Abingdon @ Richlands; SWD Title Game

V-Cats

Falcon fans fail to remember the first time Blackenship touched the ball the refs blew a TD back on a holding call that was not even in the play. Refs were bad both ways. 

First 3 flags were against Richlands... but then again it is easy to forget when it is tough to say "Richlands was just better" 

Love how people complain about officiating when Richlands is always drawing phantom flags to call back touchdowns. Explain on the second series Abingdon had the ball the play started on the 41 after a richlands punt. Abingdon got to the 48 and got the first down. That's only 7 yards. Don't forget the refs walked the Falcons down the field for there first points.

That TD right before the half was absolutely ridiculous. I was standing in that corner on the area outside the field. The ref that was all the way across the end zone threw a late flag. The ref that was RIGHT THERE just signaled incomplete. The correct call because the AHS player never even touched the WR. Thats just one example.

Now, to show the class that Razor showed last year after AHS smoked RHS, yes, RHS best AHS and did so very well. Did the bad calls beat us? No, but they sure didn't help. Richlands is a very good team and I'm hoping that Razor will back me up on this.....I told Razor that the AHS d line was smaller than ideal. They have a ton of heart, just not a lot of size. Asbury had all day to throw and he did very well. I will say that I think Sturgill played lights out tonight. He had zero protection (yes, RHS has a great D) and if Reed or Colobro had called the pass to Yates down the sideline more than 2x then AHS would have scored more. Yates could abuse #3 and we called the play 2x.....one of which was conveniently called back due to a chop block. Richlands deserved the win.

Lastly, if you guys can claim that AHS beat you last year because you were "missing some players" then why is wrong for me to complain about refs? It's not. And I'm just glad my son graduated last year after beating RHS. Mance out coached Reed this year....maybe it will become "who ever plays at home wins" situation. Congrats to Richlands on the win.

Sorry, one more thought. I have no idea why Reed does that short kickoff crap. He does it all the time. The AHS kicker can kick it inside the 5 every time yet we want to give our opponent the ball at the freakin 45. Makes ZERO sense.

. The correct call because the AHS player never even touched the receiver.

My understanding was that he was called for face guarding....waving his hands in front of the receivers eyes while the ball was coming and not turning to make a play on the ball.

If anyone who reads this post and is at this game, if you disagree with this you are wrong. There have been HORRIBLE calls and HORRIBLE no calls. The refs just gave RHS a free TD. PERIOD. No way to debate that. Ridiculous.

Look who's making excuses now. Thought that was reserved for Richlands fans. That was a butt whooping.

They may be the case Parson.....because Reed coaches these kids to not look back to the ball. Seriously. But I heard the ref say PI. Naderfan, did you read my post???? If you all can claim you were missing people last year then ref blaming is perfectly okay. AHS whooped RHS ladt year too. So, pick your poison.....either we whipped you all last year fair and square or we can go the blame game route. What's your choice?

The RHS players knew it too....that's why they got the unsportsmanlike flag.....celebrating their free TD. Let the boys play. I have never been someone to blame refs but this is ridiculous.

Wow lets blame the refs for you guys losing by 35 points. Yes there was some motion on that play and one receiver was not set. But the TD was on the other side of the field. Not like they wouldn't have scored anyway. They scored at will. How about all those non calls for Abingdon holding #80 all night. How bout that penalty on the TD before half? All I seen was a kid kneel to pray. Excuses were reserved for Richlands I thought.

Didn't give Richlands enough points... But I was close! 56-21 Richlands with the JV boys finishing the 4th quarter. Props to Abingdon, the Sturgill kid is really good, just hasn't seen that kind of pressure this year...

I was very close. I predicted 55-24 in an earlier post.

They may be the case Parson.....because Reed coaches these kids to not look back to the ball. Seriously. But I heard the ref say PI.

That's because face guarding is pass interference. We all saw it and expected a flag.

That TD right before the half was absolutely ridiculous. I was standing in that corner on the area outside the field. The ref that was all the way across the end zone threw a late flag. The ref that was RIGHT THERE just signaled incomplete. The correct call because the AHS player never even touched the WR. Thats just one example.

Now, to show the class that Razor showed last year after AHS smoked RHS, yes, RHS best AHS and did so very well. Did the bad calls beat us? No, but they sure didn't help. Richlands is a very good team and I'm hoping that Razor will back me up on this.....I told Razor that the AHS d line was smaller than ideal. They have a ton of heart, just not a lot of size. Asbury had all day to throw and he did very well. I will say that I think Sturgill played lights out tonight. He had zero protection (yes, RHS has a great D) and if Reed or Colobro had called the pass to Yates down the sideline more than 2x then AHS would have scored more. Yates could abuse #3 and we called the play 2x.....one of which was conveniently called back due to a chop block. Richlands deserved the win.

Lastly, if you guys can claim that AHS beat you last year because you were "missing some players" then why is wrong for me to complain about refs? It's not. And I'm just glad my son graduated last year after beating RHS. Mance out coached Reed this year....maybe it will become "who ever plays at home wins" situation. Congrats to Richlands on the win.

Yes I agree the first didn't look like he was interfered with. But just one or two plays later, the same play, it definately looked like he was interfered with and not called.

Sturgill had zero protection because 56 and 54 rushed at him all night. He's a great quarterback and class act, but his o-line couldn't handle Richlands defense. By the way, 80 wasn't the only one getting held. It was a good game, but the excuses need to go. Don't disrespect your team by crying about the refs, they made bad calls both ways, but with the point difference, enough said. The better team won tonight

I'll give Sturgill credit for being tough as well as good, because he took a couple of hard hits tonight......especially on the sac by G Holmes, that was a BIG hit !

was very impressed with how fast Sturgill could get rid of the ball. The arm strength he displayed when he was going backwards trying to avoid the sack and got the completion. Made a few inaccurate throws but was expected with all the pressure.

They may be the case Parson.....because Reed coaches these kids to not look back to the ball. Seriously. But I heard the ref say PI. Naderfan, did you read my post???? If you all can claim you were missing people last year then ref blaming is perfectly okay. AHS whooped RHS ladt year too. So, pick your poison.....either we whipped you all last year fair and square or we can go the blame game route. What's your choice?

I never claimed that. Only statement I've ever made on that game was that Abingdon was knocking Michaels silly.