Glenvar @ Giles

nrv_football

Giles has lost the last 3 meetings. Who wins? Thoughts...

I personally think Giles gets the win this year. Giles has stumbled in the red zone with turnovers and penalties. If they correct those mistakes this is a pretty good football team.

It should be a tough game. Glenvar doesn't have the athletes they had last year to stop the single wing but Giles doesn't have the athletes to perfect the single wing. I don't see Giles scoring many points so the pressure will be on the defense again. Giles wins by a td.

Glenvar is not the same team they were earlier in the year also....all the suspended players have been back for a couple week. The Mullins kid at QB is very dangerous and they now know they can beat us so like in years past it's not in their heads that they can't beat us. Because they now have...3 straight times too.

Coach Clifford does a great job and will have his team ready as will coach Williams as well...should be another good Giles-Glenvar matchup.

Giles HAS to start holding on to the ball...May have cost us the game last night but again Galax is a very very good team and deserved the win.

And a note to some(not all) of the Spartans fan base.....You guys need to listen to something Aaron Rodgers said last year and just R-E-L-A-X.....In the last 2 weeks we have lost to 2 pretty damn good football teams...one is unbeaten and the other very well could be unbeaten....one is the defending state champs and both have a shot to win it this year.....it's not like we have lost to 2 teams that will finish 2-8.

Every smart Spartan fan knew this year would be a rebuilding year and if Coach Williams and staff can get this team to 8-2 they have done a hell of a job IMO....Two of our best players injured(1 is out and the other can only play one way)....you can't rebound from that in D2 or D1 especially against very good teams...A LOT and I mean A LOT of youth on the field right now....Kids are fighting and just figure out just yet how to close games against very good competition...it will come people just R-E-L-A-X and support these kids...they are doing everything they can to win, just hasn't went our way the last couple games.

Come out and get a win against a good Glenvar team and finish out the regular season strong and see what happens in the playoffs....remember Galax was 1-4 after we beat them last year......did pretty well after that and haven't lost since

I think Giles has played very well considering the injuries and youth. If they minimize the turnovers and correct the red zone mistakes they could go deep in the playoffs. I do believe they will beat Glenvar this time. Something tells me they will be ready to roll.

I think Giles has played very well considering the injuries and youth. If they minimize the turnovers and correct the red zone mistakes they could go deep in the playoffs. I do believe they will beat Glenvar this time. Something tells me they will be ready to roll.

7+ stalled drives in the opponents territory is back breaking for last 2 games. They need to stay aggressive throughout the whole drive. I think that is the reason they are 3-2 and not 5-0. Still proud of how they are playing thus far. They've proved that they can hang with the best of the best

7+ stalled drives in the opponents territory is back breaking for last 2 games. They need to stay aggressive throughout the whole drive. I think that is the reason they are 3-2 and not 5-0. Still proud of how they are playing thus far. They've proved that they can hang with the best of the best

That they have.

I just seen on Facebook where Giles is hosting a hotdog dinner before the game Friday to raise money for a former Glenvar football player who is battling testicular cancer. That is truly amazing. One would not expect a school to do such for another school that is more than an hour away. That's why I am proud to call myself a Spartan. Rivals on the field, but friends at heart. That just shows how much respect these schools have for one another despite their history of sports.

Giles has played well as usual being a team and community of pride. Losing to Graham and Galax is nothing to hang ones head over as these are two quality teams. Giles is at the top of my favorite places to watch a high school football game. I see them winning this one in front of a rowdy home crowd. 

Note to anyone coming to the Glenvar at Giles game tomorrow night....there will be a hot dog fundraiser in the cafeteria starting at 5:00 with all the proceeds going to Quinton Alls....He played for Glenvar last year and was diagnosed with cancer. One of the families here in Giles came up with this idea and all the money raised will be presented to his family after the game I believe.

Come out and support and great football player from Glenvar that is in a real battle now....we are rivals on the field for sure but this is so much more important than a football game.

Prayers out to Mr Alls

This is what happens when your best back is out for the season. Without Chapman opposing teams are now able to just key on Beidleman I think that is what is hurting them. In the earlier games you had to keep check on both backs but now they can key on our 2nd best back

Note to anyone coming to the Glenvar at Giles game tomorrow night....there will be a hot dog fundraiser in the cafeteria starting at 5:00 with all the proceeds going to Quinton Alls....He played for Glenvar last year and was diagnosed with cancer. One of the families here in Giles came up with this idea and all the money raised will be presented to his family after the game I believe.

Come out and support and great football player from Glenvar that is in a real battle now....we are rivals on the field for sure but this is so much more important than a football game.

Prayers out to Mr Alls

Awesome GILES...Awesome!!!

Shout out to Giles who raised over $2000 for Glenvar's Quentin Alls # class