Gate City AD

Grapeape

7 minutes ago, jarhead24219 said:

dismissed,look at courtbar,scott county civil court, circuit court.no dog in the race just looked this up

I looked all over for the outcome... Will make appropriate edits now. Thank you for the info.

11 hours ago, Grapeape said:

Maybe someone could inquire as to why he (Roberts) was allowed to continually slander Gary Collier with ridiculous allegations that he verbally abused players. Additionally, one might inquire as to why, when Mr. Akers  put Nick Colobro, Jr's name on his list of requested coaches (NC Jr. being a tenured teacher & current coach) in 2016, he (Roberts) responded by writing a letter to his friend(s) on the school board insulting and demeaning NC Jr. to the point that he (NC Jr.) left the school system entirely. Lastly, perhaps there is an explanation as to why Mr. Roberts repeatedly attempted to sabotage the recruitment of stand out student athlete Hunter Collier, going as far as to hang up on coaches \ recruiters when they attempted to contact the GC athletic department via telephone. It would be quite the scandal if it were to be made public that Mr. Roberts attempted to negatively effect a student's chances for a scholarship due to a personal grudge against a fellow coach that happened to replace him on Bill Houseright's staff in 2011. In my opinion the parents and students of GCHS deserve answers to these questions, among others.

Considering Gary Collier is a cop I'm sure if either of those had the smallest amount do legal merit they would have been "released" as a public scandal, not an anonymous message board "leak" after the fact. 

The NC Jr thing sounds harsh. he would have been an asset. Does school board take the ADs voice above all else?

If he hung up on recruiters or did anything at all to negatively impact a students future- that's flat out horrible. But if I was recruiting unions #82 it wouldn't matter who hung up on me, I'd find him. Id call administration, coaches, school board, his family. If one person hangs up on me I wouldn't write him off... 

13 hours ago, sup_rbeast said:

So, if there were anything to it, jarhead, would it have simply been dismissed? Doesn't that just mean either charges were dropped or the judge threw it out? I'm asking because I seriously don't know what that means. Haha

Civil law is much different than criminal law, the burden of proof is much less( just look at the OJ Simpson case)I don't know what happens but if the case had merit it would have went forward. To appeal a decision by a judge to dismiss a case you have to put up a cash bond in civil actions. To file a "suit" against someone all you have to do is (paperwork"

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/23/2017 at 2:23 PM, Grapeape said:

Make your voice heard.

SCOTT COUNTY SCHOOL BOARD MEETING

TUESDAY 10/3/17     6:30pm

276-386-6118

Members:

David Templeton

276-386-2909

David.Templeton@scottschools.com

Stephen Sallee

276-386-3301

Steve.sallee@scottschools.com

Linda Gillenwater

276-452-4124

Linda.gillenwater@scottschools.com

Bill Quillen

Bill.quillen@scottschools.com

These are the members that represent parents / students attending GCHS and its feeder schools. It is time, as a community, to respectfully and appropriately address our concerns.

Anyone actually going to this?

28 minutes ago, Jason said:

Anyone actually going to this?

If not, there's always next month. Is it an election year in Scott County? That would give a lot more weight to phone calls and emails, seeing as how each of these elections are decided by approximately 100 votes (this thread had over 1500 views). I would imagine someone would want to present this petition I've heard so much about... 

I am not sure if some of you guys realize how little control the AD has at GC.  The AD, at least at GC, has almost no control over the day to day activities of each sport  All of that is on the individual coaches  

He is an easy target because I do not believe many people would describe him as warm and fuzzy. He can also be not very politically correct.  

If you are going to blame him for the woes of the football team, then you need to praise him for the success of the other programs. 

Akers was hired by a committee. Having some knowledge of the process, I believe the committee made the best choice they could have made. (No. I was not involved,)

However, it is now painfully obvious that Akers cannot remain the HC at GC. (Without a major attitude change, he will not be successful as a HC at any school). 

We GC fans have high expectations. That is also pretty obvious. ?  Would we give a coach 5 years to rebuild our program? Of course we would...if we see the coach making progress. Does not necessarily have to be progress in the win column. We want to see more kids coming out for the team, some progress each week, and a general excitement about the program. Unfortunately we are seeing the opposite. 

Akers is finished at GC. Just a matter of when. 

Hmmm!  Been carefully considering the GC football woes.  I was thinking about making a post on another thread, Culture Change, but thought better of it.  Then the light went off.....it's all connected.  Mr. Grapeape, forgive me if your female, posted, "The first time I ever saw a topless female in person was on GC's game field. The situation occurred when a stripper was hired to give Bill Quillen a lap dance on his birthday. A young lady in a Playboy bunny costume gave Mr. Quillen a lap dance as he sat in a circle of GC's  high school and middle school players \ coaches during a Tuesday afternoon practice. At the end of the routine she briefly exposed her breasts and motorboated Mr. Quillen. It was indescribably awesome."  Now I know another  forum poster likes to question factuality of Mr. Grapeapes post, so I'm going to ask first, do you have photographic evidence?  If so, I would like to see it.  Stripper at fb practice, what a recruitment tool and I assume this was an annual event.  But anyway not only has the AD remained the same during GC football demise there is a direct correlation between the MousesEar going up in flames and the down turn in GC fball. You might want to consider having the AD do a requisition...Just sayn.......Problem Solved....No Charge!

17 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

Hmmm!  Been carefully considering the GC football woes.  I was thinking about making a post on another thread, Culture Change, but thought better of it.  Then the light went off.....it's all connected.  Mr. Grapeape, forgive me if your female, posted, "The first time I ever saw a topless female in person was on GC's game field. The situation occurred when a stripper was hired to give Bill Quillen a lap dance on his birthday. A young lady in a Playboy bunny costume gave Mr. Quillen a lap dance as he sat in a circle of GC's  high school and middle school players \ coaches during a Tuesday afternoon practice. At the end of the routine she briefly exposed her breasts and motorboated Mr. Quillen. It was indescribably awesome."  Now I know another  forum poster likes to question factuality of Mr. Grapeapes post, so I'm going to ask first, do you have photographic evidence?  If so, I would like to see it.  Stripper at fb practice, what a recruitment tool and I assume this was an annual event.  But anyway not only has the AD remained the same during GC football demise there is a direct correlation between the MousesEar going up in flames and the down turn in GC fball. You might want to consider having the AD do a requisition...Just sayn.......Problem Solved....No Charge!

This is actually brilliant. I bet GC's team would have 300 players. RIP the Ear.