Postponements

BigO

Wk 6 of the VHSL sked will actually take a week. Games from last night to next Wednesday (Radford-Floyd). No biggie. Both are idle next Fri

Following not a postponement...but it is a freebie...

UVa-Wise has announced free admission for tomorrow's football homecoming game with W. Va. St. Kickoff is set for 3 p.m. at Smith Stadium.

great state

Following not a postponement...but it is a freebie...

UVa-Wise has announced free admission for tomorrow's football homecoming game with W. Va. St. Kickoff is set for 3 p.m. at Smith Stadium.

That's about the only way I'd go to a UVA Wise game...

Here's what I have for PPD games....

Monday @ 6 pm 

Bland Co. @ Montcalm (WV)

Parry McCluer @ Auburn

William Campbell @ Patrick Co.

Monday @ 7

Castlewood @ Northwood 

George Wythe @ Honaker 

Patrick Henry @ Rural Retreat

James River @ Fort Chiswell

Galax @ Giles  

Christiansburg @ Cave Spring

Franklin Co. @ Bassett

Craig Co. @ Roanoke Catholic @ Vinyard Park.

Wednesday.@ 6

Floyd Co. @ Radford

Salem @ Carroll Co. - CCD completely

"If I were Honaker, I would hate to think that I have my 2 toughest games on the schedule, GW on a Monday and then J.I.Burton coming Friday or Saturday of that same week."

I just wonder if Honaker could ask for another postponement for next Friday and move the JIB game to Saturday to give the players 1 more day for rest and recovery,  I know their young,  but it would still help ?

I don't know if coach H from Honaker would even want to do this,  just asking for hypothetical reasons.  I'm sure both coaches would have to sign on for that but it seems like it would be the thing to do for the players,  like I said,  just asking.  

That's why I said Friday or Saturday.  My guess is that they will move it to Saturday next week just in order to have 5 days of prep instead of 4?  Either way its a tough way to go for Honaker.  I really don't understand them not playing, having turf, I know you want to respect the fans, but if I'm Honaker I'm pushing to play so I'm not faced with the Raiders coming on 4 or 5 days prep.  Could be 2 losses for the Tigers.

The AD's and other school officials do what is in the best interest of every student, coach, and fan. Sometimes it doesn't set well with all involved, but that is their jobs, and 99% of the they do it very well. We can adjust our schedules, but the kids safety comes first in every case .Thanks folks for doing a tough job well.

Bland County at Montcalm ppd tonight. Will play Monday at 6

(Sorry, stubean should have quoted you...brain misfire :)

So Bland is going to have Montcalm on Monday and play at Narrows on Thursday?

Wonder if the Narrows game is now going to get push back to Saturday?