Battle @ GC

RiverRat24

Battle was up 23-9 with 3-4 mins left in the 1st period. GC responded pretty quick and are now up 55-43 at halftime. The Devils just can't get anything going consistently from game to game and as evidenced by the score in this one.. their defense has been putrid. If they don't get their head out of their butt it will be a short post season. Not taking anything away from Battle....they are a pretty solid team this year.

Final: GC wins 100-78.

Barnes tallied 32, McClung had 22, Qualls 18, and Ervin had 12. Solid night on the offensive side of the ball after a slow 1st period....but still played some pretty slouchy defense allowing almost 80 pts.

And Gate City fans are making a run at taking the title back from Union....

Your team won by 22 and scored 100 points in the process...STHU...

If you worried about Graham or whoever it is you root for half as much as you do with what goes on with GC or Union....you'd be one hellacious fan. Instead your insufferable and simply put just a miserable human being.

Do the world a favor.....pull your bottom lip up over your head and swallow!

And Gate City fans are making a run at taking the title back from Union....

Your team won by 22 and scored 100 points in the process...STHU...

Yeah................that is a pretty uncalled for response. 

We did play some pretty sloppy defense at times. RiverRat was just being honest. Thought most people on this board would appreciate an honest assessment. 

Would it have been better if RR had given a "GC rolled tonight. Looked great. Best team in the state" response?  Some people on this board would have castrated him for that. 

Wow.....the man made a statement about our defense, which is the truth. If they don't clamp down on the defensive end, we'll run into major trouble in the post season. I'm confused as to how that was getting out of line. I've been a member of this board since almost the beginning, but I'll calmly ban myself. There was no call for that. Good luck!

So let's recap the last month. GC fans post positively about their team. People get mad saying we called GC "God's gift to SWVA basketball." GC fan posts something negative about their team and gets told to "STHU." Go ahead and do what you want and make it a SWD board. Just be honest about it and say you don't want GC fans here. That's fine. I'm with Quincy, I'll ban myself.

gets told to "STHU."

No, that went to all the whiny fans from Gate City and Union...you know, the one's who bitch about everything even when their team beats the hell out of the other team.

And, as UVAO said, don't like it??? Leave...

I run this board how I want to run this board.  I don't care what fan base you are from...win with class, lose with class.  Simple rule.  Don't make excuses why your team didn't win by 25 when they won by 22 and you put a Benny on their head to boot.

If you can't follow that rule, I can help you out...

No, that went to all the whiny fans from Gate City and Union...you know, the one's who bitch about everything even when their team beats the hell out of the other team.

And, as UVAO said, don't like it??? Leave...

I run this board how I want to run this board. I don't care what fan base you are from...win with class, lose with class. Simple rule. Don't make excuses why your team didn't win by 25 when they won by 22 and you put a Benny on their head to boot.

If you can't follow that rule, I can help you out...

Sorry us GC folks have high expectations unlike Graham.

So let's recap the last month. GC fans post positively about their team. People get mad saying we called GC "God's gift to SWVA basketball." GC fan posts something negative about their team and gets told to "STHU." Go ahead and do what you want and make it a SWD board. Just be honest about it and say you don't want GC fans here. That's fine. I'm with Quincy, I'll ban myself.

That's my comment!

I'm not mad. Not in the least. But the fine folks from Conference 40 tend to vastly overrate their teams, when it's far more likely they'll go 0-2-BBQ when it's time to play that conference that doesn't beat its chest at every opportunity.

It would be funny if it were not so sad.  Most GC posters just do not see the folly of their ways. 

Bob.................didn't you post something a few weeks ago about GC playing undisciplined? I agreed with you and said we do tend to play sloppy at times. River posts essentially the same thing, and somehow it is wrong. 

I don't know how many people who have posted on this thread were actually at the GC-Battle game. If you were not there, not sure how you can make any kind of assessment on how GC played. I was there. Does not matter if we scored 120 points or won by 37..........we still played sloppy at times. Was almost like an NBA All Star Game......ONLY in the sense that AT TIMES we seemed OK with letting Battle score and were more focused on getting the ball up the court quickly and trying to score. As River pointed out, we can get away with that against some teams on some nights down here. Will no doubt hurt us in the postseason. 

I can easily see us getting hot and winning a few games in the postseason. However, I can also easily see us losing the first game. Neither would surprise me.