Richlands @ Bluefield

Ryan4VT

Our defense is pretty good but its a risk reward deal. When you run a very risky attacking defense as Palmer does it can look very good at times but that's why we give up the big play also. We put tremendous pressure on our corners and make them cover one on one and we do get burnt at times. Then you had the type of speed you guys have and its a whole different beast.

I think it comes down to which defense gets the most stops. I think both offenses will score plenty of points. Once again turnovers and penalties will probably be a huge factor in who wins this one.

That cat was caught on Cherokee. I caught a blue in a tournament on watts bar this year that was 47pounds. I buy a lot of catfishing gear from a guy in Rosedale that runs Bottom Dwellers Tackle.

As for the game Richlands should have no problem winning but with it being at Bluefield who knows how it will turn out. They do have excellent home field advantage against out of state teams.

I think Richlands can win big if they make a few of those one-on-one tackles, because Bluefield has 3 good backs, and the moment you miss a tackle or they get a half step you aren't gonna catch them. Offensively they are scary. The D is exactly as everyone has said, no doubt Richlands has the advantage on both lines, but they had better not get caught over pursuing or you will blink and one of those backs will be in the endzone.

In a perfect world and no turnovers, I see Richlands by 21 or more. If they turn the ball over 3-4 times then this may be a Bluefield win. I would like to see this game, but I have other plans this Friday :)

Is it Friday yet? This seems like the longest week. I guess I have just been looking forward to this part of the season so long.  Time is about to tell.

Meet a many of Gate City, Big Stone Gap people on the headwaters of the Cherokee in the spring.  Even meet this young fellow running around with a lighting R on his hat, pretty sure that young man became a well know number 88 later on.

"You would have to be the biggest joker to think a coach on the coaching staff would print off what a bunch of buffoons on a message board says about their team and put it up in a locker room. They could give to rats butts what we think on here. This is for sheer amusement for us."

True that....

Is it Friday yet? This seems like the longest week. I guess I have just been looking forward to this part of the season so long. Time is about to tell.

Meet a many of Gate City, Big Stone Gap people on the headwaters of the Cherokee in the spring. Even meet this young fellow running around with a lighting R on his hat, pretty sure that young man became a well know number 88 later on.

I fish Cherokee all year round. I love it there best during the winter. I used to fish mostly around the caney creek area but have been having better luck around church house point lately. I have run into a few people from Bluefield down on Cherokee before.

"You would have to be the biggest joker to think a coach on the coaching staff would print off what a bunch of buffoons on a message board says about their team and put it up in a locker room. They could give to rats butts what we think on here. This is for sheer amusement for us."

True that....

I've seen posts from this very board posted in locker rooms at Richlands.

Coaches get motivation where ever they can get it . If they could get footage of a piss ant in a Bluefiled jersey eating a bail of hay with a Richlands jersey you can bet your sweet a$$ it would be posted in the locker room. Pretty much anyone who has ever coached and or played has stated that stuff gets posted in the locker room. I don't care if it's in a national news paper or a 2 year old in crayon a good coach will use it for motivation. I played in the 80's coached in the 90's and now,  and my step-son played in the late 2000's early 2010's and I can tell you it has not changed or will it ever, good coaches find something to motivate players always have and always will. When I was in the Navy I coached a team of grown a$$ men and before a big game I " found" and diaper with a note in it from our next opponent who just happened to have a future RB for the Broncos on it and we played out of our heads and shut him down the only game he didn't have 200+ yards all season. Myself and another coach from Texas completely pulled some head games on our own team we had the best game all season (but lost not by much). You guys who doubt this stuff go ahead and coach some youth football and I'm telling you you will lose sleep at night trying to motivate some of these kids. 

To each their own... (And I doubt that Ryan... I just don't see Coach Mance giving a crap what people say on here)

I think most people have blown up my intentions of what I originally posted (surprising I know). The bottom line is as a program, if you are concerned with what other think of you then you need to reevaluate your program. Programs should believe in what they are "trying to sell" to their players. With that said, I understand the idea of motivating the players especially when respect is not shown. Maybe post a newspaper article or even a quote from an opposing coach... But to post what I say (who is a no body) is absurd. 

To each their own... (And I doubt that Ryan... I just don't see Coach Mance giving a crap what people say on here)

Think what you want. I know what I've seen with my own eyes when I was still at Richlands and what I now know by being friends with some coaches. 

Our defense is pretty good but its a risk reward deal. When you run a very risky attacking defense as Palmer does it can look very good at times but that's why we give up the big play also. We put tremendous pressure on our corners and make them cover one on one and we do get burnt at times. Then you had the type of speed you guys have and its a whole different beast.

I think it comes down to which defense gets the most stops. I think both offenses will score plenty of points. Once again turnovers and penalties will probably be a huge factor in who wins this one.

I saw Richlands shut down Bluefield pretty well last year even with the suspensions.  Maybe Reed and the other three kids would have been the difference in that game, maybe not.  I still would have liked to have seen what Reed could have done in that game last year.  He'll get his chance Friday night but this game is going to be played in the rain all night it looks like.  Ugh!

I saw Richlands shut down Bluefield pretty well last year even with the suspensions. Maybe Reed and the other three kids would have been the difference in that game, maybe not. I still would have liked to have seen what Reed could have done in that game last year. He'll get his chance Friday night but this game is going to be played in the rain all night it looks like. Ugh!

He could very well have been the difference. He is such a threat to take it to the house ANY time he touches the ball. No doubt one special player. I can't wait to watch him.......although I sure hope he is being bottled up behind the line of scrimmage instead of celebrating in the end zone.....lol

Looks like rain for sure

Ah. That makes more sense hahah. I'm just so used to hearing us called by many "nicknames" F5, blownados, etc....so I just assumed this was another one. My bad.

I get butterflies all the time watching games. The Union game comes to mind. That whole 4th quarter and overtime took 8 years off my life.

Butterflies??

Union vs Richlands = pterodactyls in the stomach

I wonder if this game stands a chance of getting postponed with the weather threat Friday night.

I can't go Friday. So if they want to move it to tomorrow or sometime other than Friday/Sunday, I'd be fine with that.

Look at the amount of points Bluefield has given up compared to the rest of the WV AA field.  That's staggering.  http://wvmetronews.com/2015/09/29/wvssac-hs-football-rankings-week-6/

CLASS AA Rank School Rating Won Lost Tied Scored Allowed Points Bonus

1 FAIRMONT SENIOR 12.8 5 0 0 192 87 54 10

2 BLUEFIELD 12.2 5 0 0 234 154 54 7

3 BRIDGEPORT 11.4 4 0 1 216 34 51 6

T-4 CHAPMANVILLE 11 5 0 0 214 97 48 7

T-4 JAMES MONROE 11 4 0 0 165 58 39 5

6 KEYSER 10.8 5 0 0 228 74 45 9

7 TOLSIA 10.6 5 0 0 200 102 42 11

8 LINCOLN 8.2 4 1 0 198 47 36 5

9 ROANE COUNTY 8 4 1 0 239 123 36 4

10 INDEPENDENCE 7.8 4 1 0 150 64 36 3

11 MINGO CENTRAL 7.75 3 1 0 187 85 30 1