richlands vs cave spring

ba961

Blues will be ready, no let down or takeing this game lightly. Hunsaker will take care of the receiver duties well. Blues win this one at Ernie. AJ got a raw deal but it is one of those cases that your reputation causes you problems down the road[/quote You must pay for mistakes ,and AJ made one.Don't mean it to sound bad HB.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this one don't fall on the players. the coaching staff was so scared because one player was suppened that they did not let the team play and changed the offensive game plan. I seen the it was over after the first couple series of downs. Great coaches adapt in big games and we seem to fall short when the rubber meets the road. no disrespect to the RHS coaches but i seen it too many times. they can't make adjustments. if the game plan don't work then we lose. That is the case friday night and when they decided to make adjustments it was way too late,

this one don't fall on the players. the coaching staff was so scared because one player was suppened that they did not let the team play and changed the offensive game plan. I seen the it was over after the first couple series of downs. Great coaches adapt in big games and we seem to fall short when the rubber meets the road. no disrespect to the RHS coaches but i seen it too many times. they can't make adjustments. if the game plan don't work then we lose. That is the case friday night and when they decided to make adjustments it was way too late,

Cave knows our pass game and can defend it better than anyone. And from what I heard most fans were wanting to see us power up for this game. With or without #8 it would not have mattered.

The facts are this years Blues just didn't have the talent nor the depth that they have had in the past. They won nine games and nine straight district titles on a bunch of cupcakes, it hurts them every year. I think they were fortunate to have the season they had. As for the coaching, the lack of discipline and failure to make adjustments or proper preparations will always be their Achilles heel. On a positive note, I am glad that I don't have to travel to Brookeville for a real beat down. Good luck to all SWVA teams going forward. Blues, get to work!!!

As far as I'm concerned Greg Mance needs to start packing.

Do the rest of us who aren't fair weather fans a favor, and take your bandwagon attitude and stick it where the sun don't shine. REAL blues fans and alum don't need you. Greg Mance is an outstanding coach, and the Blues coaching staff has done a remarkable job for many years. You both are pathetic sore losers.

As this program continues to decline in the next few years those of you who are offended will join the BAND WAGON. Sorry to bust your bubble but there are many in the stands who are loyal fans who feel the same as I do. By the way , I havent missed a game in 21 years so take that and shove it.

As this program continues to decline in the next few years those of you who are offended will join the BAND WAGON. Sorry to bust your bubble but there are many in the stands who are loyal fans who feel the same as I do. By the way , I havent missed a game in 21 years so take that and shove it.

Ask Tazewell how that kind of meddling attitude by "the coaches in the stands" created a toxic atmosphere for that program. How has that worked out for them? Is that where you want to be? And now that the Tazewell people have decided to back their coach, Tazewell is beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Your lack of appreciation for what coach Mance and his staff have done for Richlands football is offensive to me, and I'm sure you and your fellow "coaches in the stands" have gotten so spoiled by success that you fail to have the appropriate appreciation for what coach Mance and his staff have done. There is no more successful football program in the area than the Greg Mance coached Richlands Blue Tornado. No coaching staff works harder. You are an ungrateful, spoiled "supporter" (I use that term loosely) who needs to shut his mouth and appreciate what coach Mance and his staff have done.

Edited by blueinbama

I did not say i did not appreciate the coaches and that they are not good. They are some of the best high school coaches in Virginia. On this night they were out coached.

With the starting quarterback out for the year, the leading receiver and defensive back suspended, etc. etc., the coaches had to make adjustments even before the game began. Richlands was out manned, plain and simple. We played a team that was better than us, and they wore us out. If Baker had been healthy and A J had played, we would have had a better chance. There is no one to blame for that (ok, maybe A J could have exercised better discretion, but that wasn't the coach's fault). The players played their hearts out and the coaches kept us in the game as long as they could. Vince Lombardi could have been coaching the Blues Friday night and Cave Spring still would have won.

I'm glad to hear you appreciate the coaches, because NINE STRAIGHT DISTRICT TITLES is something to be very proud of. Anyone who suggests coach Mance or any of these coaches needs to go is totally clueless, and to me obviously has a hidden agenda, and it really pi$$es me off to read such nonsense. Sorry for the rant, but sometimes just shaking my head at the stupidity just doesn't seem to be enough.

Edited by blueinbama

I've said it for 3 years now...CS has too much speed for Richlands. They send their skill position kids to speed school in Roanoke and they reap the benefits of it. They play other schools in that area that do the same thing, but the difference in that part of the state and our part of the state is speed.

We get a team that can comepete with that every now and then like Clintwood the past two years...it remains to be seen how well Clintwood will do this year, but last year they were lucky and won...they had just enough speed and power to win it all...and what they lacked in speed they made up for in power....Richlands just doesn't have that right now.

In fact, without the McGlothlin kid, it would have been interesting to see what the Blues would have done this year...having a big physical WR like that is a huge plus...I don't know if they have anyone else who could give them what he has to offer.

Richlands is still way ahead of the curve for teams around here, but the years of speed conditioning from the other part of the state has passed them by. Until you solve that, don't expect to go very far in the playoffs when you have to match up with teams from that area...just not going to happen...well, unless you have the power game that can make up for a lack of real speed.

I just wanted to start an intelligent discussion on a matter that needs to be addressed. Obviously that is above those who have a juvenile idol worship complex of Coach Mance and staff.Yes , this staff is the elite of the coalfield area(wow that is impressive) but is consistently Out Smarted north of Wytheville. Too bad for us that in order to compete on a state level we have to compete against teams and staff that are intellectually superior to our staff. I guess Virginia really does end at Roanoke. As this will be my final post (I don't debate with idiots) I would like to issue this challenge to Mance and the other coaches: In the next few years make it back to the state finals. Prove me wrong.

I've said it for 3 years now...CS has too much speed for Richlands. They send their skill position kids to speed school in Roanoke and they reap the benefits of it. They play other schools in that area that do the same thing, but the difference in that part of the state and our part of the state is speed.

We get a team that can comepete with that every now and then like Clintwood the past two years...it remains to be seen how well Clintwood will do this year, but last year they were lucky and won...they had just enough speed and power to win it all...and what they lacked in speed they made up for in power....Richlands just doesn't have that right now.

In fact, without the McGlothlin kid, it would have been interesting to see what the Blues would have done this year...having a big physical WR like that is a huge plus...I don't know if they have anyone else who could give them what he has to offer.

Richlands is still way ahead of the curve for teams around here, but the years of speed conditioning from the other part of the state has passed them by. Until you solve that, don't expect to go very far in the playoffs when you have to match up with teams from that area...just not going to happen...well, unless you have the power game that can make up for a lack of real speed.

^^^^^^^THIS! I went to the game and would not have helped if Urban Meyer,Les Miles, or Nick Sabon was on the sideline. Cave Spring was faster,stronger,and just a better team. Coaches can't X&O kids and make them win when they are not on equal ground. Richlands is a good program- great coaches,great kids,great fans,and great community support. SWVA is just a notch below teams from that part of the state because of the reasons Lance stated.

Lance played against you guys and Hurley did too back in the mid-90's and you guys have NEVER had a program as strong as is now. If you guys want to go back to 4-6 & 5-5 records by all means go ahead, run your mouth about your coaches,and cause your coach to leave. Mance has a resume to coach ANYWHERE and you guys can be the Lee High of Tazewell County.

I just wanted to start an intelligent discussion on a matter that needs to be addressed. Obviously that is above those who have a juvenile idol worship complex of Coach Mance and staff.Yes , this staff is the elite of the coalfield area(wow that is impressive) but is consistently Out Smarted north of Wytheville. Too bad for us that in order to compete on a state level we have to compete against teams and staff that are intellectually superior to our staff. I guess Virginia really does end at Roanoke. As this will be my final post (I don't debate with idiots) I would like to issue this challenge to Mance and the other coaches: In the next few years make it back to the state finals. Prove me wrong.

LOL! You didn't want to start an intelligent discussion about anything. You're a punk bleacher coaching know-it-all who wanted to start some $hit about coach Mance, and no spinning you can do will change that fact. You need to shut up. You post something like this and have the nerve to call someone else an idiot? I have never met coach Mance. I don't have to. His record speaks for itself. And if you want to stop commenting, don't use a cowardly cop out like that. If you're not up to it and can't hold up your end of the discussion without crying like a two-year-old, just quit. That's typically what bleacher coaches do.

Edited by blueinbama

Give credit where credit is due. The biggest thing that has happen to Richlands the last few years is Cave Springs has turned their program around. Before Cave regions was pretty much SW VA teams. Cave has took alot of what made Richlands very good and used it to make theirself very good. They build a solid passing game to go with their run. While doing that they build a very good pass defense.

Add to that they have bigger pool to pull from better demographics and as Lance is pointing at they have found another edge in developing the speed they have.

And anybody that is watching close knows all SW VA teams, Richlands included are shrinking so much so that many teams have already dropped in division size and then the change coming next year.

These coaches in the last ten years have created something never seen before in Richlands. If one can't see that they are blind.

Any Richlands fan that thinks Mance should go, you obviously know nothing about football. Show me another AA team in this area that has gone 101-16 in the last 9 years? And by my math, we are 15-8 against teams from The Pulaski/Roanoke/Lynchburg area since 2004.

Competition is alot tougher in those areas, they play strong teams most every week, and it does help come playoff time. We got beat by a better team Friday, it's that simple. Yea if our QB hadn't got hurt earlier in the year, and if we had a certain WR/DB/return man that didn't lose his cool 2 weeks ago, maybe it would have been different, but injuries happens to everybody.

Run Mance off? LOL, Idiots.

Please tell us the adjustments you would have made.

Any Richlands fan that thinks Mance should go, you obviously know nothing about football. Show me another AA team in this area that has gone 101-16 in the last 9 years? And by my math, we are 15-8 against teams from The Pulaski/Roanoke/Lynchburg area since 2004.

Competition is alot tougher in those areas, they play strong teams most every week, and it does help come playoff time. We got beat by a better team Friday, it's that simple. Yea if our QB hadn't got hurt earlier in the year, and if we had a certain WR/DB/return man that didn't lose his cool 2 weeks ago, maybe it would have been different, but injuries happens to everybody.

^^^^THIS^^^^^^^

Stats for Tornado Cat:

10 games per year (assuming you attended away games as well)

x 2 approximate hours per game

________

20 hours per year attending

x21 years of attendance

_________

420 hours you have attended Blues games (12 years enjoyed????---9 years endured hmmm)

Coach Mance and staff from July through December probably averaging 30 hrs per week for conditioning, practice, studying game films, scouting, 7 on 7's, scrimmages--

Is your quest for you and your cohorts to get rid of Coach Mance only, or clean house entirely of the coaching staff? If only Coach Mance, I question your motives--

I had a former pastor who use to say, a person with an opinion cannot stand against a person with an experience. Opinions vary, ebb and flow like the ocean; experience can not be changed, no matter the loudness of the dissenters and naysayers.

Stats for Coach Mance and Staff:

9 straight SWD championships

101-16 record

Life has many choices---eternity two

Edited by tbgfan

This. This. This. This. This.

All Mance has done is make is the ENVY of every program around here. There are teams that would like to go .500 every year, we go .900 and .1000 consistently. Don't complain. Don't bitch. Be THANKFUL for all that we have.