Virginia High @ Richlands II

V-Cats

Have you ever played on that type of turf? It's not the carpet of us old guys. You are right, if it rained very hard and water was standing on the field then yes it would be slick. But it is designed to not lose it's grip in wet weather. Drainage is a key for that to happen as well.

No sir I haven't, but I watch enough NCAA and NFL ball to see the slipping and sliding still occur. I don't doubt that it is better and has more grip than normal, but it is still going to have a bit of slip to it.

No sir I haven't, but I watch enough NCAA and NFL ball to see the slipping and sliding still occur. I don't doubt that it is better and has more grip than normal, but it is still going to have a bit of slip to it.

I have. It's crazy how much grip there is, but still enough give to keep injuries down. Some turf is cut longer than others also. Mitchell stadium is real short, richlands and honaker have a bit longer blades on theirs. The really makes a difference. Serious question, did you play at v high? We are the same age, and played every year when I was in school.

I have never had a beef with anyone from Va. High, mainly because I rarely have occsasion to interact with anyone from Va. High.  They haven't been here much, but now that they are they seem to be a little testy.  In the past Va. High football has been so irrelevant that I guess it never mattered before.  I have the utmost respect for the kids that play the game, and Va. High has just as good a chance of winning this game as Richlands.  So good luck to the players, who probably have a lot more maturity and good sense than the clowns from their fan base on this website.  I thought Southbound and Falcon Man were bad, but these guys have them beat!  And that's saying something!

I have never had a beef with anyone from Va. High, mainly because I rarely have occsasion to interact with anyone from Va. High.  They haven't been here much, but now that they are they seem to be a little testy.  In the past Va. High football has been so irrelevant that I guess it never mattered before.  I have the utmost respect for the kids that play the game, and Va. High has just as good a chance of winning this game as does Richlands.  So good luck to the players, who probably have a lot more maturity and good sense than the clowns from their fan base on this website.  I thought Southbound and Falcon Man were bad, but these guys have them beat!

See, you can't just end it without another insulting remark. I've tried man, I have, but you just keep on.....I've been on this site for 9 years, never had a cross word with anyone until you and Canesfan00 come at me, so to make it like WE are the ones with the problem, when there has been nothing but peace before, is just funny to me. I'm tryin' one more time man, drop it, don't reference me, don't quote me, lets just end it, step away, and stop. I'm tired of coming on here and getting upset, tired of the insults and backhanded comments, and just want to talk HS football, like I've done for almost a decade. I apologize for things getting heated, I know I should've not gotten so upset, but people should only have to take so much.

See, you can't just end it without another insulting remark. I've tried man, I have, but you just keep on.....I've been on this site for 9 years, never had a cross word with anyone until you and Canesfan00 come at me, so to make it like WE are the ones with the problem, when there has been nothing but peace before, is just funny to me. I'm tryin' one more time man, drop it, don't reference me, don't quote me, lets just end it, step away, and stop. I'm tired of coming on here and getting upset, tired of the insults and backhanded comments, and just want to talk HS football, like I've done for almost a decade. I apologize for things getting heated, I know I should've not gotten so upset, but people should only have to take so much.

I enjoy watching you wring your hands and beat your head on the desk every time I respond, so no, I will continue to have fun as long as you post.  You're turn.  Just try and keep it clean.

I enjoy watching you wring your hands and beat your head on the desk every time I respond, so no, I will continue to have fun as long as you post.  You're turn.

And you said for me to grow up? As I said, you're quite hypocritical.

I've turned it over to Ryan at this point. I've said all I want to say to you.

It's not yours to "turn over" little boy.  It's a public forum.  The fact that I have gotten the best of you by making you quit speaks volumes. 

I think we may, but in your mind I guess we don't.

I was just asking ..why is there a speed advantage? Where is it? I have not heard anything about VHS being loaded with speed...maybe I missed it.

I was just asking ..why is there a speed advantage? Where is it? I have not heard anything about VHS being loaded with speed...maybe I missed it.

We have good speed in the backfield, Brown is quicker than you think, and our WR's are quite fast. I didn't mean to imply that Richlands was slow, sorry if you or any RBT fans felt insulted, but I feel from watching that we've had a speed advantage on almost everyone we've played this year, the exception being THS.

Cognitive issues? I know about the cleats and the rules issue that went along with it. I attended that game as a matter of fact. I'm sure every richlands guy knows about it too because us Tazewell guys bring it up as often as possible lol. You sir are the one that don't seem to understand humor or sarcasm. Good luck to your team Friday. I hope they play well.

Over the head of yet one more...Jethro's victims are piling faster than bodies in a Call of Duty game.   One more time, just for you...it was not about illegal cleats, it was about cheating!  Get it? 

Far be it from me to defend or explain Jethro.  Just find it hilarious that you don't get it.

I figured the consensus has almost annually been that VHS is full of athletes, but the talent is never fully utilized

Over the head of yet one more...Jethro's victims are piling faster than bodies in a Call of Duty game. One more time, just for you...it was not about illegal cleats, it was about cheating! Get it?

Far be it from me to defend or explain Jethro. Just find it hilarious that you don't get it.

I got it...wow

You really should stop. You are making yourself look bad. Then again, maybe that's what you are trying to do.

This whole thread has been much ado about nothing.  It is high school football and I doubt any of the posters on here suit up anymore.  It has been kind of like a Seinfeld episode...you watch it and then can't really remember what the story was about.  But it killed 30 minutes or so and you didn't have to think about real world stuff so it served a purpose.

I personally am getting bored with it all now.  The fun has been exhausted.  Here is my peace offering to anyone offended.  Halftime popcorn and a coke at the concession stand...except canes00.  He doesn't care for the Richlands concession stand I hear.  Tell 'em to put it on Lance's tab since he won't be there either!

And I will personally police those rowdy VHS students with their nasty taunts.  I hear they have been watching Woody Allen's Holy Grail and have perfected the Knights of Nee.  Pretty wicked stuff right there.

Seriously...good luck to both teams.  I hope there are no injuries; that it is a great game; and that VHS comes out on top.  If not, I'll be rooting next week for Richlands to carry the banner.

Adios!

I figured the consensus has almost annually been that VHS is full of athletes, but the talent is never fully utilized

Thankfully, with the staff we have in place, that may be changing. I will say this, Paul got a lot out of the kids, but I think his system constrained us a bit. Coach Crist seems to be able to expand things a bit, PLUS, get more out of the individuals. I just hope we can keep him around for quite some time.