Beavers

TTownTigers

Are the Beavers of Bluefield supposed to be good? I can't recall many times where they struggle two years in a row. I read on here they beat Cburg pretty good, but I don't anything about Cburg. Will Graham be favored to beat Bluefield this year by the Telegraph of Bluefield? I'm not sure they even pick the game, but what do you think the senement will be in the town around Bluefield going into that contest regarding who will win?

Bluefield's supposed to be decent, not great.  Should be a step up from that disappointing 2016 season.  They have a feel of a 6-4 type team that could make a respectable playoff run in WV AA.

Graham should probably be favored by 14-17 points at this point, will probably be able to tell a little more after this Friday's round of benefit games.

Seriously???  You think Graham should be favored by that much???

This one is going to be a lot closer than a lot of Graham folks think...Bluefield has quite a bit of talent, they have quickness and speed, a much bigger line than Graham, and a QB that can throw or run with it....and don't forget Mookie can do it all.  Bluefield will finish no worse than 7-3.

I think both teams will put up points on the other...last team with the ball wins...

TAKE THE OVER.

22 minutes ago, 99Bama said:

I will be shocked if Graham wins by 14. From what I've been told and I stress "told" because I haven't gotten a chance to see them yet. The O line is small and the QB is having a hard time completing passes. We could've used the Cooper kid this year for sure.

3 different schools in half a year.. probably better off without him 

40 minutes ago, GMan said:

Seriously???  You think Graham should be favored by that much???

This one is going to be a lot closer than a lot of Graham folks think...Bluefield has quite a bit of talent, they have quickness and speed, a much bigger line than Graham, and a QB that can throw or run with it....and don't forget Mookie can do it all.  Bluefield will finish no worse than 7-3.

I think both teams will put up points on the other...last team with the ball wins...

TAKE THE OVER.

14-17 points in a track meet isn't a huge spread.  I'm expecting another 49-35 kind of game...

I think this game will be a close one ... although I hope that Graham rolls! Folks on the WV side of town are not saying much ... which  has me a little worried.  Bluefield will probably be the surprise team this year. I expect Bluefield to go 7-3 during the regular season and that includes an opening game victory over city rival Graham.

Ouch ...  that hurt!

On 8/14/2017 at 11:34 AM, cityofRaven said:

Someone please tell me that Jim Nelson will be doing the game this year.

I talked to Jim and he is doing the Bluefield games again this year. I grew up listening to Jim and IMO he is the best.

As we get closer to next Friday the more worried I become about this game. Everyone knows that Graham has the talent to do big things this year but I have seem some of the best football teams Graham has to offer lose to mediocre Bluefield teams. If Graham can keep their heads on straight and stay confident but not over confident, I believe they win by 10-14. If they come into the game acting like it will be a cake walk like last year, Bluefield has the potential and athletes to upset Graham. No matter how much better Graham is than Bluefield, Graham is always the underdog and Bluefield will be looking for revenge.

I'll get to see Bluefield for the first time tomorrow when they scrimmage my Spartans. I do not see them improving enough from last season to take out Graham, but with it being a rivalry I guess anything is possible. I just hope the Beavers are a good test for the Spartans to help us prepare for Blacksburg...

On 8/16/2017 at 11:33 AM, Bluefield researcher said:

I talked to Jim and he is doing the Bluefield games again this year. I grew up listening to Jim and IMO he is the best.

Great news! He's one of the reasons I got into broadcasting.