Mountain District Player of the Year

BigWinners

Your right and from what I'm hearing they're going back to 4 teams going to playoffs from each region. They'll end up being teams around here missing playoffs at 7-3 and teams out east making it in at 4-6 or 5-5.

I think Collier, Mullins, or Noaks would be fine choices. I wouldn't have a problem with any of them getting it. I know that offense gets all the glory and talk, but Rasnic for Lee has been outstanding on defense and should be in the discussion too.

I have no idea what criteria is used to determine COY, but if it is best regular season then Turner would deserve it hands down. However, if it is doing more with less or overachieving or exceeding expectations then Owens and Mullins should absolutely be in the discussion.

Central had its best regular season ever with Owens inheriting a 1-9 team and making it a 7-3 team in two years. And with the injuries and the slow start Mullins could possibly get a 6 win season for Ridgeview. As Central and Union both know, bringing two rival schools together is no easy feat.

Just my 2 cents.

You are crazy if you think that Turner's road hasn't been much easier than Owens' with what Turner had coming back. I'm not saying Travis isn't doing a solid job, but it was certainly expected and no shock. Owens on the other hand is

I'm not saying Turner's team was not better or he was not in better shape before the season, but with a win against Battle, how do you possibly not reward a coach for an undefeated season and a potential #1 ranking?

BW that's a good argument and if Travis won it, I wouldn't cut a rusty, but I counter with an argument that stems from what my coworker and Union supporter said to me a few weeks ago. He said that with a loaded team, it's more navigating than coaching. The kids at Union are seasoned and know what to do, so it's more fine tuning than teaching which is what a coach like Owens is having to do, so the question I pose is do you give to a coach who has the tools to do the expected and does so by winning the distric, or do you give it to the one who has really had to go all out, and has considerably less to work with, yet leads his squad that was picked 7th to a 2nd place finish? A legit argument can be made for both Travis and Luke

A lot of talent and good coaching in the MD. I think thats reflected in how close the district has been this year, well outside of Union and Battle and even Union had some trouble.

Imo an undefeated season means CotY. Regardless of how much improvement Central has shown

Noaks suspension kills him.,dalton as,a,sophomore does not help. Collier and rasnic both deserving. Just depends on the politics played at the meeting. Rasnic is not going to get any help from GC coaches. May not even make all conference. All depends on who knows,who and who wants who on the team and how badly they are willing to go to bat for their player. Tough to keep last year's all defensive player and second team all state off the all conference but very well could happen.

Noaks suspension kills him.,dalton as,a,sophomore does not help. Collier and rasnic both deserving. Just depends on the politics played at the meeting. Rasnic is not going to get any help from GC coaches. May not even make all conference. All depends on who knows,who and who wants who on the team and how badly they are willing to go to bat for their player. Tough to keep last year's all defensive player and second team all state off the all conference but very well could happen.

I sure hope not IMO the best LB in the district, best one I've seen this year richlands has got a good 1 also

Yeah I don't think the DPOY is even an argument, Rasnic is the best in the district. I have a bias for a couple Union kids, but they are younger and Rasnic is a senior and an absolute monster. The offensive POY and COY can be debated, DPOY cannot. 

And UC, I think you have to reward Turner this year because its not like his team was favored to go 9-0 at this point. Before the season, 8 wins was the benchmark. Going 10-0, with huge wins like Richlands and not slipping up in games against upset-minded teams like Central and GC, has to give Turner the edge.

But it means nothing if Union pulls a Union and goes out in the first two playoff rounds. There is no reason they should lose in round one, round two will be tougher but Union will be favored, anything after that is a toss up depending on the team you play. But Union's offense at times is not built for bad weather (although it is MUCH better at running the ball than people realize. You have two legit RBs, a QB, and two WRs capable of breaking any run for a TD) and has struggled to win playoff games. Turner has consistently gotten better every year as a head coach, you can see the improvements in every area of his team starting with simple things like clock management and working up to calling plays. Not saying he is perfect, there are times I question his decisions and management of the clock and stuff, but he is a MUCH better coach in 2015 than he was in 2012, he is getting better with the experience. 

The conference is absolutely loaded with great coaches, aside from two.

You folks are obviously watching some other Lee team play football. Are they broadcasting Lee county Florida on a local station?  Have you looked at the stats for Lee defense this year? 

I know that Lee has given up a lot of points in some games, but that doesn't diminish Rasnic's individual play. In fact, that just makes him stand out even more.