Grayson at Graham

futbolking

Will this be the breakthrough game when Graham finally beats Grayson...

Grayson dominated the MED for years, but now Fort Chiswell has emerged as the team to beat...Galax, Grayson and Graham may be fighting it out for 2nd place.

What is everybody's thought about Grayson at Graham?

Last season, Grayson dominated the line of scrimmage and pushed Graham around.  This season, I don't think Graham gets pushed around, but Graham has been giving up a lot of points.  Do they have enough in the tank to beat Grayson, with Benfield and Workman out?

If Grayson has some speed at RB, it could be another long night for Graham...

Going with the G-Men in this one! Graham needs to finally belt Grayson a good one. Graham also needs the win in a very major way ... power points.

you also picked richlands to beat Lord B..... just sayin

Graham wouldn't be an underdog against Marion so......

LOL!!! You probably have not seen Graham play this year! Actually, Graham is right where I expected them to be at 2-3. My longshot post weeks ago had the G-Men 3-2 at best. That (hopeful) 3-2 mark included Graham upsetting Richlands which I thought may actually happen ... close but no cigar. Tough opening schedule for the Virginia side boys; however, I hope this has prepared them for the upcoming MED teams that will follow in the next few weeks.  I think that Grayson County, Galax, and obviously Fort Chiswell can hang with anybody on a given night. I would not be surprised for Graham to finish 4-6 and not  make the cut of 16. However, I do think that the G-Men will upset one of the three ... Grayson County, Galax, or Fort Chiswell and hopefully sneak into the playoiffs. The two injuries week before last definately will not help the "sneak in" chances. Fortunately, there is still a lot of football to be played and I am keeping my fingers crossed for the G-Men!

I'd say they could be 3-2...They could have won that Richlands game, true...but it was pretty evenly matched.....

4-1 is a BIG stretch....they didn't even slow Giles down.....  Giles is deserving of their number one ranking and I thought they were the better team on that night.  Graham put up a good fight, but didn't have an answer for the single wing.  If they are fortunate enough to meet up with Giles again....they'll need to call some of the TRD teams and get some advice on stopping the single wing...

Grayson doesn't run the ball a lot.  The 21 year old QB is completing nearly 70% of his passes and has several very good WR's for high school football.  I think Grayson will pull away in the second half.

I'd say they could be 3-2...They could have won that Richlands game, true...but it was pretty evenly matched.....

4-1 is a BIG stretch....they didn't even slow Giles down.....  Giles is deserving of their number one ranking and I thought they were the better team on that night.  Graham put up a good fight, but didn't have an answer for the single wing.  If they are fortunate enough to meet up with Giles again....they'll need to call some of the TRD teams and get some advice on stopping the single wing...

100% correct!

Grayson doesn't run the ball a lot.  The 21 year old QB is completing nearly 70% of his passes and has several very good WR's for high school football.  I think Grayson will pull away in the second half.

If that's the case, both teams may score 50+...

They might want to call Steve Wright at Battle.  They stopped the wing in its tracks last year in the playoffs.

One might consider changing up the defense at halftime if what your doing isn't working, or possibly placing players in positions where they can help you the most, playing kids both ways to get the best 11 on the field. We could have beat that Giles team as well as Richlands if this coach were coaching to win not to implement his Salem style of playing a kid one way and this is the only defense we can run. Run short yardage defense and fill the gaps on a single wing and force them to pass.

They might want to call Steve Wright at Battle.  They stopped the wing in its tracks last year in the playoffs.

Yes they did! The key for the Trojans last season was their DL beat Giles OL all night. They all held their gaps and never let the Wing get rollin

Run short yardage defense and fill the gaps on a single wing and force them to pass.

Try running a short yardage defense on Giles and they will burn you with the pass all night. With most Giles teams you have to keep at least 3 back to defend the pass and if you just stack the gaps inside the Buck Lateral will tear you apart. When they have a TB who can throw they become very hard to stop.

Yes they did! The key for the Trojans last season was their DL beat Giles OL all night. They all held their gaps and never let the Wing get rollin

Try running a short yardage defense on Giles and they will burn you with the pass all night. With most Giles teams you have to keep at least 3 back to defend the pass and if you just stack the gaps inside the Buck Lateral will tear you apart. When they have a TB who can throw they become very hard to stop.

From the highlights of this Fridays game, Giles appeared to throw the deep ball pretty well.

In most years they do, if I remember correctly their #1 passing play from their base formation is a deep Corner route by the WB, an Out by the frontside TE and a Drag/Crossing route by the backside TE.  Alot of run 1st teams run the same play, only difference is Giles is running it from a Shotgun set(easier for the QB) with playaction. Really tough to defend.

One might consider changing up the defense at halftime if what your doing isn't working, or possibly placing players in positions where they can help you the most, playing kids both ways to get the best 11 on the field. We could have beat that Giles team as well as Richlands if this coach were coaching to win not to implement his Salem style of playing a kid one way and this is the only defense we can run. Run short yardage defense and fill the gaps on a single wing and force them to pass.

Hopefully in future matchups, Graham will make the adjustments they need.. to stop them.....or at least slow them down.

sounds like some sour grapes in this post.

If that's the case, both teams may score 50+...

Rodgers has 945 yards passing with 12 TD passes and 3 INT's through 5 games.  He is also averaging 7 yards per carry with nearly 400 yards rushing which is fairly impressive for a QB.  The Cannaday kid from the basketball team decided to play football for the first time and all he has done is caught 40 balls for over 800 yards in his first 5 games ever as a WR.  I thought he was by far and away, the best basketball player in the MED last year and possibly Region C but he wasn't even elected to the all district first team.

Rodgers has 945 yards passing with 12 TD passes and 3 INT's through 5 games.  He is also averaging 7 yards per carry with nearly 400 yards rushing which is fairly impressive for a QB.  The Cannaday kid from the basketball team decided to play football for the first time and all he has done is caught 40 balls for over 800 yards in his first 5 games ever as a WR.  I thought he was by far and away, the best basketball player in the MED last year and possibly Region C but he wasn't even elected to the all district first team.

Not gonna lie, I don't think the G-D can stop any team that has a pulse on offense...

I fully expect the Graham-Galax game to be another shootout and Fort may be able to name their score...

Graham should handle Galax.  It may be a high scoring affair but they should win the game in my opinion.  Galax has to be one of the most disappointing teams in the western division.  I believe a large number of the Galax players take winning and hard work for granted.

Hard work beats talent when talent don't work hard!