Graham @ Richlands

BlueRazor

Tazewel came out before the game and planted a bulldog flag at midfield and started jumping around! And ppl are going to talk abt Graham players? Moving forward I feel sorry for the kids at Tazewel having to play for Williams/Dudley! These two didn't even shake the coaches hands after the game, they walked to the locker room, you wanna talk about classless.

Funny how none of that stuff was even brought up during the 15 minute conversation. Should have known not to listen to a Tazewell fan lol no I'm just kidding. I kind of know what you guys mean a few years ago 2 of our coaches went to Virginia High. It made the game a little more intense but it was all in good fun because of the respect shown on both sides and also those two coaches are real class acts and also we got one back.

Just want to wish all the fans from Graham that are making the trip from Bluefield tonight to Ernie a safe drive to the game and back home,  and the same for all of the fans that come to the game tonight !

Hope it's another good SWVA football game and both teams come out of it with no injuries !

I am looking forward to seeing how much the GMen have improved and seeing the new RB they have,  should be fun tonight !  It's always fun when your sitting in the stands on a Friday night with great weather and watching SWVA high school football !

Go Big Blue !

LOL, all in good fun!

I'm hoping Graham comes ready to play with an edge. Perhaps not "The U" edge, but an edge after getting whipped like a rented mule by Richlands for the last 11 seasons.

Isn't it 8 straight? It's not 11. Can't be. Graham ended our streak my senior year.

Does he have to get the ball to be a good player? Cook, Booker, Workman, Harris, Meade and Allen are all play makers for Graham in addition to Cousin. To say they are a one man team is ridiculous. Vineyard is very good on defense as well as Ballard. Line is solid and experienced. Graham has more speed. Richlands will be more physical. This team is loaded with juniors. . Should be hell on wheels next season. As i said before. . When they get this defense down they will be hard to deal with by seasons end. Be glad you get them early.

So much for Graham having more speed. Graham backs were torched all night and the only time Graham got lose was on the first play of the game.

Wasn't impressed with Cousin at all. He finished with 35 yards and 15 of that came on 1 play in the 3rd. He didn't look like he liked how physical Richlands was.

Workman definitely didn't like the hits he was taking. He had happy feet all game and was rushing and overthrowing all night.

Also, so much for Graham huddling at the R pregame and barking "come get some" at our players. Much like Tazewell, if you're gonna talk it, you best bring it.

Ty

Wasn't impressed with Cousin at all. He finished with 35 yards and 15 of that came on 1 play in the 3rd. He didn't look like he liked how physical Richlands was.

He looked very fast to me on the one long kick off return.

But you are right, the Richlands defense punished him every time he carried the ball on offense.

He looked very fast to me on the one long kick off return.

But you are right, the Richlands defense punished him every time he carried the ball on offense.

He had some speed once he got out in the open. But our defense never let him get out. This defense is special. They were put in bad spots against Union, and when they aren't with their backs against the wall, we see what happens.

I have to say that I was nervous about this game,  but I was totally off on that,   Graham did not like the physicality of Richlands tonight at all.  Several times it looked like some of their runners would rather go down than take another hit.

I could see where Cousins has some speed and some power,  but our defense laid some wood and their O line just couldn't handle our D line and linebackers.

Graham has some talent,  but they need to get a lot more physical if they are going to compete with the upper echelon of teams,  like a Giles, Richlands and such.

I think the Blues wanted to make a statement and played like it.

John Luke played a fantastic game,  he's learning and growing each game,  and made some beautiful throws and Atkinson played well also as did both the O & D lines !  Blankenship ran hard and had a good game too.  I have to say also that I was proud of the way the Kicker ( Barrett, I think is how he spells it ) kicked the ball tonight.  You could tell they had worked with him and he kicked well all night.........extra points and kickoffs both !

Proud of the way they came back this week after a tough game and even tougher loss last week !

Now I know what you was saying there in that post. I was vey surprised that a team would do that,

It definitely back fired on them. If your going to challenge a team like that on there home turf you should be able to back it up......well we seen how well that worked out for them. I hope that it is not inspired by the coach but either way they should stop it.

Wasn't impressed with Cousin at all. He finished with 35 yards and 15 of that came on 1 play in the 3rd. He didn't look like he liked how physical Richlands was

Ryan, be careful. Words like that might hurt your chances of recruiting him for next year.

:)

You know the ironic thing about the pregame was I was out on the field with my youth team and I missed it all. I didn't realize that stuff went on until I got home and read this. So it was actually a little true. Why would Graham do that and motivate Richlands? I feel torn because I respect UVAobserver and G-man and all the Graham posters but it is hard to uphold that kind of stuff. I felt like Mance called the dogs off a little later than usual, and now I know why. I really try to pull for Tazewell county teams but sometimes it gets hard. You want your team to be confident without being disrespectful, I know it can be a fine line. 90% of the posters on this forum are very respectful, it is sometimes hard to convey things in print as opposed to verbal communication. I would like for our county rivalries to be friendly and classy. I missed it all and maybe i'm uninformed about what was going on. I could feel the vibe while the game was going on. And by the way I thought #17 was a man he is a good player. Best of wishes for Graham going forward.  

My thoughts on that good old fashioned butt whooping:

1- Graham isn't nearly as big, fast and strong as Richlands. G-Men looked scared to death out there except for #17 and #29...both of whom are transfers to GHS.

2- Graham's corners and safeties got burned all night...hope they had some aloe in the locker room because they need it. They could not handle Richlands recievers or tackle in the open field. Hope Palmer addresses this in the off week.

3- Both the O-line & D-line for Graham got manhandled. No words to describe how bad that was.

4- As a Graham fan it bothered me that Palmer left in the starters when Mance called off the dogs in the 4th qtr. and put in his subs. Then Richlands subs put a beat down on Grahams starters.

5- Graham has a ton of work to do...I saw them afraid and saw them quit last night. Very disappointing. 

6- As for the taunting at midfield...I was surprised by this since Tazewell did the same thing to us the previous week. Obviously the G-Men didn't learn anything by that. 

7- Several times last night Graham couldn't get enough players on the field on special teams. We punted once with only 10 players out there. Do they even practice special teams??