Giles vs Graham

Akshun

You may get your wish Hokiebird. Graham's losses came to two high quality opponents. Richland's will destroy most of the teams they play this year. They were on a mission when they played Graham. I think it will be a competitive game.

Jury is still out on the teams that Giles has beaten. Christiansburg was very underwhelming when I watched them. Narrows is not a good barometer. Blacksburg has not impressed either. I think it will be a good matchup. But, I've been wrong before.

who did you watch CBurg play? because if you saw them against Abingdon then they had ALOT of injuries that game....I think the CBurg win is a good win for Giles...and BBurg also....they are both 3A and in CBurg's case a pretty good 3A team....Narrows is a county rivalry game and a waste of time IMO....But the gate is good every year that's why it's played

who did you watch CBurg play? because if you saw them against Abingdon then they had ALOT of injuries that game....I think the CBurg win is a good win for Giles...and BBurg also....they are both 3A and in CBurg's case a pretty good 3A team....Narrows is a county rivalry game and a waste of time IMO....But the gate is good every year that's why it's played

I can't help myself.

alotmonster01-560x373.jpg

But yeah, you're overvaluing Christiansburg.

Sorry i made a mistake mr perfect

Have you watched CBurg play this year in a REAL GAME and not a scrimmage?

Still sore from this weekend, I see.

Considering you had to disregard your phone or computer's spell check to make that particular mistake, I reserve the right to have a little good natured fun with it.  Life's pretty miserable if you can't laugh at yourself every once in a while.  

I don't exactly have the time to schlep on 3-hour round trips to watch high school football games.  My work schedule doesn't allow it, and I'm not exactly the fondest of leaving my 2-year-old and pregnant wife at home to go watch random games.  I go to Charlottesville 2-3 times per fall, and I have a bowling league during the week.  So, no, I haven't seen Christiansburg play.  

But I can look at common opponents and gauge their results against like competition.  

Christiansburg stands at 1-2.  Both Giles and Abingdon were seen as coin-flip games to determine where Christiansburg stood, and Christiansburg lost them both, one convincingly.  Patrick Henry-Roanoke and Salem will both beat Christiansburg and may beat them badly.  Christiansburg will beat Cave Spring, Hidden Valley, and Carroll County, which have a combined record of 1-9.  So that puts Christiansburg at 4-4 with two games that are close calls: Pulaski County and Blacksburg.  I'd give Pulaski County the edge, but I'd give Christiansburg the edge over Blacksburg.  That puts Christiansburg at 5-5 and in a clear lower rung in 3A.

So excuse me for not wetting myself over a team whose ceiling is 6-4 at best.

I don't necessarily know what Graham has. Do they have a good passing attack? A good defense? I watched some film from the Bluefield game. I noticed that Bluefield had success running to strong side at them as well. I think considering that Giles is single wing and very physical this plays Into giles favor.

I don't necessarily know what Graham has. Do they have a good passing attack? A good defense? I watched some film from the Bluefield game. I noticed that Bluefield had success running to strong side at them as well. I think considering that Giles is single wing and very physical this plays Into giles favor.

You see flashes of greatness from Graham, but Graham is young and inconsistent with their performance.  Timing and aggressiveness has been an issue with the passing game.  The defense is much improved over last year (how could it not be?), but you'll see Graham out-of-position occasionally, and Graham doesn't have the cohesiveness yet to keep broken assignments from being huge gainers.

The Richlands game was inauspicious.  Richlands took the fight to Graham, and Graham curled up in a little ball.  Giles is a very physical team historically, and everything I've heard seems to back that up now.  I would look for a dominating performance from Giles.