Buckingham @ Richlands

Ryan4VT

Was it me or did Buckingham panic to early in the 3rd? I thought they went away with what they were comfortable with way to early and gave all the momentum to the blues. Ragland didn't line up in the backfield hardly any in the 3rd quarter. Kinda made me wonder. Glad the blues won and are moving on!!

They didn't panic, they got winded.  Knowing that they only had about 30 players, I assume most of the starters play iron man.  The goal line stand before half-time flipped the momentum and I felt changed the game.  Once Buckingham got behind, they vacated their comfort zone and started trying to weave some passes and different formations in the game.  The coaching staff also made some tremendous coaching adjustments.  Kudos to them.

I am glad that Richlands won by more than one point.  I thought (as did all around me) that the extra point by Buckingham was good.  I think the officials fell asleep.  I thought the officials did not do a good job of stream lining the game.  It was not a smoothly officiated game.

Had a great time over at Ernie tonight. Thanks Razor for everything, thanks Ryan for the company. Oldblue51 I assume you were a seat to my left? Great to meet ya.

I was real impressed with Ragland, great ball player and I agree Buck Co panicked. Imo they needed to find a way to get Ragland the ball in space(lining him up as the only WR was not the way) but I'm glad they didn't.

Richlands passes the eye test and looks like a legit state title team: size, talent, skill and composure. They had opportunities to cave in and didn't, they held it together and came out on top.

I'm real excited for the next few weeks, gonna be some good football played!

As a Richlands fan, I'm glad Buckingham "panicked" once we got up 28-20. Would rather see Ragland split wide and doubled than coming out of the backfield!!! Great game Blues!!! Off to Appomattox Saturday!!!!

Good game. Had supper at the Bearded Moose. We both got the smoked Gouda burger. The Mrs. got the Moose Track fries while I got the chili cheese tots. I liked MT fries more, as the tots were a little soggy. Would definitely eat there again. As for the game, yeah, the goal line stand at the end of the half changed the game. Ragland looked like he hesitated on that run and it cost him. Great adjustments by the Richlands staff at the half. They completely shut down CBC in the 2nd half and took advantage of some great early 2nd half field position. When they score that last TD to go up 35-20 late in the 3rd, I told my wife that it was over. I'll give BC credit though, they were a scrappy bunch. They didn't bring many fans, but the ones that came were loud.