NOBODY KNOWS YET!! I just think we will have a quality team considering history and the coaching staff we got.

Pulaski's schedule was brutal and loaded with powerhouses which game them big points. That team would have beaten say a 9-1 squad with a cupcake schedule. Usually I'd be the first to gripe about a 1-9 team getting in,but that team was an exception. I had no gripe with it because of who they played (and were competetive playing them)

Agreed. Give them Richlands' schedule and they are easily 8-2 maybe even 9-1. I had no gripe with them in the playoffs.

At the risk of offending the Blue Tornado faithful I will give my honest unbiased opinion for this years team.

Based on seeing Richlands at Marshall last year and RE Lee this year I will say that Richlands will be a different team. (I know a 7on7 is not the best indicator but it's all I have to go on.)

Last year I thought they looked more confident throwing the ball and had a few more athletes on the field. I think this years team will be coached well enough to avoid losses in the regular season but I think the point spreads will be closer.

With that said I believe Richlands has more room for error this year.

Cave Spring looks more like a 5-5 or 4-6 team and Martinsville was miles behind the top two last year year.

Even if Richlands loses a game or two they will still host the Region IV title game and I think they will win it easily based on the competition in the region.

Having to travel to Roanoke or Lynchburg for the State Semifinals could be the end of the road for this team but anything can happen when you get to the final four.

Guest king kone
I've heard we have had a really good turnout this year.............of course that has been going on for a while, but i heard it was even better this year !

I really love the way the kids have bought into the work ethic !

When you see kids walking to the fieldhouse at 8am to workout you have some dedicated players......

Guest king kone
I really don't put too much into 7 on 7s. Players playing new positions or playing positions they have never played before. Nor do I know how it went, as I was not there. As far as the upcoming season, if the ball rolls the right way, 10-0 can be a reality. GC will be a tough game as always. Union will be a good game. Don't really know much about what Honaker has. The big circle on the calendar for me is AT Pulaski. Best 0-10 team I have Ever seen, so you know they will improve. So depending on factors that one can't see coming, 10-0 could be just as attainable as 8-2 is. That's just my 2 cents worth.
You got players that look great in 7 0n 7....then they get a hat put on them when the pads go on and...

As a Richlands fan, I will give my 2 cents worth of opinion. :)

I think Richlands will be good. When you lose a player like Devon Johnson, you will not replace him but the offensive backfield will do fine with Staten RB and Eric Johnson FB and I can even see AJ Johnson being used in the backfield some. Our WR corps should be good with Todd McGlothlin, AJ Johnson, DJ Flack, etc. We lose alot of experience on the lines like T Wade, J Hess, Hunter Brown, Jeremmy McGlothlin, etc but we normally do a good job of reloading on the Lines on both sides of the ball. Looking forward to football getting started!! :)

I agree with what you have said here. If you look back to when Devon went down last year these backs rolled on, they may not have been as flashy, but they got the job done. When it comes to this pair they offer Richlands a good mixture of speed and power. FB Johnson can get you them hard yards between the tackles, and Staten is a fast back, given the right seem and he can be explosive and give you that homerun threat, Frank Taylor provides good depth and should be able to play either spots should injuries come in to play. When it comes to AJ, well this kid has lots of talent and can play SE or RB on offense; he can be a game changer as long as he plays smart. They also have a few more good kids to play out on the perimeters. Tight end they have a couple of options, while in a single back set E. Johnson can play TE and gives them a good set of hands and he has the frame to make them tough catches over the middle. QB, Ben has potential, and with age and experience he should be solid, very smart kid and this year could be his year. A lot of questions about Michael Horton have been asked in reference to him taking some snaps at QB, well he may not have played it much on the HS level, but prior to HS Michael was a very good QB, the has a strong arm, tough as nails and can throw with accuracy. The biggest question I feel Richlands has this year on offense if the O Line, if they can put together a good group here I feel this offense can produce and put enough scores on the board to win majority if not all their regular season games this year and be very competitive in the playoffs.

Defense, I figure will be solid and possibly the backbone of this team this year. The better they play the better the offense will be because of their ability to grind the ball up and down the field and control the clock or go to the air and strike quick.

Special Teams should be good, their play as in the past will determine the success the O and D has.

I noticed no one has mentioned Virginia high yet. I think this is a team to take notice of in SWVA this year. They have 9 starters on offense returning according to last years roster and 7 on defense. Word around Bristol is coach Wheeler hasn't took one second off along with the team preparing for this year. They finished 5-5 during the regular season last year and a few of those games were lost on the last play or series. Not making no predictions of the upcoming season but I look for them to be very competitive in every game.

I noticed no one has mentioned Virginia high yet. I think this is a team to take notice of in SWVA this year. They have 9 starters on offense returning according to last years roster and 7 on defense. Word around Bristol is coach Wheeler hasn't took one second off along with the team preparing for this year. They finished 5-5 during the regular season last year and a few of those games were lost on the last play or series. Not making no predictions of the upcoming season but I look for them to be very competitive in every game.

I agree with you...Va High will be "one to watch" this year. I think they have a good season ahead of them based on last year.

Any word on what to expect from the Beavers this season?

I can't get a handle on them at this point. I think they definitely have potential with their QB having more experience, now. and with a running back like Leggett...you've got a chance against anybody. They lost a few key players.... can't wait to watch them scrimmage to see.

I can't get a handle on them at this point. I think they definitely have potential with their QB having more experience, now. and with a running back like Leggett...you've got a chance against anybody. They lost a few key players.... can't wait to watch them scrimmage to see.

Those two will definately be a force. I just wonder how the line will be this season. That will be the main question in my opinion. That is what killed them last season. Will be interesting to get a handle on how the line has progressed in the offseason in the scrimmages.