Projections/Scenarios for 2016 Playoff Pairings

Union_Fan

Union_Fan if Marion upsets Abingdon and martinsville wins would Giles be 9th and Glenvar 8th?

Under that scenario, 6-10 would look something like this.

6.) Marion       8-2   237   23.7  *With Tazewell over Lebanon. 235 pts with Lebanon over Tazewell
7.) Glenvar      8-2   235   23.5
8.) Martinsville 7-3   228   22.8
9.) Giles           7-3   227   22.7
10.) Grundy     7-3   212   21.2

Same scenario with Floyd upsetting Glenvar.

6.) Marion        8-2  237   23.7  *With Tazewell over Lebanon. 235 pts with Lebanon over Tazewell
7.) Martinsville 7-3  230   23
8.) Giles           7-3  228   22.8
9.) Glenvar      7-3   218  21.8
10.) Grundy     7-3   212  21.2

Is it just me, or does everyone else love checking the scores and going back to look on the message boards during that last Friday night trying to figure out who is going to face who the next week?

It's nice that GC is open, so we just get to pick a game of interest to go watch (stress free for the most part), follow some games on Twitter, and just watch the whole playoff picture develop.

Union at Battle should be a goods game, prob worth your time to make e trip over there.

But would you rather see that than Richlands/Union: Seven?

Tough choice... but if both were played on the same day, I would go to the one that was closer, which would be Abingdon for me.

It'd be nice if they played some of these games on Friday and Saturday, so I could go to two in one weekend.  Lol.

Tough choice... but if both were played on the same day, I would go to the one that was closer, which would be Abingdon for me.

It'd be nice if they played some of these games on Friday and Saturday, so I could go to two in one weekend.  Lol.

You're crazy lol, and no disrespect to the other schools in the area, but 13 total points separate the two in 6 meetings, three straight overtime games, three straight games ending on the last play. There is literally no better series in the state over the past 6 years. 

You're crazy lol, and no disrespect to the other schools in the area, but 13 total points separate the two in 6 meetings, three straight overtime games, three straight games ending on the last play. There is literally no better series in the state over the past 6 years. 

Don't get the chance to see 3A teams often.  I've seen Union and Richlands both this year.  Lol.

I was getting ready to post the exact same thing.

Yeah, I would have liked to gone to the 3A/4A title games this year since I went to 1A/2A last year.  But, they moved the 3A/4A games out of Lynchburg because liberals and hatred of guns BS.  So, whoever Abingdon plays the second round, that's the game I'll go see.

Union_Fan.... Where will Battle be traveling to next week? I just wanted to get an idea so I can let work know if I'll be leaving early Friday and/or coming in late on Saturday. Can't miss my Son getting to play in a playoff game.

Union_Fan.... Where will Battle be traveling to next week? I just wanted to get an idea so I can let work know if I'll be leaving early Friday and/or coming in late on Saturday. Can't miss my Son getting to play in a playoff game.

If everything plays out like it should, barring any crazy upsets, Battle will probably be going to Richlands.

And I agree with you. You have the rest of your life to work. Don't miss a single down.

If everything plays out like it should, barring any crazy upsets, Battle will probably be going to Richlands.

And I agree with you. You have the rest of your life to work. Don't miss a single down.

I'm hoping that it is somewhat local like that.

I don't think we will know for sure until Friday night, but like Larry said, possibly Richlands. Could also be Appomattox or Dan River. I'm afraid that there's too much that could happen to make a prediction on that.

I don't think we will know for sure until Friday night, but like Larry said, possibly Richlands. Could also be Appomattox or Dan River. I'm afraid that there's too much that could happen to make a prediction on that.

Keeping my fingers crossed. Of course I'll go anywhere they go. We had to go all the way up to Essex 4years ago just to watch my Daughter cheer. But hopefully it will be close.

Keeping my fingers crossed. Of course I'll go anywhere they go. We had to go all the way up to Essex 4years ago just to watch my Daughter cheer. But hopefully it will be close.

Too bad that you didn't get to play them 20 miles or so closer like we did a couple of years ago... Lol.  I just hope Ridgeview can make it someway.  I figure IF we do, I'll have to make the long journey to Appomattox... but I'll do it.

If it IS someone like Dan River or Appomattox, isn't there a rule in place that IF so many miles separate two playoff opponents, then the game must be played on a Saturday?

Too bad that you didn't get to play them 20 miles or so closer like we did a couple of years ago... Lol. I just hope Ridgeview can make it someway. I figure IF we do, I'll have to make the long journey to Appomattox... but I'll do it.

If it IS someone like Dan River or Appomattox, isn't there a rule in place that IF so many miles separate two playoff opponents, then the game must be played on a Saturday?

I think it's an hour thing. I believe if the game is over 4 hours by bus, it must be on Saturday. Anything below is up to the home team.

We had to travel to Broadway 2 years ago and that's more than 4 hours...ugh, trust me. But I believe that was reeds choice, like Ryan said. Wanted to play on Friday for symmetry reasons. It was colder than a witches tit in a brass bra doing push ups in the snow.

We had to travel to Broadway 2 years ago and that's more than 4 hours...ugh, trust me. But I believe that was reeds choice, like Ryan said. Wanted to play on Friday for symmetry reasons. It was colder than a witches tit in a brass bra doing push ups in the snow.

The trip counter on my car read 265 miles for the Broadway trip.  That was a long Friday trip as my wife and I drove back after the game.  Hopefully the Falcons can obtain a top 4 seed.  Can't help but think that it is a little advantage for us to play at home.  Except Blacksburg, there really aren't any short drives to Abingdon from potential opponents.

kinda. It's a rule that can be NOT used. Grundy went to Appo 4 years ago on a Friday because coach didn't want to break the routine (plus, it was a lot easier to leave from school than try and get everyone out on a Sat. morning,)