2013 Richlands Blue Tornado

rvtne216

I might have heard wrong but they went 1-3 in pool play to be seeded for the tournament then went on the run to make it to the championship game. Even in the championship game i was told they had a chance to win but the ball was overthrown to Ben Brown. This is coming from one of the varsity coaches. He did say that Ben Brown had a great day playing at receiver. Hopefully he can step up along with a few more and give us some players that can stretch the field to open up the running game for Staten. With the Offensive line returning 4 starters we should be able to run the ball really well this year. If you've not seen these lineman since last year it's probably the biggest line we've had at Richlands and could be one of the most athletic for there size.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll say 6-4.....

I know of 3 teams that I would pick to beat them before the season starts, but a lot can change between now and then.

I'm assuming you're picking Bluefield, Graham, and ............?

when are any 7 on 7.and will richlands host a 7 on 7...i need to watch sum football soon its killing me,,,,,go blues-go hokies-and go dolphins.....

Why would you want to go watch Richlands? According to Gman and Futbolking Graham is where its @.10 and 0 baby!You can catch them at Honaker because Williams will not play his varsity against the Richlands varsity .lol Go Big Blue!!!

Why would you want to go watch Richlands? According to Gman and Futbolking Graham is where its @.10 and 0 baby!You can catch them at Honaker because Williams will not play his varsity against the Richlands varsity .lol Go Big Blue!!!

doubt you would hear either of them say graham 10/0 at all they are realistic about the gmen unlike you and rhs.

Why would you want to go watch Richlands? According to Gman and Futbolking Graham is where its @.10 and 0 baby!

You don't read very well. I never said that. I've argued against futbolking, Mr. Optimist, that Graham wouldn't finish as good as he thinks they will. Matter of fact, I don't think Graham will finish any better than they did last season.

But I will guarantee one thing...Richlands won't go 10-0 this season. And IF I'm wrong, I'll admit it.

You don't read very well. I never said that. I've argued against futbolking, Mr. Optimist, that Graham wouldn't finish as good as he thinks they will. Matter of fact, I don't think Graham will finish any better than they did last season.

But I will guarantee one thing...Richlands won't go 10-0 this season. And IF I'm wrong, I'll admit it.

Has anybody said RHS goes 10-0? Not being sarcastic or anything...just a legit question.

Has anybody said RHS goes 10-0? Not being sarcastic or anything...just a legit question.

And nobody said Graham was going to go 10-0 either...just making a point...

I try to stay upbeat about the G-Men...I do think they'll be better than last season, however...for reasons I have already stated....the lineplay.....I guess we'll see.

I like that by the way...."Mr. Optimism"....can I change my screen name to that?

Edited by futbolking

I'm assuming you're picking Bluefield, Graham, and ............?

The 3 I was picking originally were Graham, Bluefield and Union.... (I'm not so sure about Union now, they lost a couple of key players).

Don't count out V-High, they are a team on the upswing...Botetourt has went through a recent coaching change and it's hard to tell what to expect from them, they are a large school...Never count out Gate City.....Lebanon has been solid of late..and you can't simply discount them...I'm sticking with 6-4 as my "prediction"...they could very well do better, if so that would be great for Tazewell County...but I don't think they will go undefeated in the regular season and I do expect them to lose a couple this year.

I also stated in another thread that Graham could go 7-3 this year...or they could go 10-0...I believe they can beat anybody on their schedule, but there are some solid teams on there that could beat the as well... (including Richlands)...

Disclaimer: These are my opinions, not the opinions of anybody else and I take full ownership. I am not trying to bash anybody elses team, I am simply stating what I think could possibly happen in the spirit of fun.

Edited by futbolking

doubt you would hear either of them say graham 10/0 at all they are realistic about the gmen unlike you and rhs.

You are correct sir...

In fact this is what I said about Graham on another thread...

"I believe Graham can beat everybody on their schedule....but there will be 3 or 4 teams on there that could potentially beat them. Graham returns 19 seniors and should be very solid."

I think I've been pretty consistent with this...since I first posted this...

Three losses seems reasonable to me.......four seems like a stretch......especially considering Richlands returns so many players on offense, including the QB, running back, and all but one linemen on offense. I would suspect they will put up a lot of points on all their regular season opponents this year....... I know Graham had a heck of a time containing Staton last year.

What I don't know is anything about the Richlands defense.......

Three losses seems reasonable to me.......four seems like a stretch......especially considering Richlands returns so many players on offense, including the QB, running back, and all but one linemen on offense. I would suspect they will put up a lot of points on all their regular season opponents this year....... I know Graham had a heck of a time containing Staton last year.

What I don't know is anything about the Richlands defense.......

I'm sure that your assessment of Richlands would be much better than mine. Graham's big problem the past several years has been lack of strength and conditioning and they have simply gotten manhandled at the line of scrimmage. Graham is bigger and stronger, thanks to the new coaches conditioning program and are returning to their old form....not sure if they're quite there yet....but size and strength will make up for lack of depth at the skill positions. They will have some talented kids at WR and RB....just not a lot of depth...Graham used to be able to control the line of scrimmage, keep the games close and pull away in the 2nd half because of their superior conditioning and, although predictable, physical play........they got away from that for a few years... Also, numbers were down and they seem to be on the way back up 50 + last year....and possibly more this year, thinks are looking up for Graham.

If they can be competitive with a team like Richlands year in and year out...that would be great....Richlands has built a great program down there and if Graham returns to form, that will be a tremendous game to watch each year... but Graham is definitely making strides.

I might be a little too optimistic about Graham (as G-Man stated)...because some of their key players will be very young, but promising....however I could have these guys pegged correctly as well.

I just hope for a great season with some great competition and area teams competing well at the state level in the end....I can't wait for football season...this time of year is tough for sports fans, not a lot going on.

Guest rhsfanandstudent

Anyone got the Blues schedule with dates?

Anyone got the Blues schedule with dates?

Benefit Aug 23rd at Honaker

Aug. 30th Gate City

Sept. 6th at Union

Sept. 13th Graham

Sept 20th at Lord Botetourt

Sept 27th VA High

Oct. 4th at Bluefield, WV

Oct. 11th at Tazewell

Oct. 18th OPEN

Oct. 25th Abingdon

Nov. 1st at Lebanon

Nov. 8th Grundy

• 2 weeks later...
I'm sure that your assessment of Richlands would be much better than mine. Graham's big problem the past several years has been lack of strength and conditioning and they have simply gotten manhandled at the line of scrimmage. Graham is bigger and stronger, thanks to the new coaches conditioning program and are returning to their old form....not sure if they're quite there yet....but size and strength will make up for lack of depth at the skill positions. They will have some talented kids at WR and RB....just not a lot of depth...Graham used to be able to control the line of scrimmage, keep the games close and pull away in the 2nd half because of their superior conditioning and, although predictable, physical play........they got away from that for a few years... Also, numbers were down and they seem to be on the way back up 50 + last year....and possibly more this year, thinks are looking up for Graham.

If they can be competitive with a team like Richlands year in and year out...that would be great....Richlands has built a great program down there and if Graham returns to form, that will be a tremendous game to watch each year... but Graham is definitely making strides.

I might be a little too optimistic about Graham (as G-Man stated)...because some of their key players will be very young, but promising....however I could have these guys pegged correctly as well.

I just hope for a great season with some great competition and area teams competing well at the state level in the end....I can't wait for football season...this time of year is tough for sports fans, not a lot going on.

Well I know that no matter whether I like Graham or not, I know I have always respected the program and even when they are down, it is always a scary game. They have great fans and athletes and you always knew they were going to play hard ! I know the program is on it's way back to where they are accustomed to being and that makes for great games here in Tazewell Co and helps the teams be better prepared for the playoffs !

I also believe that Tazewell is on the mend, which when they are back, it will be a lot of fun again watching those 3 teams playing each other and giving each other hell.....lol. I'm a Blue Tornado fan first through and through, but I am a Tazewell Co fan 2nd !

Oh........and my wife just told me I better put that I am a Honaker fan 3rd......LOL.......I guess I better put that in there so I can sleep in my bed tonight and not on the couch....lol