A. C. Higgins' Reviews and Picks

ghos88t

Looks like the best high football is being played this year in Our beloved Washington Co. Our fine teams posted a 3 - 1 record last weekend. Holston, John Battle, and of course our beloved Falcons all won. However, we had a small stumble at The Glade. Lebanon won the Russell Co. Cow Chip Trophy. Hurley is one victory from winning The Outhouse District Trophy. Union is rolling as expected. Richlands played the 2nd and 3rd strings most of the game at Grundy while they rested most of the 1st team for this Friday. They'll need more than rest for this game when journey to our beloved Washington Co. To play our beloved Falcons.

The big game in a moment, first:

Ridge view at Marion

I must say that our Smyth Co. Neighbors surprised me, and the rest of Washington Co., especially the good people of The Glade. The Canes may be a little better than most people expected this year. However, look for the Hurricanes to blow the Ridge View Wolves back to their strip job. I have never understood the name for this high school. In my opinion, they should have called it Strip Job High School with the nickname being The End Loaders. Maybe they should have called it Shanghi Nichols High after a good friend of Steve Curran and John Sabo.

Union at Eastside:

This one will be over quickly. This game could get very ugly. I thought I should start recognizing Union High, since we be in the same district and playing each other next year. We will get to show Richlands how to cage these Bears next year.

John Battle at Gate City:

The Blue Devils have awaken. General Stone and his Cadets know that a tough battle awaits them this Friday Night when they venture into The Devil's Den. However, look for General Stone to lead the Washington Co. Cadets to a very close victory.

Va High at Lebanon:

The Pioneers, winners of the Russell Co. Cow Chip Trophy, will have very, very little to celebrate after this Friday Night. The Bearcats are fired up after past Friday beat down by our beloved Falcons.

Look for these Cats to claw up this bunch of leather wearers. Sorry, all Barn Dances for this weekend have been cancelled.

Grundy at Tazewell:

Poor, Poor Grundy. The Illegal Immigrants into our beloved Washington Co. from Bu-chan-an Co. Have their heads hanging very, very low After last week's beat down by the Richlands 2nd and 3rd stringers. (This is what happens when you play a weak schedule.). However, word on the street, is that Grundy will travel to Tazewell to kick a bunch of sleeping dogs and bring home a BIG WIIN. However, all they'll succeed in doing is awaken a very angry Bulldog. These Bulldogs will end up playing like a bunch of Pit Bulldogs and send Grundy back to Bu-chan-an Co. with their tails tucked between their legs. Remember what they say about sleeping dogs, leave them alone.

NOW FOR THE GAME

Richlands and Abingdon:

What can I say about this game. This is the game that all football fans in SWVA have been looking forward to, as well as football fans west of Roanoke and most of the Commonwealth of Virginia (even NE TENN). They have good receivers, so do we. They have a good QB, except we have a great QB who cannot only throw the ball, but can also run the ball. They have so-so running backs, our running backs are much better. So come and watch our beloved Falcons fly away in the 4th quarter with a win and a SWD Championship. It'll be a long, long, long ride back to Richlands for The Little Blues. Matter of fact, they'll be crying the blues instead of singing the blues. Oh, better come early for this.

Until next week.

Alcohol and computers shouldn't be allowed in the same room together. This is just another: "Hey look at me thread" just post a bunch of stupid stuff and see if people will pay attention, unfortunately now this is how the internet is.   

Alcohol and computers shouldn't be allowed in the same room together. This is just another: "Hey look at me thread" just post a bunch of stupid stuff and see if people will pay attention, unfortunately now this is how the internet is.

He/She/It could at least give us a score prediction.