2013 Richlands Blue Tornado

rvtne216

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What happen "G" some of your players move back to Bluefield?

Not as much incentive for Graham players to quit or move away anymore.... Graham fixed that problem....and are returning to their winning ways.

In fact, if I was a Bluefield (or any other) kid and had the opportunity to go to a great school like GHS, I would jump at the opportunity, as long as it was done "legally"... key word there "legally"... That is according to VHSL rules, actually moving, with a parent to Bluefield, VA

Some people play by the rules, some people get around the rules...

My point is exactly what Lance said, "all schools do it" but some make it seem like a crime against nature if the Blues do it. I have to retract my statement about being to early to talk about it, and say that Parsons is right, I remember talking about the Blues around our Christmas dinner table, and in fact the very conversation was about transfers.

I think it does get a much to much when we see it every year, and the hometown players who work so hard to be on the team have to see some of the fans more interested in transfers than just building a good team with the hometowners. Could cause a lot of talented players to think they have no chance to play because a transfer gets the position, and I do think that Coach Mance has worked well in that situation, but too many tranfers can upset the apple cart.

The Blues will be alright due to the program that has been built over the past 10 or so years, and the talent just keeps coming with a great feeder program.

Eventhough I may seem a bit sarcastic towards some on here, i do really enjoy reading everyone's post, so yes, please keep it coming.

My point is exactly what Lance said, "all schools do it" but some make it seem like a crime against nature if the Blues do it. I have to retract my statement about being to early to talk about it, and say that Parsons is right, I remember talking about the Blues around our Christmas dinner table, and in fact the very conversation was about transfers.

I think it does get a much to much when we see it every year, and the hometown players who work so hard to be on the team have to see some of the fans more interested in transfers than just building a good team with the hometowners. Could cause a lot of talented players to think they have no chance to play because a transfer gets the position, and I do think that Coach Mance has worked well in that situation, but too many tranfers can upset the apple cart.

The Blues will be alright due to the program that has been built over the past 10 or so years, and the talent just keeps coming with a great feeder program.

Eventhough I may seem a bit sarcastic towards some on here, i do really enjoy reading everyone's post, so yes, please keep it coming.

please let us know how here in marion we need a few transfers

That's because they were playing against actual 8th graders. When they were "seniors", they were really "freshmen in college" age wise playing against high school kids. That "redshirt freshman" year...the one spent in 8th grade, again...really makes a difference.

If I'm not mistaking Grahams best defensive player "Cook" number 11 held back in 8th grade. And they had two transfers come last season as well. You act like Richlands is the only team doing it.

If I'm not mistaking Grahams best defensive player "Cook" number 11 held back in 8th grade. And they had two transfers come last season as well. You act like Richlands is the only team doing it.

This is like Lindsay Lohan seeing Dakota Fanning sipping champagne on New Year's Eve and saying "SEE!! SEE!! I'M NOT THE ONLY PERSON WHO'S DONE IT!!"

FWIW, my original reference in this practice was to the late-90s/early-00s Grundy teams.

As a Richlands fan I'm happy when people are crying and haten on us, because that means we are still kickin their butts. I can remember years ago when Graham was beating us with alot of West Virginia players, it's funny how the tables turn sometimes.

As a Richlands fan I'm happy when people are crying and haten on us, because that means we are still kickin their butts. I can remember years ago when Graham was beating us with alot of West Virginia players, it's funny how the tables turn sometimes.

Aman +1

• 4 weeks later...

I hear that Richlands is being sponsored by Under Armour this year. Does anyone know what they are receiving? Uniforms, shirts, etc..... . I had heard uniforms with blue and white digital camo up and down their sides.

I hear that Richlands is being sponsored by Under Armour this year. Does anyone know what they are receiving? Uniforms, shirts, etc..... . I had heard uniforms with blue and white digital camo up and down their sides.

Quite a shift from the Nikes I heard. Don't yet know the validity of it yet. I'll find out.

Yes Im still around and find Gman accusations childish as usual, Richlands is closely watched for everything they do. Cheating, I doubt it , stop crying, Graham was a powerhouse for the longest time and give credit to Coach, Richlands program has grown and thats due to Coach Mance. Who will be next time will tell, but we all know whoever is on top has the bullseye on their back, especially by those with nothing inteligent to say, just saying.

My honest opinion, is that Richlands will have a solid team this coming fall, but they shouldn't count chickens yet, because there are a TON of quality D-2 teams out there...and I expect it to be a crap shoot...with about a dozen teams with potential to win it all...

Yes Im still around and find Gman accusations childish as usual, Richlands is closely watched for everything they do. Cheating, I doubt it , stop crying, Graham was a powerhouse for the longest time and give credit to Coach, Richlands program has grown and thats due to Coach Mance. Who will be next time will tell, but we all know whoever is on top has the bullseye on their back, especially by those with nothing inteligent to say, just saying.

that might bring out the hammer

that might bring out the hammer

Nah, Cola can cry about it just like the rest of them do.

I've always been told that the truth hurts...obviously, this truth hurt a bunch of them...

Cola dont cry, heck Im living in Tennessee, but I know as long as Mance is coaching Richlands, there will be crying in SW Virginia. But I had hoped Gman would have grown through the years, Guess not! Any how I sure have missed SWVA Football and the crowds.

Just heard a good story from a student thats playing football for Tazewell. He tells me that he and his mother had went to the Doctor yesterday (in the Graham area). The Doc tells the boy how his son and Bradshaw had run around together in high school and that he was a big supporter of Graham football. Then the student said the Doc told him and his mother that if he would come and play ball for Graham that he would give his mom a job and help find his father one to.

Just heard a good story from a student thats playing football for Tazewell. He tells me that he and his mother had went to the Doctor yesterday (in the Graham area). The Doc tells the boy how his son and Bradshaw had run around together in high school and that he was a big supporter of Graham football. Then the student said the Doc told him and his mother that if he would come and play ball for Graham that he would give his mom a job and help find his father one to.

Seems legit. I was going to have a snarky reply, but GMan below has a point...

Edited by UVAObserver