Virginia High @ Richlands II

V-Cats

you will be switching your focus to VA High basketball after Friday nights game and I don't need u to suggest anything to me

I suggest you own up to your previous "hilarious" predictions and accept that your team lost to VHS. And who cares about concession stands? Unless they serve trout, most are all alike.

VHS may win or they may lose this week to a very good Richlands team. Either way, it is no skin off my nose. I am just glad they won last week. Too bad you can't give credit where credit is due.

You Her-icanes can dish it out but CANNOT take it.

I suggest you own up to your previous "hilarious" predictions and accept that your team lost to VHS. And who cares about your concession stand? Unless they serve trout from the hatchery, most are all alike.

VHS may win or they may lose this week to a very good Richlands team. Either way, it is no skin off my nose. I am just glad they won last week. Too bad you can't give credit where credit is due.

You Her-icanes can dish it out but CANNOT take it.

who said anything about our concession stand... can u read dude that post was about richlands concession stand not ours learn to read lmao

You still avoid the question? You work for the Obama administration or what?

But keep on harping on VHS...I guess you have to live your football fantasy through a team that is still playing. I suggest you pick one in the future that YOU can beat...but hey that is just me.

I believe Jethro is south bounds twin so I stopped responding to him a long time ago. Without a doubt it matters that Coach Davis and Coach Wells is on the other side of the field. With the exception of maybe two starters they have been with these young men since 8th grade and in some cases longer. They know there strengths and weaknesses very well. So we have to except that and prepare for that. Then on the flip side Mance knows them very well. After all Mance took Wells under his wings and helped Coach Wells become the respectable Coach he has become. So it evens out to a point.

When it comes down to it I agree with my friends on here that it comes down to execution, turnovers and heart. I believe the Bearcats have the better athletes and speed. That being said Richlands will be ready to play. They will be well coached and fundamentally sound. They will also hit you hard. They have showed a level of intensity the past couple of games that this team just hadn't showed up till now.

I do have respect for the Bearcats and the way they have been playing. When you go to Gretna and beat them.....You now have everybody's attention!!!!! They for sure have Coach Mance and the Blues attention.

Be there early it should be over flowing at Ernie Hicks Friday Night. May the better team win and I hope its the Blues!!!!

Very well stated Razor !

I was getting ready to post something very similar until I read yours.  Anyway,  this pretty well sums up my feelings on this weeks game and VA High.

Any team that beats Gretna.........especially at Gretna,  deserve much respect and will get that respect by Mance and his staff and the players.

I do disagree with Bearcat Bob on his earlier statement when he said " I believe the Bearcats win a close one or get blown out "

Bob,  I believe this is going to be a close game which ever team wins !  The last game was very close through the 3qtr and it was a hard fought game and you guys have clearly gotten better with Kiser at QB !  The Blues are finally about as healthy as they can be and Michael's has gotten more experience plus the younger guys that have come on board since the JV season has ended have added some depth,  but the Bearcats do have a serious advantage of speed and the Blues have the advantage with size.  Should be a great game !

And Jethro,  if you want to be taken seriously on here,  making statements like that ( I think Richlands is scared ) along with some of the other statements you have made, will not help your cause.  No team that is playing at this time of the year is scared of playing anybody...........especially a team with the playoff experience that the Blues have.  Doesn't mean we will win the game,  but I can promise you one thing,  this team is not SCARED of anybody !  

you will be switching your focus to VA High basketball after Friday nights game and I don't need u to suggest anything to me

Maybe we will, maybe we won't, but considering we beat you head to head and advanced further than you did this year, you have a lot of nerve talking smack about us.

BTW, still waiting for an answer to two questions I posed to you last night.

1) Why are you such an ass to VHS fans?

2) What have I personally ever done to you to deserve your attitude?

Bigrhsfan...here is why I said what I said:  if Richlands comes out and jumps on VHS early, I think that they may be hard to stop as they are used to advancing far in the playoffs and VHS is the new kid on the block.  It is hard to stop a boulder rolling down hill when it gets momentum.  It is easy for a team like VHS to still be basking in the afterglow of a huge win over Gretna.  After all, that is the only signature win in a long time for VHS.  If that is the case, I think Richlands will roll. 

But I think if VHS plays close as they did at Gretna, their confidence will increase and maybe doubt creeps in for Richlands.  If the Bearcats stay hungry for more, they will compete well.  And Richlands is way too good to get hammered especially at home and in the playoffs.  That is why I think we either win a squeaker or get waxed. 

Like I said back earlier in the season, I always enjoyed playing Richlands, no matter the sport.  Good fans over there.  We used to have a lot of luck v. Richlands back in the late 70's-early 80's but "we ain't in Kansas anymore" and it has been a long time since VHS has been relevant.  I hope for a great game with no injuries. 

Maybe we will, maybe we won't, but considering we beat you head to head and advanced further than you did this year, you have a lot of nerve talking smack about us.

BTW, still waiting for an answer to two questions I posed to you last night.

1) Why are you such an ass to VHS fans?

2) What have I personally ever done to you to deserve your attitude?

jblank...I seriously believe it is simply a case of sour grapes at VHS' win over them...and now there are a few VHS fans on here who refuse to allow tomatoes to be thrown without throwing a few back. 

jblank...I seriously believe it is simply a case of sour grapes at VHS' win over them...and now there are a few VHS fans on here who refuse to allow tomatoes to be thrown without throwing a few back. 

Actually if you'll go back to the beginning of this thread it was the VHS posters who got their panties in a wad over a Marion poster picking Richlands.  Then it escalated.    I don't have a dog in the fight between Marion and VHS posters, but let's get the facts straight.  You VHS guys seem a little thin-skinned. 

Actually if you'll go back to the beginning of this thread it was the VHS posters who got their panties in a wad over a Marion poster picking Richlands.  Then it escalated.    I don't have a dog in the fight between Marion and VHS posters, but let's get the facts straight.  You VHS guys seem a little thin-skinned. 

Actually if you go back to the beginning of this thread...too get the facts straight...it was this fan who got his panties in a wad over a VHS supporters prediction and started the whole thing.  And I quote:

Posted 16 November 2013 - 07:48 PM

"How can you say cats by 10 the blues are finally healthy the best they have been all year health wise it will be like round 1 close first half then the blues pull away va just dose not have the size to play four quarters with the blues my opinion blues by 14+".

5th post of the thread and first of someone questioning another persons prediction.  No thin skin here. 

Maybe the pot calling the kettle black?

Maybe canes00 should follow suit.  No issue with Hurricanewarning.  He seems like a genuine fan and I respect folks who support their own.  He did take exception to my comment about C. Handley being the only athlete to come out of Marion and maybe that was uncalled for on my part.  canes00 made me mad with his comments about VHS and I reacted in kind. 

But this thread is about the Richands/VHS rematch.  I apologize for my part in taking the focus off that game.

Maybe canes00 should follow suit.  No issue with Hurricanewarning.  He seems like a genuine fan and I respect folks who support their own.  He did take exception to my comment about C. Handley being the only athlete to come out of Marion and maybe that was uncalled for on my part.  canes00 made me mad with his comments about VHS and I reacted in kind. 

But this thread is about the Richands/VHS rematch.  I apologize for my part in taking the focus off that game.

Hurricanewarning is a nicer guy than I am lol

We'll that isn't very nice.

sorry i'm late to respond. Just seems to me you guys don't know how to win without the chest thumping...overall your program has been way down for many years, which, trust me I know the feeling...but once you finally win a playoff game you just don't know how to act.  In contrast to teams like Honaker and Clintwood or Richlands who have been winning for years and you just don't see them doing it.  Don't be so hungry for respect to be given, just earn it.

Actually if you go back to the beginning of this thread...too get the facts straight...it was this fan who got his panties in a wad over a VHS supporters prediction and started the whole thing.  And I quote:

Posted 16 November 2013 - 07:48 PM

"How can you say cats by 10 the blues are finally healthy the best they have been all year health wise it will be like round 1 close first half then the blues pull away va just dose not have the size to play four quarters with the blues my opinion blues by 14+".

5th post of the thread and first of someone questioning another persons prediction.  No thin skin here. 

Maybe the pot calling the kettle black?

I believe he was stating a very accurate and factual opinion.  You guys are whining like Falcomman and Southbound. 

sorry i'm late to respond. Just seems to me you guys don't know how to win without the chest thumping...overall your program has been way down for many years, which, trust me I know the feeling...but once you finally win a playoff game you just don't know how to act.  In contrast to teams like Honaker and Clintwood or Richlands who have been winning for years and you just don't see them doing it.  Don't be so hungry for respect to be given, just earn it.

I think this is pretty accurate. Jethro is a troll, everyone else is just excited and looking for respect. Lance pretty much nailed that one.

Got to go with my Blues for another W---

The two positives for VHS I see in this game after the Blues/Bearcats first game,  VHS coaching staff switched Brown to playing only offense and I think this has made a big difference in the offensive play of the Bearcats.   The other is the new QB for the Bearcats--being a baseball pitcher he has a strong arm and apparently is pretty accurate. 

The things I think the Blues must do to walk away with the win,  no turnovers, the DB's looking for the ball--not just for a pick (even though that is great) but to bat the ball away (prime example Auburn vs Georgia).  When that is your main focus and you have receivers with speed they can blow on by you  for big yardage or a score. 

I think Richlands can control the line and if they keep the Bearcats contained on the corners it should bring home a W.

Coach Mance and staff will have the team ready---

Life has many choices---eternity two

Puuhhlease....one VHS person jerks your chain a little to rile up folks and all VHS is painted with the same brush?  Interesting...not accurate or fair, but telling none the less. 

Hungry for respect?  I haven't taken a snap in over 30 years.  I don't need or require...oh, never mind and good day Dr. Phil!

Bigrhsfan...here is why I said what I said:  if Richlands comes out and jumps on VHS early, I think that they may be hard to stop as they are used to advancing far in the playoffs and VHS is the new kid on the block.  It is hard to stop a boulder rolling down hill when it gets momentum.  It is easy for a team like VHS to still be basking in the afterglow of a huge win over Gretna.  After all, that is the only signature win in a long time for VHS.  If that is the case, I think Richlands will roll. 

But I think if VHS plays close as they did at Gretna, their confidence will increase and maybe doubt creeps in for Richlands.  If the Bearcats stay hungry for more, they will compete well.  And Richlands is way too good to get hammered especially at home and in the playoffs.  That is why I think we either win a squeaker or get waxed. 

Like I said back earlier in the season, I always enjoyed playing Richlands, no matter the sport.  Good fans over there.  We used to have a lot of luck v. Richlands back in the late 70's-early 80's but "we ain't in Kansas anymore" and it has been a long time since VHS has been relevant.  I hope for a great game with no injuries. 

Well,  I see what you were thinking and it makes sense.  It could very well go the way you stated,  i just think that VA High is a good football team and the coaches are doing a good job with them.  I just think it will turn out to be close through the whole game,  but VA does cause me to worry about their speed.  teams with speed have given the blues a hard time.

How come the coaches just started using Kiser at QB,  was there an injury,  or was it just a matter of trying to find more balance in the O ?

Puuhhlease....one VHS person jerks your chain a little to rile up folks and all VHS is painted with the same brush?  Interesting...not accurate or fair, but telling none the less. 

Hungry for respect?  I haven't taken a snap in over 30 years.  I don't need or require...oh, never mind and good day Dr. Phil!

you just don't know when to stop do u Oprah