Virginia High @ Richlands II

V-Cats

Who would've thought we'd see this second round matchup? But yet, here we are with one of the marquee matchups in week two. Can the V-Cats pull another upset or will Richlands roll to the Elite 8?

How can you say cats by 10 the blues are finally healthy the best they have been all year health wise it will be like round 1 close first half then the blues pull away va just dose not have the size to play four quarters with the blues my opinion blues by 14+

How can you say cats by 10 the blues are finally healthy the best they have been all year health wise it will be like round 1 close first half then the blues pull away va just dose not have the size to play four quarters with the blues my opinion blues by 14+

He's a troll, that's how he can say it.

Va High will have a lot of confidence after going on the road and beating Gretna. I didn't think they would win and nobody on this board or any other board thought they would win. Only Jethro, thought they would win. I think Va High's win over Gretna was more impressive than Richlands win over Graham. R-lands has beat Graham every year for the last 7 years? 8 years? Whatever it was, so I didn't expect nothing different from that game. Va High hasn't won a playoff game since 2004 and are only 4-13 all-time in the playoffs. I think that is what I saw the other day in the paper.

With all that said, in an upset.....

Va High 28

Richlands 24

With all due respect, nobody gave us chance @ Gretna, so is it really absurd for someone to predict we could win against you guys this time around? I'm not at all predicting it, but to make it out like we have no chance of winning by ten points is a bit insulting.

It will be interesting since both teams have gotten significantly better since September; Richlands has recovered from injuries & VA High has become balanced with Kiser at qb

Friday at 7:30.  To be honest I thought Va High had a good chance for the simple fact that Gretna is a team that lacks discipline and it showed last night.  The game friday will come down to if the RB Brown for Va High can get some running lanes.  If he does then things could get interesting in a hurry.  It has the making of a exciting night of football.  

The logic of this teams win is more impressive than the other teams win as a reason for picking a team to win just doesn't hold up......to me.

There were a couple of people on here that used that logic as a reason for picking Graham this past week.  (  much respect for Graham by the way ).  That their schedule was tougher and their wins, especially their win against FC was more impressive than the wins the Blues had as a reason to pick them.  Their schedule was probably  tougher (  the last couple of games ) and the FC win was impressive,  but football usually comes down to execution and discipline and match ups and of course turnovers ! 

How one team matches up with another means a lot.  VA high is faster,  but Richlands is bigger,  probably stronger, and will hit you.

It will be a fantastic game and will come down to whether speed wins out or size and strength and which team has the fewer turnovers.  Richlands also has a lot more experience playing at this time of the year which helps,  and it is at Ernie. You can bet that VA High sure has Mance's and staff attention.  It will be a great game and IMHO a close game with the blues pulling out a close 4th qtr win.

But of course I am just a little biased....lol 

That was well said BigRhsfan! I also believe it will be close. I think as I have stated many times about the Bearcats. For me it comes down to stopping Brown for us. I love to watch him run! I just hope he struggles against us. No doubt he will break some and our key to winning is limit his long runs.

It seems as if we will have to be good in the secondary also with the new Qb. This will make the game much closer this time in my opinion. Col ten will for sure have to have more than 100 yards also. I think he will. We will have to play our best and I think we will.

I say Richlands wins late 35 to 31. Can't wait for the game and be safe on your trip down Bearcat fans.

Mance always chooses to play on a Friday night at the Ernie when he has a choice.

One thing to consider in this game, two of the VA High  football coaches were coaching at Richlands last year.

These coaches know the tendencies and the indepth idiosyncrasies

of all of the Richlands players except maybe for the freshmen. Not only does Richlands have to prepare for a team they've played and beaten in the regular season, but many of the newer plays they developed for the regular season game, are not new to VA High anymore. VA High probably has more in depth knowledge of the Richlands football program than any other team they've prepared against.

That being said..."it is what it is"...and you try to prep the best you can against another team who intimately knows your program inside and out. Ultimately, it comes down to the players executing ...and with both teams playing better in the latter part of the season (and healthy)... also, both advancing to the second round of the playoffs...the ole saying is true..."whichever team wants it most and makes the least mistakes wins this game."

With all of the above being said, I'm a Richlands' fan and believe we can win this game... I'm sure the VA High fans believe they can win too.