SWVASports.com Fan Poll...Week 4 - NOW OPEN!!!

GMan

Last week's Top 10 with results...

1- Union 195 (17) defeated Ridgeview 42-12

2- Richlands 172 (1) defeated #10-Central-Wise 47-7

3- Abingdon 166 (1) defeated Blacksburg 28-27 OT

4- Giles 129 defeated Narrows 42-6

5- Pulaski Co. 103 defeated Bassett 47-14

6- Radford 98 defeated Craig Co. 54-0

7- Bluefield 95 defeated Gate City 42-34

8- Honaker 60 defeated Holston 45-0

9- Galax 29 lost to George Wythe 28-27

10- Central-Wise 23 lost to #2-Richlands 47-7

Others receiving votes:  Grayson Co. 14 (lost to Glenvar 21-0), Bland Co. 5 (OPEN), J.I. Burton 5 (defeated Unaka, TN 60-32), George Wythe 4 (defeated #9-Galax 28-27), Grundy 3 (defeated East Ridge, KY 46-44), Virginia 2 (OPEN)

POST YOUR NEW TOP 10!!!  VOTING WILL BE CUT OFF AT 6PM ON WEDNESDAY NIGHT.  I WILL THEN POST THE WEEK 1 FAN POLL.

REMEMBER...ELIGIBLE TEAMS FOR THE POLL INCLUDE ALL SCHOOLS IN GILES, PULASKI, AND CARROLL COUNTIES, INCLUDING THE CITY OF RADFORD AND WESTWARD AND ALL THE SCHOOLS IN THE THREE SOUTHERN-MOST COUNTIES OF WV (MONROE, MERCER, AND MCDOWELL).

Almost stays the same but switch Abingdon and Richlands around and drop Galax and Wise Central

1.   Union

2.   Abingdon

3.   Richlands

4.   Giles

5.   Pulaski Co.

6.   Radford

7.   Bluefield

8.   Honaker

9.   J.I. Burton

10. George Wythe

Almost stays the same but switch Abingdon and Richlands around and drop Galax and Wise Central

1.   Union

2.   Abingdon

3.   Richlands

4.   Giles

5.   Pulaski Co.

6.   Radford

7.   Bluefield

8.   Honaker

9.   J.I. Burton

10. George Wythe

1. Union

2. Abingdon

3. Richlands

4. Giles

5. Pulaski

6. Radford

7. Honaker

8. George Wythe

9. J I Burton

10.Lee

Richlands blows out a good Central team, Abingdon has to go to OT to win (and probably should have lost) against a Blacksburg team that isn't exactly a world beater this year. And somehow that translates into Abingdon jumping Richlands? 

Not calling you out. Just interested in hearing your reasoning behind the choice. 

I had Abingdon ahead of Richlands last week. And no that wasn't a good central team I was at the game and that's not that good of a team. Abingdon is playing very good football and they are 4-0. Richlands will have a chance to prove me wrong and I hope they do.

I had Abingdon ahead of Richlands last week. And no that wasn't a good central team I was at the game and that's not that good of a team. Abingdon is playing very good football and they are 4-0. Richlands will have a chance to prove me wrong and I hope they do.

Central is a good team. Richlands made them look bad, but we have done that to every team we've played sans Union. Honaker looked terrible against us, we know they aren't terrible. Gate City, Graham, Central, they all looked bad. At some point that becomes more about what defense they played. Central is a 6-4, 7-3 type team, hence, a good team in my book.

Yes I agree Richlands makes everyone look bad. Central is completely one dimensional. They have nothing that resembles a passing game. There qb is the leading rusher. You stop him you beat them. That is not a good team. And central will finish 5-5. Not a good team.

Yes I agree Richlands makes everyone look bad. Central is completely one dimensional. They have nothing that resembles a passing game. There qb is the leading rusher. You stop him you beat them. That is not a good team. And central will finish 5-5. Not a good team.

My quote from earlier was more directed at Tigers_07 who said he flipped Abingdon and Richlands. So he has RHS above AHS and flipped them in a week where I don't get the flip, personally, given both teams performances lol.

I don't care either way lol. This is called the swvasports.com FAN poll I don't think anyone should have to explain or defend their own fan poll. Just my opinion.

I just like to hear the different thought processes behind anyones poll. We are all different people, and we likely all have a different way we go about doing a poll.

Aingdon ahead of Richlands last week. And no that wasn't a good central team I was at the game and that's not that good of a team. Abingdon is playing very good football and they are 4-0. Richlands will have a chance to prove me wrong and I hope they do.

Giles beat that same Blacksburg team by 4 touchdowns and Gate City gave Abingdon a whale of a game. The same Gate City that Richlands could have named the score on. I truly doubt you hope they prove you wrong.........

I just like to hear the different thought processes behind anyones poll. We are all different people, and we likely all have a different way we go about doing a poll.

This is what happens when you have a fan poll like this....someone don't like a certain team(in this case Richlands) for some reason(probably cause they are better than their team) and that's why they vote you lower than they should be.....anyone that don't think Richlands is one of the best 3 teams right now in this area must be on drugs...I am not ashamed to admit Richlands is better than Giles right now in my opinion

Giles beat that same Blacksburg team by 4 touchdowns and Gate City gave Abingdon a whale of a game. The same Gate City that Richlands could have named the score on. I truly doubt you hope they prove you wrong.........

Haha thanks a lot! Thank you for letting me know who I truly would like to see win a football game.

This is what happens when you have a fan poll like this....someone don't like a certain team(in this case Richlands) for some reason(probably cause they are better than their team) and that's why they vote you lower than they should be.....anyone that don't think Richlands is one of the best 3 teams right now in this area must be on drugs...I am not ashamed to admit Richlands is better than Giles right now in my opinion

This is what happenes when you don't read everything that has been posted. Not one person has Richlands below 3rd in there poll. All the stink is because 3 people had Abingdon ahead of Richlands in there poll. Abingdon is 4-0 and has beaten 2 3a schools in their last two games and have put up video game stats. So excuse me if I think that puts them ahead of a 3-1 Richlands team at the moment. I know personally it's not because I don't like Richlands. I live in Richlands and my family is from there too. Yes they are way better than my team (Honaker) they prove that every year.

I have a question if we all vote union #1 and Richlands #2 and for some reason union gets beat in the next 6 weeks, will Richlands jump back in front of union to 1 or do we keep union 1 and Richlands 2 because Richlands lost was to union?