Ridgeview?

Hokiebird7

They got banged up a bit tonight versus Honaker. Ryan Turner their good RB left with a hand injury. Others were hurt too. They are playing with more confidence than in early season having won 5 straight games. Good run defense. Would not overlook this team .

Their top 2 RBs got banged up. Turner an arm injury and idk what happened to th backup but he went out early and didnt come back. I dont think either is serious. 

Rvs strength on Offense is the run with enough passing game to keep the D off balance. Defensively the Wolfpack show flashes of being VERY GOOD, and flashes of being VERY average.

I assume youre asking because Rv is playing Giles?

Ridgeview is on a 5 game win streak but I do believe that streak will come to an end next week. Great to see that program have success in the 2nd half of their season but taking out the Spartans is no easy task. I consider Giles a sleeper, because majority are saying that Union,Appo,or Richlands will take it all. I wouldn't say that Giles is better than those teams, but I do think that they could pull off an upset over 2 of those 3. They are one of those teams that coaches hate to have to prepare for because they have to completely change up their defensive formation. Which is why I love getting the chance to watch them play because they run the single wing to almost perfection.

Completely changing your D is a huge mistake but it does have to be tweaked. The "key"(other than following your keys) is the strongside DT and DE HAVE GOT TO HOLD THEIR GROUND. Their role is to eat up blocks, hold the los and let the LBs read their blocking keys to make tackles. Backside DE and OLB play is also important, if they can get big plays from the Counter/Reverse they are tough to stop.

Last time Haysi played them we played our best DE on the weakside to stop the counter, and it worked. We couldnt stop the TB Lead, HB Lead, TB Sweep, HB Buck or TB Buck Sweep but we stopped the Reverse. Im very curious as to how Mullins and Grant will approach stopping the 'Wing.  I know what I would do but have no idea what they will do. I saw a Stephen Peoples highlight video from a few years back that had him making all kinds of tackles from the Safety spot. Idk that Rv has a player that can play like that but I lik the concept. 

Giles is absolutely a sleeper. Very overlooked team. Glenvar is the defending state champion and Giles gave them all they wanted. They may be#6 but they are every bit as good as the top teams

The trip is right at 3 hours. 

There are a bunch of reasons I hope the game is on Friday.

So whats the dirt on Giles?  I know Singlewing and all that comes with that but what are their strengths, weaknesses, best players, etc? 

If it's over 3 hours, the visiting school decides weather to play Friday or Saturday.

Yeah but that's just a plain out stupid rule....first the way the playoffs are set up now it's stupid as hell...too many teams but if they are going to do it this way and i'm sure they are because of more teams = more money then no way should the road team EVER have a say so in when game is played....Home team has EARNED the right IMO to decide when the game is played....but that's just my opinion

Their top 2 RBs got banged up. Turner an arm injury and idk what happened to th backup but he went out early and didnt come back. I dont think either is serious. 

Rvs strength on Offense is the run with enough passing game to keep the D off balance. Defensively the Wolfpack show flashes of being VERY GOOD, and flashes of being VERY average.

I assume youre asking because Rv is playing Giles?

Yeah that's why i'm asking

Yeah but that's just a plain out stupid rule....first the way the playoffs are set up now it's stupid as hell...too many teams but if they are going to do it this way and i'm sure they are because of more teams = more money then no way should the road team EVER have a say so in when game is played....Home team has EARNED the right IMO to decide when the game is played....but that's just my opinion

I like the rule. If it's a 4 1/2 hour drive, like Lee to Appomattox, if you play that on Friday, the players have to miss over half a day of school, ride 4 1/2 hours there, play a game that will last until 9:30-10, the ride 4 1/2 hours back. That's a little much to ask of a kid, to me anyways.

I like the rule. If it's a 4 1/2 hour drive, like Lee to Appomattox, if you play that on Friday, the players have to miss over half a day of school, ride 4 1/2 hours there, play a game that will last until 9:30-10, the ride 4 1/2 hours back. That's a little much to ask of a kid, to me anyways.

True but i don't like the fact that the higher seed has earned the right to play at home and should get final say-so on game time also.

Like most things you can't make everyone happy I guess lol

I see what you did there.

You can also gather we win and lose with class except for one time when the other team on purpose embarrassed our kids....can't say all teams win and lose with class....cause there was a team that no longer exists that can't.

Ok dip shit lets end this now before it goes into another 10 pages of back and forth crap....you won't ever change my mind on it and the PV people won't either...so it ends here