Richlands @ Graham

Ryan4VT

Too early to start talking about it? Both teams are 2-0. Both have had a convincing win, and both have pulled out a squeaker. should be a great game, and when I release the picks for week 3, this is the GotW.

Happy discussions, everyone. Let's keep this above the belt ;-)

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope Richlands underestimates Graham. This G-Men team will knock the snot out of you. But, if Graham doesn't learn to cut down on the penalties they might be in for a long night. I could see them beating Richlands if they don't turn the ball over and don't have any penalties. Should be a fun game to watch.

I don't think you will have to worry about Richlands underestimating Graham ! And if both teams don't do a better job at eliminating penalties we very well could see a new VHSL record for one game !

Then you would break the record that was set in last nights game against Graham and Tazewell...

Guest king kone
Richlands Catholic vs Graham should be a heck of a game.
Yea....the GWomen are much improved....

I hope Richlands underestimates Graham. This G-Men team will knock the snot out of you. But, if Graham doesn't learn to cut down on the penalties they might be in for a long night. I could see them beating Richlands if they don't turn the ball over and don't have any penalties. Should be a fun game to watch.

I agree with this. Way too many penalties and turnovers in both games, so far. They have got to get a handle on that this week.

I like Richlands and Graham...but, it's hard not to pull for Graham in this one...Richlands has the streak going and when you are on top everyone puts the target on your back...Graham is riding the comeback story of the year for all it's worth...should be a good game.

Will be interesting to see how well Baker plays this week. After seeing comments made by Graham fans on this site, I would never have expected him to perform as well as he did last night. He was very good running with the ball and throws an extremely pretty pass........was 12 of 16 for well over 200 yards and no interceptions.

Richlands got the best of Graham the past 8 or 9 years and took over SWD play (of which Graham is no longer in) due to Graham's coaching change and a talent drop-off at Graham in roughly 2004-2005. The passing of Coach Carlock and the talent drop-off coupled with Doug Marrs taking over led to tough years at Graham. Richlands, had great talent coupled with a brilliant coach, and this led to domination of the district and all Region 4 and Region D foes other than a few wins here or there by Gate City.

Now...Graham has the players back out. The young frehsmen and sophomores dominated in their junior high years, the coach is a tough guy, a brilliant mind, solid program leader, and knows what it takes to be a winner. Because of the above things with Graham, the previous talent gap and the previous coaching gap has been largely closed when playing Richlands. Graham will play with Richlands in a hard fought contest and this will be a close game.

Next year, the talent gap/coaching gap is completely shut with Richlands. Next year, Graham will be favored to win the game before kick-off. That's how solid of a football team Graham will have next year, and really......year after year for many more years with the talent coming up and already there.

Alot of Confidence for a team that hasn't had a winning season since 2007. And as far as being favored to win as early as next year, might wanna start beating some good teams first. I guess a 5-6 record last year was a breakout, but every good team Graham played last year, pretty much blew Graham out. Nice win over Bluefield this year, but Bluefield is not a dominate team this year. And Tazewell is just plain terrible! Might be close next week, but i kinda doubt it.

Alot of Confidence for a team that hasn't had a winning season since 2007. And as far as being favored to win as early as next year, might wanna start beating some good teams first. I guess a 5-6 record last year was a breakout, but every good team Graham played last year, pretty much blew Graham out. Nice win over Bluefield this year, but Bluefield is not a dominate team this year. And Tazewell is just plain terrible! Might be close next week, but i kinda doubt it.

did you see the score of the blfd princeton game looks like beaver put some points on the board.

After watching Graham at the Concord scrimmage and then last night, I can tell you one thing for sure: Richlands better tighten up their chin straps because they will not get hit any harder the rest of the year.

I'm a Tazewell fan and the game was closer than the score leads you to believe. But I haven't seen hitting like that in a long while. It reminded me of Shane Wicks (sp?) and Cody Thomas. Graham will absolutely lay the wood to you.

how can you say graham will be favored next year and not this year before the game richlands is losing one lineman and two wr from the o this yr have 3 soph starting on the line so they will just stay the same all yr and not get any better from now to next yr i guess. also the game is a ernie next yr have 8 starters back on o at home yeah the blues will be picked to lose how high is that mt your on. not to mention this yr does not mean anything next yr will yeah gues we will fold to the pressure

how can you say graham will be favored next year and not this year before the game richlands is losing one lineman and two wr from the o this yr have 3 soph starting on the line so they will just stay the same all yr and not get any better from now to next yr i guess. also the game is a ernie next yr have 8 starters back on o at home yeah the blues will be picked to lose how high is that mt your on. not to mention this yr does not mean anything next yr will yeah gues we will fold to the pressure

probably what they are taking into count is graham is a team with more underclassmen juniors sophmores and freshman with 10 or 11 seniors i think not positive but close. they will be in the third year with new coach. just the improvement from last year to this is day and night. i remember a few years ago rhs was favored to win but ghs won the game. i would not be counting this team out this year, nest year or for several years to come. ask those from beaver and tazewell if this is the same team from last year. this bunch of kids hit and tackle much better than in past years. this game will not be a blow out i feel. but only time will tell. it is at mitchell this year. but you can continue to overlook this group of kids at ghs and hope rhs does the same but dont think they will.

Will be interesting to see how well Baker plays this week. After seeing comments made by Graham fans on this site, I would never have expected him to perform as well as he did last night. He was very good running with the ball and throws an extremely pretty pass........was 12 of 16 for well over 200 yards and no interceptions.

Yes it will. I want to see how he throws it while he's looking out his earhole. Nobody said he wasn't good,but he was a cancer on our team. For you he might be fine. Looking forward to seeing how he performs under some real pressure this week. He's been talking trash to our kids since June. Now its time to put up or shut up.

Yes it will. I want to see how he throws it while he's looking out his earhole. Nobody said he wasn't good,but he was a cancer on our team. For you he might be fine. Looking forward to seeing how he performs under some real pressure this week. He's been talking trash to our kids since June. Now its time to put up or shut up.

I think Gray had maybe just a bit of REAL PRESSURE last night. And as far as the trash talking goes, i bet you a Buffalo Nickle, the trash talking has been from both sides!

i never really considered Graham as a rivaly game. that was Tazewell for me. i you loose all the rest but beat Tazewell it was a good year...lol. However i respect Graham and think it will be a hard game to win. The blues are young and will get better each week. best of luck to both teams

All this trash talking by both sides doesn't mean a thing ! The only thing that matters is what the players and coaches do on the field of play !

It will be a hard hitting tough ballgame for both teams !

Don't make a mistake of thinking that Graham is going to be the only team that will bring the lumber. Richlands has a few guys that will rock you too. All you had to do was watch the game against Union ! That was one of the hardest hitting games ( for both sides ) I have seen in a couple of years, great old time SWVA football!

Both teams will be hitting hard and playing their hearts out, it should be a fun game to watch !

It's good to see Graham has found their coach and are on their way back and I wish them good luck and i hope they win many games this year.............just not this coming Friday !

Should be a blast and a great atmosphere !

Richlands Catholic doesn't recruit.lol

What I want to know is how you get all them Beavers to cross the line.

Friend use to tell me all the kids up there would get together in the summer months at the park and figure out who was going to have what and decide where to play when the season got there.

Do you think if we send some recruiters to the parks in the summer months we could find some good ones?

What I want to know is how you get all them Beavers to cross the line.

Friend use to tell me all the kids up there would get together in the summer months at the park and figure out who was going to have what and decide where to play when the season got there.

Do you think if we send some recruiters to the parks in the summer months we could find some good ones?

It was a rib, maybe that hit a little too close to home for you. I'm sure they all decided to come down here being it we were 5-6 last year.