Tazewell @ Graham

starcityfootballfan

Hopefully, the Virginia side boys will get it together in this one. Graham needs a major win in a very fast way. I hope that the shell shock has worn off after Bluefield dropped the bomb last week. I am going with the G-Men here in what could be a nail biter at Mitchell ... Gaham 23 Tazewell 16!

Graham will win this one like Bluefield won the previous week. Taz will score only in the fourth after we have subs in. Just like we did against Bluefield, only 2 ligit touchdowns and 70 or so actual yards. As bad as we looked Taz set a all time low last week. In the battle of two demoralized teams we win this one going away. If Taz is within 30 the rest of our season will be awful. No disrespect for Taz but they are absolutely a bottom feeder this year. Right there with Bland

Graham will win this one like Bluefield won the previous week. Taz will score only in the fourth after we have subs in. Just like we did against Bluefield, only 2 ligit touchdowns and 70 or so actual yards. As bad as we looked Taz set a all time low last week. In the battle of two demoralized teams we win this one going away. If Taz is within 30 the rest of our season will be awful. No disrespect for Taz but they are absolutely a bottom feeder this year. Right there with Bland

Much like your game last week the final score does not reflect how the game went.  Statistically we out gained Va High on everything in the first half.  They couldn't hardly get a first down or any yards.  Our defense was stiff against them.  Our offense on the other had was moving the ball but turnovers can kill you as we well know in that one.  We made a QB change at halftime and things were starting to look better.  An all time low was 2 and 3 years ago for us they were beyond bad.  Our team is picking up, now i didn't say we are going to have a winning season but we are much better than what we were.  Fix the mistakes that they make and things could get tight.

Now I'm sure this will be the laugh of the day to most but to say we are at the bottom is completely absurd.  After all the beating that Graham took and they think they can dominate the following week is just as crazy.  

I could be completely wrong but we have a shot and I think the score will be very close within 7.  My bold prediction is if we commit no turnovers it could be a win or close to it.  If the ball gets coughed up a few times Graham will run away with it.

I am with you Stu ! I am pulling for you guys. I don't think you all are on the bottom either. I agree if the Bulldogs can keep from turning the ball over you could definitely win this. If the guys can play with the toughness and confidence they had the last four games of last year they could beat many teams. I still think the G Men win this game but I am pulling for the Dawgs!

Good luck!

I know that VA High is a senior laden team, and Tazewell has 3. Graham has an edge in experience. The Bulldogs are headed in the right direction though.

I expect both teams to show improvement and for it to be an interesting game.

I got to watch the film of the Va High and Tazewell game today and I will have to agree that Tazewell played pretty good ball the first half.  They (Tazewell) really beat themselves in the first half.  Other than the long run by #20 for Va High, the rest of the half (except for the Tazewell mistakes) was pretty even.  Having said that, I still think Graham will win.

I agree with some of the others on here... Don't go giving the game to Graham yet.... Tazewell has looked pretty solid the times I have seen them play.  I don't think the V High score is a true indication of Tazewell...Just as the Graham score didn't indicate just how badly Bluefield whipped Graham....  There is nothing at all to base a Graham blow out in this one...

My gut says Graham...but Tazewell is probably a little quicker than Graham, from what I've seen...  I guess we'll see how it goes.  I am usually wrong more than I am right...

I  hope to see Tazewell win a few games, but they sure have a tough schedule.....

I don't suppose you have the series record going back to the beginning of the rivalry?

No, I don't, unfortunately.  All I have is since I started keeping records...in first grade ('73)...plus a few more from long ago...

1961 - Graham 14-6

1960 - Graham 19-0

1959 - Tazewell 40-7

1956 - Graham 19-12

1955 - Graham 20-6

1953 - Tazewell 6-0

1952 - Tazewell 20-13

1941 - Tazewell 18-0

1939 - Graham 9-0

For what it's worth the Bluefield Daily has the series record at 39-23-1 in favor of Graham.

I'll bet a silver dollar they are wrong...they show a total of 63 games...I've accounted for 57 games and I'm almost certain that Graham and Tazewell have played every year for a very long time.  And considering I've got a score from back in the 30's, that would be 74 years not including the times they've played each other in the playoffs.  Granted, they may not have played during WWII...but I still say they are wrong.

I'll bet a silver dollar they are wrong...they show a total of 63 games...I've accounted for 57 games and I'm almost certain that Graham and Tazewell have played every year for a very long time.  And considering I've got a score from back in the 30's, that would be 74 years not including the times they've played each other in the playoffs.  Granted, they may not have played during WWII...but I still say they are wrong.

They aren't very good at stats or articles most of the time. Heck, in last weeks article they had Tazewell playing Virginia Tech instead in Va High. :)

so did i they adjusted to what tazewell was doing and then tazewell did not adjust to the defense at all.

I agree 100% with that. Graham made a great adjustment and put the pressure on. Tazewell kept trying to run the same ole plays. Good luck to you guys this week.

Graham had depth, Tazewell didn't that was the biggest adjustment! Tazewell was gased!

in the second half graham started to blitz a lot more and that took tazewell out of their passing game and the qb running up the middle a lot. yea graham was in better shape than tazewell but the blitz did a lot to them also. the dog defensive line was down on their knee for most of the second half before the snap of the ball. they looked very tired on defense.