Beamer successor?

rvtne216

"FWIW, we've been told that the search is wide open. There is no predefined candidate, per a highly placed source at VT." Per Chris Coleman

This means, Whit has his man...signed, sealed, and delivered...I'd hate to play poker with Mr. Babcock...

"FWIW, we've been told that the search is wide open. There is no predefined candidate, per a highly placed source at VT." Per Chris Coleman

This means, Whit has his man...signed, sealed, and delivered...I'd hate to play poker with Mr. Babcock...

He's really good at his job.

I had a meeting at a project site yesterday afternoon.  A gentleman at this meeting from Illinois with ties to this area was holding court about how his "involvement within the upper echelon of Virginia Tech athletics permit him to be in the room during discussions of Mr. Beamer's replacement".  He felt "reasonable secure in stating with great pride that Mr. Babcock had secured a handshake agreement with Jim Harbaugh to be the next head football coach at Virginia Tech".

With that said, the guy is a full of shit as a Christmas goose!

I had a meeting at a project site yesterday afternoon.  A gentleman at this meeting from Illinois with ties to this area was holding court about how his "involvement within the upper echelon of Virginia Tech athletics permit him to be in the room during discussions of Mr. Beamer's replacement".  He felt "reasonable secure in stating with great pride that Mr. Babcock had secured a handshake agreement with Jim Harbaugh to be the next head football coach at Virginia Tech".

With that said, the guy is a full of shit as a Christmas goose!

Drugs make you say crazy things sometimes.

Or, so I've heard...

TCB (legit insider and has been for years) says "Foster staying on as DC regardless of who the new coach is."

This tells me two things...

1)  VT has a new head coach lined up already.

2)  He's smart enough to realize that Foster is one of the best in the business.

Watched SMU and Temple last night. I am not a VT fan but if Morris is the choice, it will be fun to see what that offense can do paired with Fosters defense.

Temple defense is not joke and SMU moved the ball at will.

Could see it being Chad Morris...I think he probably enjoyed his time in the ACC at Clemson.

I'll  throw another name in the mix...Todd Grantham, Louisville DC.  Local guy, from Pulaski, a coach at VT early in his career...NFL resume...a couple of other colleges on his resume besides Louisville... Michigan St and GA.  I'm sure, he personally knows and appreciates the defensive style of Bud Foster and what he's meant to VT. So, I think, a reason why he would have no problem having Foster as his DC...same position currently held by Grantham... we  know the ole saying 'defense' wins games.  Both have fiery personalities... can they co-exist?

Beamer being a local guy had strong feelings for VT and stayed loyal even at the height of his success ...can another local guy duplicate what Frank has done for VT?

Chad Morris!

Yep, after thinking about it...I believe you could be right...of course, Rich Rod is also known for his offensive gaming. 

My reason for thinking Rich Rod...he's more local...Morris is from TX.  If Morris is successful at VT and bigger TX schools come calling...??? Of course, I guess, that's the chance any AD has to take if they've targeted a specific individual and he is successful.