Beamer successor?

rvtne216

Like Fedora would give VT the time of day, LOL.  

Fedora's Texas or A&M bound (one of the worst-kept secrets in college football), whichever opens first.

Fedora/Chizik would solidify Texas with in-state recruiting, something that has been lacking for a decade.  Combine them with Oliver Luck as AD and the Horns could have the perfect storm brewing!

I don't see Fedora coming to Blacksburg though.  Seems like a lateral move to me.

Like Fedora would give VT the time of day, LOL.  

Fedora's Texas or A&M bound (one of the worst-kept secrets in college football), whichever opens first.

Which is exactly why Witt is going to hire someone no one but me (on TSL and here, if you get the hint) has mentioned...one of those "wow, I didn't see that coming" hires...

All I know is VT is a football school that typically has a good crowd that yells a lot...not a half full stadium when your team has only one loss and is ranked...12th man, so to speak...

Decided last night, after listening to a bunch of folks throughout the day yesterday, that not everyone at VT will be happy with anyone that Whit hires as the next HC. 

Made my head hurt.

All I know for certain is, the next HC is going to have his work cut out trying to bring the Hokie Nation together...

Decided last night, after listening to a bunch of folks throughout the day yesterday, that not everyone at VT will be happy with anyone that Whit hires as the next HC.

Made my head hurt.

All I know for certain is, the next HC is going to have his work cut out trying to bring the Hokie Nation together...

This. Everyone has "their guy" and they won't be happy unless Whit hires them.

I thought the crowd from TSL was divided but after hanging with a bunch of TKP loyalists yesterday, they are both venomously angry and divided...but that's not unexpected since most of them seem to be quite liberal in their politics too...

I honestly won't be surprised if several candidates for the head ball coach position at VT say "thanks, but not thanks"...VT could have to settle for someone further down the totem pole...

I am officially saying nothing is a sure thing at this point...

I was loving hearing folks Sat. trying to read tea leaves and assuming sites like 24/7 have magical insights.

I have no magical insights, I just know that this is a very uncertain, stressful time for all the Tech staff, including Babcock. Whit is a better poker player that a lot of ADs. 

The only one sleeping well right now is Frank.

Now, THIS is more in line with the "WOW! I didn't see that coming." hire that Whit will make...

https://www.seccountry.com/louisiana-state/five-potential-new-jobs-for-embattled-lsu-coach-les-miles

I could live with that as an opposing fan. Coach who chronically underachieves with elite talent, who recruits the marginal of the marginal, who is a bland offensive mind.