graham grayson game sat

ghs73

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah, misread the title at first, but now saw the game's saturday. Why is it saturday and not Friday night?

bluefield plays at mitchell on friday night and when that happens graham plays on sat if they are home also.

bluefield plays at mitchell on friday night and when that happens graham plays on sat if they are home also.

Ah yeah, I've wondered about that. I just thought if one team is at home, the other is away and they just schedule it like that...

Ah yeah, I've wondered about that. I just thought if one team is at home, the other is away and they just schedule it like that...

not always it seems like every year there is a friday that both graham and bluefield are home and it has always been graham then plays on sat.

not always it seems like every year there is a friday that both graham and bluefield are home and it has always been graham then plays on sat.

Personally, I like the saturday games....sort of a playoff atmosphere in the middle of the season. This will be a hotly contested game, both teams are coming in with playoff aspirations and aspirations for the District title.... I can't wait.

I agree with the earlier poster who said the Marion game was good for Graham. I think it was a wake up call...Graham played very sloppy for 3 quarters and then stepped it up when they had to and beat a very solid team, coming from behind, in the 4th quarter. Princeton was a stiff challenge as well, especially with Tahj Johnson back for the Tigers... Graham will not face another athlete like Johnson for the remainder of the season. Grayson has a couple of solid players and Galax still has Peoples, I believe...but nobody with that sort of explosiveness.

I think the MED is strong, but Graham won't see anybody with better athletes than Bluefield's Edwards and Leggett or Princeton's Palmer and Johnson. If they can contain those guys, I think they've got a good shot at anybody they have for the remainder of the season.

I'll say Graham comes to play in front of the home crowd.....and has something to prove to the MED.

Graham 34

Grayson 20

Edited by futbolking

The MED has four teams at the 4-1 mark. This includes Graham, Grayson County, Fort Chiswell, and Galax. Nothing to sneeze at here and we can all be proud of that! Graham, by far, has concluded the toughest non-district schedule of them all. This is where I am hoping that the G-Men will have the edge. The next few weeks should be an exciting, and very interesting, elimination round for the championship of the good ol' MED! Who will be the last one standing? I have to go with the Virginia side boys from Graham!

I think the MED is strong, but Graham won't see anybody with better athletes than Bluefield's Edwards and Leggett or Princeton's Palmer and Johnson. If they can contain those guys, I think they've got a good shot at anybody they have for the remainder of the season.

I think they saw some good athletes when they played the Blues with the score being indicative of that.

Life has many choices---eternity two

Richlands was a good team all the way around. Good size, good toughness, but the poster is correct in his assesments of Edwards, Leggett, Palmer, and most certainly, Johnson.

Richlands was a good team all the way around. Good size, good toughness, but the poster is correct in his assesments of Edwards, Leggett, Palmer, and most certainly, Johnson.

Not disagreeing with his assessment of those players--just adding Richlands athletes in the mix--

Not disagreeing with his assessment of those players--just adding Richlands athletes in the mix--

I would put Johnson up there with them....Richlands certainly is the best "team" that Graham has faced....but Leggett, Edwards, Johnson and Palmer have speed to burn.... I don't think Grayson will be as good as Richlands...and I don't think they'll have any better athletes than the ones that Graham has already faced... I like Graham's chances in this one.

I would put Johnson up there with them....Richlands certainly is the best "team" that Graham has faced....but Leggett, Edwards, Johnson and Palmer have speed to burn.... I don't think Grayson will be as good as Richlands...and I don't think they'll have any better athletes than the ones that Graham has already faced... I like Graham's chances in this one.

Best to the G-Men the rest of the season--and post season play!!

I sure hope the G Men win this one. Like i said after we played them; we were surprised! I love there fearless attitude jumping around showing some spirit after a good hit or play. Just a different team than the last several years. If they come out fired up and ready i personally think they will win this one. In front of a home crowd I am sure they will be ready to play.

I will be there to cheer the G Men on along with several of our players.

GO G MEN!.

Best to the G-Men the rest of the season--and post season play!!

and best of luck to Richlands and Bluefield. I hope all 3 of these teams represent our area well the rest of the way.

I sure hope the G Men win this one. Like i said after we played them; we were surprised! I love there fearless attitude jumping around showing some spirit after a good hit or play. Just a different team than the last several years. If they come out fired up and ready i personally think they will win this one. In front of a home crowd I am sure they will be ready to play.

I will be there to cheer the G Men on along with several of our players.

GO G MEN!.

Awesome... I've made the trip to Richlands to support RHS in the playoffs the past few seasons...made the trip to Lynchburg a couple of seasons ago. I think we all rally around the local teams when the playoffs get here...and when we're not playing each other.