Beamer successor?

rvtne216

Dan Mullen seems to be the new flavor this week. I'd be more than happy with that hire. Made MSU relevant. Can develop a QB (Lawson), has recruited very well at a school with little to no tradition, seems like he and his family are great people. Make it happen Whit!!

I believe if Mullen goes somewhere right now, I think it would be USC.  Helton has done a good job as interim so far, but if they lose to UCLA he doesnt stand a chance.  If Mullen finishes with a win the Egg Bowl, I think Haden makes a run at him.

per friends in Louisiana, Les Miles heading to Blacksburg, That and $5.50 will get you a big Pal and fries.

(YES! i have friends....)

LSU running off a coach with 110-32 record is nuts to me, boosters willing to pay the $12-$15 million buyout.

I just want to see a better offensive product at VT.

per friends in Louisiana, Les Miles heading to Blacksburg, That and $5.50 will get you a big Pal and fries.

(YES! i have friends....)

LSU running off a coach with 110-32 record is nuts to me, boosters willing to pay the $12-$15 million buyout.

I just want to see a better offensive product at VT.

Then Les Miles is not your coach.

http://www.richmond.com/sports/college/football/article_02457e75-314c-5497-ba79-8b8404f2c832.html

Some perspective on the others affected by a coaching change.

But here's the thing...

If they are good at what they do, then they shouldn't have any worries, someone will pick them up...............if they aren't good at what they do, that's when they need to start worrying about next season...

No arguments there, it is just good to remember that these changes do also impact wives and kids.

Wives know what they are buying into, the kids don't get a choice.

That is where the longevity for Beamer and his assistants creates a different dynamic than you usually see in coaching changes.

Cmon, Dan Mullen is not leaving MSU for VT, that is silly. MSU as a program is ahead of VT at this point and Mullen is a hot commodity, he could have coached at Florida if he wanted. VTs a good job, not a great job, but with three SEC schools that have won division titles in the past five years having openings, I could see Tech having to poach a coach from a small school and hope he is Hugh Freeze.

Guys like Tom Herman (hearing South Carolina), Miles, Cristobal (hearing Miami), are all lining up, it always comes down to money for most of those guys.

How much is VT willing to spend? I honestly don't know.

Not sure how I missed this one the other day from one of the TSL "insiders"...

Yeah - I did - it's now in the 1% range - Fuente, RR, Morris - Forgot about them

It'll either be Herman, Mullen, Richt or Patterson from what I know - if it's not one of those 4 I'll be stunned

Cmon, Dan Mullen is not leaving MSU for VT, that is silly. MSU as a program is ahead of VT at this point and Mullen is a hot commodity, he could have coached at Florida if he wanted. VTs a good job, not a great job, but with three SEC schools that have won division titles in the past five years having openings, I could see Tech having to poach a coach from a small school and hope he is Hugh Freeze.

Guys like Tom Herman (hearing South Carolina), Miles, Cristobal (hearing Miami), are all lining up, it always comes down to money for most of those guys.

How much is VT willing to spend? I honestly don't know.

But think about this, unless youre Alabama then youre not going to win the SEC more than 1-2 times a decade right? Thats maybe 3-4 shots at the playoffs and a National Title. Get VT back to where the program was in the late 90s-late 00s and your chances at being a playoff team are pretty good(every 2-3 years). In the SEC, be one of 8-9 good teams and maybe not even make the Conference Title game or be in the ACC and be a playoff team regularly