2013 Richlands Blue Tornado

rvtne216

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Southwest District - Richlands, Tazewell, Lebanon, Abingdon, Virginia High.

Was the VHS move ever finalized?

Giles, Grayson County, Gretna, Dan River, Wilson Memorial, Riverheads, Fort Chiswell, Floyd County, Stuarts Draft, Union....and several more will make that "smooth sailing" a bit difficult if you ask me...

Fort Chiswell will be D1 next year (or I guess just single A as it'll be known), so Richlands won't see them in the playoffs. Not sure how many other teams dropped. I know Essex from the Eastern Section also dropped to D1.

no kidding here, but will Richlands have any transfers coming in for next year that weren't in the system for last year?

I'm not trying to be a wise ass here either...so don't take it that way.

I think if they have even one or two kids come in at skill positions they could be better than last years team...they seemed to have a lot of internal struggle going on last year...I'm guessing that has probably worked itself out at this point.

no kidding here, but will Richlands have any transfers coming in for next year that weren't in the system for last year?

I'm not trying to be a wise ass here either...so don't take it that way.

I think if they have even one or two kids come in at skill positions they could be better than last years team...they seemed to have a lot of internal struggle going on last year...I'm guessing that has probably worked itself out at this point.

Haven't heard of any and hope Richlands doesn't have any. If Richlands OL improves, could have a great year. Staten will get yards regardless. I think Richlands MO will need to change next season in order to be successful. They will need to pound it more and air it out less. Staten should open the play action game up. If Baker is healthy, the PA could be lethal.

Not always the best indicator of future varsity seasons. Kids quit, others get better. Overall, Richlands has had very few outstanding 8th grade teams. However, Graham's program is on the upswing. But, it has more to do with what Williams is doing at that level than the success of the 8th grade program. Not many varsity coaches anywhere get shook up about playing a group of kids simply because they "haven't lost a middle school game in something like 3 years..." Not trying to be sarcastic, merely making a point.

To deny there's at least a correllation would be silly.

In my day, the three best teams Graham played were, in order: Grundy, Radford, Richlands. Graham lost both games to Grundy both years (a few particular players were held back, which I know for a fact), and lost to Richlands by 1 point my 7th grade year. The next closest game was to Radford, a 14-12 Graham win.

That's pretty much a list of "who's who" in early 2000s SWVA football.

Not causation, but correllation, definitely.

To deny there's at least a correllation would be silly.

In my day, the three best teams Graham played were, in order: Grundy, Radford, Richlands. Graham lost both games to Grundy both years (a few particular players were held back, which I know for a fact), and lost to Richlands by 1 point my 7th grade year. The next closest game was to Radford, a 14-12 Graham win.

That's pretty much a list of "who's who" in early 2000s SWVA football.

Not causation, but correllation, definitely.

The 8th grade teams for the seniors on the eventual 2005 state runner up Richlands team and the 2006 state championship team didn't even win half their games...

The 8th grade teams for the seniors on the eventual 2005 state runner up Richlands team and the 2006 state championship team didn't even win half their games...

That's because they were playing against actual 8th graders. When they were "seniors", they were really "freshmen in college" age wise playing against high school kids. That "redshirt freshman" year...the one spent in 8th grade, again...really makes a difference.

That's because they were playing against actual 8th graders. When they were "seniors", they were really "freshmen in college" age wise playing against high school kids. That "redshirt freshman" year...the one spent in 8th grade, again...really makes a difference.

Richlands only had two holdbacks combined on those two teams and I know at least one of them was not held back for sports related reasons.

Richlands only had two holdbacks combined on those teams. I don't follow your logic on this one as I would think holdbacks would make 8th grade teams stronger, not weaker. I recall that Grundy's eighth grade teams used to have several holdbacks and were usually pretty good.

Edited by parsons

gman has the loghic of a butt-hole who hates Richlands and gives us a shot every chance he gets.

logic

I also have a nice big hammer and I'm not afraid to use it either...:D

The truth is the truth and the truth is gman don't like Richlands. Tell me otherwise, gman.

I've got nothing against Richlands but I do have issues with some of their fans and how they "cheat" the system to gain athletic advantage on the football field.

If you think about it, Richlands has never won anything playing by the rules...

I've got nothing against Richlands but I do have issues with some of their fans and how they "cheat" the system to gain athletic advantage on the football field.

I know its been a few years but I can't remember how they cheated in 06.

bahahahahahah......pause.....bahahahhahaha..

Awesomeness.

Richlands don't cheat. They take advantage of the rules, they are usally better coached and better atheleticly is how they win. You are concerned about holdovers in the eigth grade. All schools do that (a lot more than Richlands).

Yes, one more from Graham an 8th grader I think. Also a kid from Florida.

Way to early to talk about all this but it is good to know that all of you are still interested about the Blues. Right now I am more concerned about my U. K. Wildcats, but as all Blues fans I would like to add my two cents. Wtih all the restructuring that is taking place 2013 will be interesting. Union, Gate City, VA High Graham and Tazewell will be tough games. To early to say what the outcome will be, but naturally I will say that the Blues win. The Beaver team will be loaded, but not unbeatable. I look for that to be the best team the Blues will play.

As for transfers, I don't care for it, but see nothing against it, all players and parents make those choices, no one is forced to transfer. Now as to what I have heard is 1 from Florida, 1 from Oklahoma, 1 from G-man territory, and 1 from Princeton along with 2 from riverview, and oh yeah there is this Lewis guy retiring from Baltimore who wants to go back and finish his high school at R.H.S. and if records are right he still has 2 years elgibility for high school football.

All that sounds about right, except fo the fact that superman, spiderman, and the hulk are also transfering to good ol' R.H.S.

I know you guys like to get on here and put the Blues down for all the transfers, but come on get a grip its just a game.

Way to early to talk about all this but it is good to know that all of you are still interested about the Blues. Right now I am more concerned about my U. K. Wildcats, but as all Blues fans I would like to add my two cents. Wtih all the restructuring that is taking place 2013 will be interesting. Union, Gate City, VA High Graham and Tazewell will be tough games. To early to say what the outcome will be, but naturally I will say that the Blues win. The Beaver team will be loaded, but not unbeatable. I look for that to be the best team the Blues will play.

As for transfers, I don't care for it, but see nothing against it, all players and parents make those choices, no one is forced to transfer. Now as to what I have heard is 1 from Florida, 1 from Oklahoma, 1 from G-man territory, and 1 from Princeton along with 2 from riverview, and oh yeah there is this Lewis guy retiring from Baltimore who wants to go back and finish his high school at R.H.S. and if records are right he still has 2 years elgibility for high school football.

All that sounds about right, except fo the fact that superman, spiderman, and the hulk are also transfering to good ol' R.H.S.

I know you guys like to get on here and put the Blues down for all the transfers, but come on get a grip its just a game.

i already said i wasn't putting them down when i asked about transfers...its a legit question. You could ask the same for any school, but Richlands always has a few and they are usually good players...I think if they can fill a couple of spots that are gone from last year they are going to be right back in the mix for State again as usual.

IMO if they can fill in a good RB, WR, and LB they are going to be hard to beat...I think they are still pretty solid everywhere else.

It's no secret that you have a lot of kids in this area who want to go play ball for the Blues if they are good enough, and you can't blame them for that...you pretty much know you are going to the playoffs every year unless things change.

it is what it is...it's a legit question...no need to get sensitive about it.