Tazewell vs. Richlands JV

GMan

Heard Richlands won 66-12...in the 4Q, mercy ruled at the request of the Tazewell coach...

Pretty incredible what that one extra year of 8th grade will do for kids...

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard Richlands won 66-12...in the 4Q, mercy ruled at the request of the Tazewell coach...

That happens everywhere. Not like it just happens at Richlands.

C'mon, you know it has nothing to do with sports. It's just to give kids an extra year of "maturity" so they'll do better academically in high school and eventually college.

That happens everywhere. Not like it just happens at Richlands.

Naw, just another of the bent rules no one one the western end of the county will enforce. Were used to it.

I know, Tazewell's team was a lot bigger than Richlands.

rules are the same for everyone...Aug. 1st you have to be 18 right? or did they change it? if so then i don't really see the big deal...you just have to hold them back in 7th grade now right?

Correct and correct.

if this stays true to form, i'm in a bit of a spot...i have two kids a year apart, one has a birthday on july 22 and the other is Aug 13th...so i'm split on the hold back situation.

rules are the same for everyone...Aug. 1st you have to be 18 right? or did they change it? if so then i don't really see the big deal...you just have to hold them back in 7th grade now right?

thats right you can not turn 19 before aug 1st

I didn't know Richlands had all 19 and 20 year olds playing against 15 and 16 year olds in the rest of the county and state. No wonder we win so often. Someone should make a rule against that. I guess Graham and Tazewell didnt get the memo on the perfectly legal age rules for VHSL sports.

Aw, just more crying ! Any athlete or team that wins a lot or dominates in their sport always has people that can't stand it and have to try to tear them down.

I guess they are just tired of getting beat by Richlands every year. It's easier to point a finger at somebody else to find something wrong then to look at yourself and find fault !

Some of you fans from other teams use to live in the glass house when you were winning a lot and had people throwing rocks in your direction. your programs were not as squeaky clean as you like to pretend ! Funny how loosing for a few years makes you forget that.

There is nothing illegal about it so quite crying and maybe do something about your own program to help them instead of always trying to find something wrong with someone else's !

Sorry about that rant, I haven't had one in a long while and figured it was my turn. besides, my monthly flow started today !

Edited by Bigrhsfan

Funny how Tazewells team had a big o-line, d-line and bigger d-backs than richlands and they couldn't stop the run and also how Tazewell probably had triple the numbers on the eighth grade team than we had and still lost by 40 points, and its not the coaches decision to hold the player back it the parents, if they need it do it, I remember playing Grundy in eighth grade and the half the players had full grown beards they creamed us in both games by like 40 points, our team was the group of seniors that played salem in 04 in the semifinals and I think we beat Grundy like 55-7 that year or something like that so you can't use the holdback's as an excuse.

Guest king kone
I didn't know Richlands had all 19 and 20 year olds playing against 15 and 16 year olds in the rest of the county and state. No wonder we win so often. Someone should make a rule against that. I guess Graham and Tazewell didnt get the memo on the perfectly legal age rules for VHSL sports.
Do wah wah?

Champ did you see all the catches that the Hall boy made with one hand? He looked like Austin Fuller. Unreal!!! Division 1 watch out Richlands is loaded for the next few years.

Guest king kone

8th grade won 42-14....guess they were all holdbacks also....my suggestion is if you want a better team get some better coaches and that CC offense that came to Tazewell that I watched the other night ain't gonna cut the mustard....when you looked down on the field before the game and saw the teams warming up you would swear the team in green was better....but once the game started that assumption ended....

8th grade won 42-14....guess they were all holdbacks also....my suggestion is if you want a better team get some better coaches and that CC offense that came to Tazewell that I watched the other night ain't gonna cut the mustard....when you looked down on the field before the game and saw the teams warming up you would swear the team in green was better....but once the game started that assumption ended....

i know for a fact the 4 years my son played at ghs the kids in middle school when he started at gms were the same group he grew up with and played little league with all the way thru high school they were all 17-18 their senior year.

Come on, GMan. You can't prove that.

It could just as easily be the three years of 2nd grade.

It happens EVERYWHERE.

Of all the athletes I've known from Graham, I can count exactly one that was held back from middle school onward, and it certainly wasn't for sports. The kid didn't even play football.

I can say with authority that in other places, it did happen, and was encouraged, even solely for the purpose of dominating middle school/JV football.

I know, Tazewell's team was a lot bigger than Richlands.

Funny how Tazewells team had a big o-line, d-line and bigger d-backs than richlands and they couldn't stop the run and also how

Funny. That's not what I was told by someone from Richlands who was at the game. He stated just the opposite that Richlands' kids were huge compared to the kids from Tazewell and HE is the one who stated what I posted in the original post about what a difference an extra year in 8th grade makes.

He too said Richlands would be loaded for the next several years...

It happens EVERYWHERE.

NO, it doesn't happen EVERYWHERE...only at schools where they feel the need to bend the rules to get an advantage on everyone else...

And it is encouraged at Richlands.

Come on, GMan. You can't prove that.

It could just as easily be the three years of 2nd grade.

C'mon, when I'm talking with parents who have kids at RMS and RHS and they are the ones telling me all the kids (by name, mind you) that were held back in 8th grade FOR SPORTS, not at any other reason, that's all the proof I need.

I have no reason to make this stuff up...I'm just the messenger...