GW vs Marion

02GW12

GW by 3 tds at least. Too much size and speed for Marion. GW is my pick for 1A State Champs right now

I think so to and it's no disrespect to them. GW should just have to much for them. I don't think the run game will be there for them. So they will have to air it out all night if they can keep us out of the backfield.

I have not seen GW play yet, but I have seen Marion. I will say Marion just may be the

Most improved team in SWVA. I know their schedule thus far has been weak, but I was impressed

With Marion's play. They run their offense very well, with some size and quickness. They have

Several skill players who are tough. Their backs run hard, and their passing game is pretty

Darn good.

Their Defense is solid, and their Coaching is always solid too. Don't sell Canes short this

Year. GW will flood the field with athletes as usual, but Marion just may surprise. I am not

Saying the Canes will pull an upset, but it might be closer than most think.

Walker Nowers will do a great job at QB. The Maroons will rally around him. That's what good teams do.

Yes he will and the team will have his back. Plus with Walker at QB it gives us more speed in the backfield. Don't get me wrong Deacon can run but Walker is a step up in speed.

what is wrong with the Beamer kid?

Concussion-like symptoms but he has been at practice taking reps with 1st team. But right now it's 50/50 weather he plays this week. But we have a really good backup in Walker Nowers who has a cannon and is very fast.

Prayers that it isn't a concussion.

I think it was more of a precaution to take him out of the game. Plus we had a 40 point lead at the time. From what I'm hearing he is taking 1st team reps.

Hopefully it's nothing serious. That young man can play some football.

If history has taught us anything, if this game is competitive, it will be low scoring and defensive, and I have a feeling it will be again. I get a feeling that a big play on defense or special teams will be the difference in the game.

2011 GW-52 Marion-13

2012 GW-17 Marion-14

2013 GW-27 Marion-20

2014 Marion-14 GW-6

2015 GW-57 Marion-20

3 out of the last 5 has been a td or less so this game has the potential to be a fun one. And I'm hearing good things about Deacon he is doing well and it doesn't seem to be serious. But it's not 100% that he will play Friday. If he doesn't it's simply to air on the side of caution. His and any other young man's health is more important than a football game.