Marion at Abingdon

Canes00

The Falcons coaching staff will be putting in overtime to game plan for the Hurricanes.  They know emotions will be running high on both sides and could be a trap game for them.  As much time as they planned for Richlands,  they will be doing likewise for this one.  With Tazewell they played the percentages of Sturgill and his arm winning that game, negating the Dawgs running game.     Could be wrong, but I see this game as being more of a defensive one. 

Going with the Falcons for the W-- but they will know they have been in another storm. 

Cannot wait to see how this game turns out. It is one of three that can really shake things up for several teams in 2A West.

I have to think that Abingdon wins, but Marion has really been playing some good football too. I believe this is another toss-up.

Both teams playing for seeding in the playoffs.  Should be a good game.  I honestly believe Abingdon probably is the better team but Marion has been rolling of late and appears to be back on track from their down year last season.  This by no means is going to be any kind of a push over for either team.  Abingdon can not be looking ahead and Marion will have to play a flawless game.

Abingdon      42

Marion          21

Line play will be huge. We have to get pressure on Sturgill, no question. It does give me hope since Tazewell put up 36 and we held them scoreless. VA High putting up 35 on Abingdon and us holding them to 13.

I wont judge both on way they played tazewell. Tazewell up and down year. They have struggled at times and play some good ball.

You can't judge anything by who played who.  PH beat RR and RR beat Marion.  Abingdon was coming off a very emotional win versus Richlands.  I agree that Marion has improved tremendously but the Canes can't sit in their base D against Abingdon.  They throw it too well.  That will help open the running game up for AHS.  AHS will have to be ready for a very improved running game from Marion.

So they got rid of one of the best rivalries..Mehh,Wonder why they didn't goto another district..Like,i dunno..The Southwest..

They were in the SWD. They are leaving it. To keep Marion they'd have to drop someone like Richlands or Graham.

Graduations to both teams: Abingdon for their win and great season, and to Marion, a great

Turnaround season for the Canes and a 7-3 year. I wish them both well in the playoffs.

Just a side note: both of Jakes parents are graduates of that school at Exit 35. We are Proud of you Jake. Great folks!

Falcons dominated this game for sure.  If remembering correctly,  Canes didn't get pass their own 23 yd line in first half. 

Reed and staff didn't take this game lightly and the result shows that.  The Falcons offensive game comes naturally with Sturgill at the helm with their corp of receivers and Fulton as RB.  Their defense can be suspect in games, as in Tazewell, if they don't game plan for them.  That being said, when they do  game plan defensively  for their opponent,  they can be successful.  Case in point last night,  when the Falcons defense basically shutdown the running and passing of Marion, who has been a good team this year. 

My concern for the Falcons going forward, how bad is Fulton's injury?  Not only could it affect their running game, but he is also their punter.  That could hurt in a close game if they give up field position. 

IMO the Falcons have the weapons on offense,  and have the potential on defense to advance deep into the playoffs with a complete game on both sides of the ball.