Richlands/Union- Round 2

Ryan4VT

That's a solid win. I thought Abingdon looked really good at GC the last time they played. Is the Richlands/Graham game rescheduled?

No. We offered to play it Saturday and their response was "No. It doesn't make a difference if it's played or not."

No. We offered to play it Saturday and their response was "No. It doesn't make a difference if it's played or not."

How does it not make a difference? I feel like it should be played no matter what. You would think both teams would want to play this game......two good teams trying to get better for the post season. Stiff competition this late in the season will only make you better.... Barring injuries.

How does it not make a difference? I feel like it should be played no matter what. You would think both teams would want to play this game......two good teams trying to get better for the post season. Stiff competition this late in the season will only make you better.... Barring injuries.

We offered. They refused. Oh well, a rematch in the SEC is inevitable, and we will have Scottie this go around. It will be a must watch game in the area.

There's already a large Twitter war going on between the schools students and some players. Will make for a great atmosphere.

Edit: In an odd turn of events, it seems Unions players have seen the banter and have decided to take Richlands side in the matter. One of their players is going to war with a Graham player.

Twitter is a wonderful thing.

We offered. They refused. Oh well, a rematch in the SEC is inevitable, and we will have Scottie this go around. It will be a must watch game in the area.

There's already a large Twitter war going on between the schools students and some players. Will make for a great atmosphere.

Edit: In an odd turn of events, it seems Unions players have seen the banter and have decided to take Richlands side in the matter. One of their players is going to war with a Graham player.

Twitter is a wonderful thing.

Might try to catch the rematch of these two providing GC isn't playing Union again on the same day....which is another rematch which is almost inevitable as well.

I like to watch a good ol fashioned rivalry matchup that's chippy before it even starts. Can get real interesting in a hurry!

Might try to catch the rematch of these two providing GC isn't playing Union again on the same day....which is another rematch which is almost inevitable as well.

I like to watch a good ol fashioned rivalry matchup that's chippy before it even starts. Can get real interesting in a hurry!

It's for sure chippy already.

Saw one Graham player say they couldn't come Saturday because "we don't have money to waste gas like that." Gotta love high school player logic lol

It does make a difference and it SHOULD be played. 

Truth is, Graham didn't want to play because they didn't want to risk losing the #1 seed in the SEC.  That's all there is to it, plain and simple...

It's for sure chippy already.

Saw one Graham player say they couldn't come Saturday because "we don't have money to waste gas like that." Gotta love high school player logic lol

Back in my day you had to leave MySpace picture comments if you wanted to talk trash. These teenagers now have it made

Back in my day you had to leave MySpace picture comments if you wanted to talk trash. These teenagers now have it made

Back in my day, the only way you could trash talk was if you saw them face-to-face at the Mall or City Park....crazy how times have changed...

It really don't matter who is the number 1 seed or who would win this game if it was played....with the postseason just around the corner  Martinsville is sitting back saying to themselves do we really care 

Truth is, Graham didn't want to play because they didn't want to risk losing the #1 seed in the SEC. That's all there is to it, plain and simple...

Exactly. Didn't wanna take the chance of losing that top seed. Seems a bit cowardly to me, but it is what it is. We will play in the tournament lol

It really don't matter who is the number 1 seed or who would win this game if it was played....with the postseason just around the corner Martinsville is sitting back saying to themselves do we really care

That may be the truth, but it should still be played so that it's fair to all teams.

I heard that Graham would have had to lose to VA High last night in order for the 2nd Graham/Richlands to mean anything.

That being said, I sure wanted to see Richlands play Graham at full strength before SEC tourney

I heard that Graham would have had to lose to VA High last night in order for the 2nd Graham/Richlands to mean anything.

That being said, I sure wanted to see Richlands play Graham at full strength before SEC tourney

How is the seed determined? SEC record, or overall? They are 16-2, we are 14-4. They are undefeated in SEC play, we have 1 loss. So if it goes by overall record, then last night locked it up I suppose, if it goes to SEC record, then the second game would mean everything.

Honestly, I am not sure how it is determined. If it goes by conference record and we were to play and beat Graham, we would be tied in conference and I guess overall would be tiebreaker. I guess is why the va high win guaranteed them the #1 seed

Truth is, Graham didn't want to play because they didn't want to risk losing the #1 seed in the SEC. That's all there is to it, plain and simple...

IF Graham would have lost the game would have been played. Graham won and were up 2 games on Richland's. The outcome would not matter. I side with Grahams A.D. and coach on this. Why risk injury when you have the #1 seed locked up? Richland's should have taken care of business in their other games and they would have nothing to complain about. Not having Scottie Ball in the first contest is no excuse. . . nobody at Graham caused that situation.. Win and you will get another shot at them. It would be foolish to play that game for both teams.

Honestly, I am not sure how it is determined. If it goes by conference record and we were to play and beat Graham, we would be tied in conference and I guess overall would be tiebreaker. I guess is why the va high win guaranteed them the #1 seed

The win over Virginia High gave them a two game lead...

So basically, because Richlands got shafted out of playing VHS on Wednesday, Graham is going to get the gift of not having to return the favor and play us on our home court this year?

It seems like a real backhanded and cowardly way to win the title to me. Even if Richlands couldn't catch up, we were willing to play the game tomorrow. Why wasn't Graham? 

I'm with GMan on this one.