Election Tracker:

Deleted Account

And on Friday's update, Florida is now 51-46 Romney. Florida becomes a Romney lock in my eyes.

VA's next on that list. VA's crossed the 50% threshold in VA. Another point or two, I'll move it.

However, Romney had some poor polling come from NV (Obama 50-47). Obama still leads by 1 in OH, CO, and NH, and 2 in IA and WI.

Edited by UVAObserver

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to agree with you redtiger... think what Biden was hoping to accomplish was fire up the democratic base...because of the presidents awful performance earlier....but it may have hurt Biden with independants as he came across as a bully ...

I think Biden looks bad but its part of the Democratic strategy. Obama can look respectable and Biden can do the attacking. Makes sense but makes Biden look terrible, doesent reflect too well on Obama either

The point was to put up the immage that the Democrats wont be pushed around but instead it makes them look like the aggressors

HUGE swing in Colorado in the last week. Went from O +1% to R +4%.

Iowa, likewise, has went from O +2% to a dead heat.

I think a recap is prudent here, just 2 weeks out:

Additions to "lock" status: Obama-none, Romney-Florida

Lock tally: Obama-237, Romney-235

Swing States: 2 weeks ago:

Colorado (O +1%)

Iowa (O +2%)

Nevada (even)

New Hampshire (R +3%)

Ohio (O +1%)

Virginia (R +1%)

Wisconsin (O +3%)

Swing States TODAY: (bolded means a flip from one side to another)

Colorado (R +4%)

Iowa (even)

Nevada (O +3%)

New Hampshire (O +1%)

Ohio (O +1%)

Virginia (R +3%)

Wisconsin (O +2%)

As we recall, the total toss-up votes were:

Colorado (9)

Iowa (6)

Nevada (6)

New Hampshire (4)

Ohio (18)

Virginia (13)

Wisconsin (10)

Ohio's still awfully important. If Obama wins Ohio, he's at 255. That means that he needs 15 more votes for a majority. As we see above, Obama leads in NV, NH, and WI. Assume, for a minute, that Romney carries VA, CO, and IA. But...Nevada has the highest unemployment percentage in the nation at 13.5%. If Romney were to make a late push, that would leave Wisconsin and New Hampshire. Which would result in the dreaded 269-269 tie.

The updates yesterday did the following:

(1) Flip NH back to Romney +2%

(2) Push NV back with Obama +2%

(3) Make me dangerously close to putting MN as a toss-up (Obama +5%)

(4) Put OH at even for the first time.

OH is big, big, big. It is interesting to note, though, that Obama is strongly ahead among early voters in OH.

Romney FINALLY overtakes Obama in OH:

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2012/election_2012_presidential_election/ohio/election_2012_ohio_president

The data is still concerning that early voting is coming back favorably for Obama, but this is a first: Romney leading OH. Expect many, many, many articles from CNN about how Obama leads OH.

Romney FINALLY overtakes Obama in OH:

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2012/election_2012_presidential_election/ohio/election_2012_ohio_president

The data is still concerning that early voting is coming back favorably for Obama, but this is a first: Romney leading OH. Expect many, many, many articles from CNN about how Obama leads OH.

Where are you getting the data that early voting in Ohio is favoring Obama...sites I have checked have not released which way the early votes have favored..the sites do show percents of county early voting but not whether for Romney or Obama... Nevada early voting is different which shows what party votes totals are...

What. To see who members of swvasports.com will vote for? That's about as useful as a thread started by Southbound or Falconman.

Not suppose to be useful. Just for fun. If you look though Lance has posted one with a different twist.

Where are you getting the data that early voting in Ohio is favoring Obama...sites I have checked have not released which way the early votes have favored..the sites do show percents of county early voting but not whether for Romney or Obama... Nevada early voting is different which shows what party votes totals are...

Going on a week-old Rasmussen report, which may be in need of some tweaking now as we're just 5 days out.

Going on a week-old Rasmussen report, which may be in need of some tweaking now as we're just 5 days out.

Rasmussen just posted that Romney takes the lead in the state of Iowa...49-48 %I believe.... NPR has Romney recieving 51 to 39 % of Independants polled..called the ''Hidden Vote''.

Rasmussen just posted that Romney takes the lead in the state of Iowa...49-48 %I believe.... NPR has Romney recieving 51 to 39 % of Independants polled..called the ''Hidden Vote''.

That's great news! The trend for the last 4 weeks has been for undecideds to shift to Romney, and that's what we're seeing here. One small note, the sample size for the Iowa sample was larger than the previous samples.

And this is the blurb I'm referring to:

"Nearly one-in-three Ohio voters (32%) have already cast their ballots. Obama leads 62% to 36% among these voters. Romney has a large lead among those who still plan to vote.": http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2012/election_2012_presidential_election/ohio/election_2012_ohio_president

Just one day out, and there's still not a lot of moving and shaking.

Overall, Obama and Romney are deadlocked at 49%.

Ohio is deadlocked at 49-49.

Wisconsin is deadlocked at 49-49.

Those two states are the key. If Romney wins OH, with wins in VA and FL, he'll need one of the following states: NH (up 2 and at 50%), CO (up 3 and at 50%), IA (up 1), or NV (down 2). If Romney loses OH, he MUST take Wisconsin or else sweep all the other toss-ups (including what would be considered an upset in NV).

Just one day out, and there's still not a lot of moving and shaking.

Overall, Obama and Romney are deadlocked at 49%.

Ohio is deadlocked at 49-49.

Wisconsin is deadlocked at 49-49.

Those two states are the key. If Romney wins OH, with wins in VA and FL, he'll need one of the following states: NH (up 2 and at 50%), CO (up 3 and at 50%), IA (up 1), or NV (down 2). If Romney loses OH, he MUST take Wisconsin or else sweep all the other toss-ups (including what would be considered an upset in NV).

Ohio will be quite interesting ...Hamilton County ,where Cincinatti is I believe went for Bush in 04 then to Obama in 08 ...needs to go to Romney this time..Independants are leaning toward Romney... Who gets the voters to turn out will be key..

I believe PA could be as close or closer than Ohio. Romney has about as good a chance there- based on some of the better polls. Mining is more significant to the PA economy.

PA would've gone Romney this time if Tom Corbett weren't driving the state into the ground. Corbett was the Republican governor elected in the anti-Obama referendum of 2010, and he set some kind of national record in making the entire state hate him.

To his credit, he made a balanced budget. To his discredit, he cut from places like education, which was the only state-funded program that wasn't in the red, and he did it so badly that most school districts in PA don't even have kindergarten anymore. Of course, in liberal strongholds like Philadelphia County, this is a disastrous proposition. To compound the problems, he didn't close obvious money-hemorrhaging loopholes in PA law, of which there are legion.

Plus, Corbett launched the grand jury investigation that netted Sandusky. Take that as you will.

Romney will probably lose Philadelphia County by something like a 80-20 margin, where he really needed something in the neighborhood of 65-35 to have a chance. It doesn't matter if the rest of the state separate from Philly would go Romney. Gotta do well in Philadelphia County.