Round 3 Updates - 11/25/16 and 11/26/16

Deleted Account

Oscar Smith wins 13-0 over Woodside. Ironically, running back Deangelo White, whose father passed away last night, wears number 13

Beckley to Dr Tucker FOR A 6 YARD SALEM TD!!!!! Salem up 24-17!!! 6:46 left. Gotta stop Byrd!!

great state

Riverheads at Galax game time announced as 1:30 Saturday

Interception by Blacksburg's Wise. Heritage out of timeouts. Bruins can get in victory formation with 1:32 left up on Heritage 24-17

Oh, my. Rather than take a knee Blacksburg runs it and fumbles. Bruins fall on it, though. Potential disaster averted

Final: Blacksburg 24, Heritage 17

great state

Very surprised by the Graham/Richlands score. Of the teams Abingdon played this year, I would have put them 2 and 3 respectively with a big differential between the two (granted I'm going off of two games and just reports I heard from trusted sources). For one, Graham seriously outcoached Abingdon in their matchup, and Meade was dominant. It sounds like tonight he had that really big play early on and then not much after that. For Richlands, I saw the potential, but as we have discussed here before, they're not as good as 2015 Richlands because they couldn't run the ball. Sounds like they've done some serious work on that and it's paying off. Congrats to both teams on their wonderful seasons and to Richlands for keeping their season going to the state semis. Sounds like they wanted it more tonight.

Good luck to Richlands rest of the way. They were certainly the better team tonight. Out-played. Out-coached. Superior line play. No excuses. RHS the better team. All this talk about Appomattox. They will have to get past Richlands.. Very tough task.. My money is on the Blue Tornado.

Beckley's punt is downed at the Byrd 1. Here we go. Byrd has no timeouts. 1:10 left.

Basham tackled at the 2.

Salem can kneel it out!!!

FINAL: Salem 24, William Byrd 17

Dominion wins thriller 30-23 over Woodgrove. Titans advance to 4A West Region championship game.

great state

Congrats to the Blues, very well deserved win. Y'all showed up and smacked us in the mouth. I will say that I have never been so disappointed in a group of coaches. Not taking anything away at all from Richlands but Graham coaching and play calling was abismal all night long. Good luck the rest of the way Blues, I'll be pulling for you. And to the Graham G-Men players thank you for one hell of a ride and season! Sad the coaches couldn't rise to the level they needed to be at

Good luck to Richlands rest of the way. They were certainly the better team tonight. Out-played. Out-coached. Superior line play. No excuses. RHS the better team. All this talk about Appomattox. They will have to get past Richlands.. Very tough task.. My money is on the Blue Tornado.

Thanks futbolking. Nothing but respect for you and the GMen.