GC Football

who?

8 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

You Gate City folks are hilarious.  I think your in denial right now.  If they had kept passing they would have been in it to the end.  You got beat 45-7.....45-7.  Sounds like grapeape has some insight.  Before this game I thought GC might finish 1-9, now I'm thinking Central game could go either way.  Hilarious!!!!!  Yeah, I think Coach Akers needs time, maybe 5 more years.

What are you talking about? I see no denial in his post, he said straight up GC got dominated at the LOS and their only shot was to air it out but the staff didn't go that way.

1 hour ago, BigWinners said:

What are you talking about? I see no denial in his post, he said straight up GC got dominated at the LOS and their only shot was to air it out but the staff didn't go that way.

In my opinion if you get beat 45-7, I find it very hard to believe there was a whole lot a team could do to make the game more competative.  Didn't RV score their first TD off a pick 6?  I confess I wasn't there.  So if I rubbed you the wrong way, my apologies, by all means carry on.

8 minutes ago, RidgeRunner said:

In my opinion if you get beat 45-7, I find it very hard to believe there was a whole lot a team could do to make the game more competative.  Didn't RV score their first TD off a pick 6?  I confess I wasn't there.  So if I rubbed you the wrong way, my apologies, by all means carry on.

No, Ridgeview did not have any defensive scores last night.  4 TD's from Adkins (3 rushing, 1 receiving), 2 rushing TD's from Sproles and 1 FG.

16 minutes ago, swva_havok_fan said:

No, Ridgeview did not have any defensive scores last night.  4 TD's from Adkins (3 rushing, 1 receiving), 2 rushing TD's from Sproles and 1 FG.

As I said wasn't at game....my apologies.  

On 9/30/2017 at 9:57 AM, RidgeRunner said:

You Gate City folks are hilarious.  I think your in denial right now.  If they had kept passing they would have been in it to the end.  You got beat 45-7.....45-7.  Sounds like grapeape has some insight.  Before this game I thought GC might finish 1-9, now I'm thinking Central game could go either way.  Hilarious!!!!!  Yeah, I think Coach Akers needs time, maybe 5 more years.

Not sure what in my post makes you think I am in denial. Would love to hear it. 

17 hours ago, Grapeape said:

Isn't it amazing that this sudden talent deficit occurs the same year GC has a 100% coaching turnover??? I mean, what an amazing coincidence!!! It's not as if any of the 5 GC teams that have finished under .500 since 1980 would beat this team 50-0. Poor Christopher. I hope the poor guy gets a lifetime contract. 

Think you took my post the wrong way. I have previously posted that Akers is finished at GC. Is just a matter of time. He is not respected by the kids, and has alienated fellow coaches, and administration. 

1 hour ago, Great City said:

Think you took my post the wrong way. I have previously posted that Akers is finished at GC. Is just a matter of time. He is not respected by the kids, and has alienated fellow coaches, and administration. 

My bad. The whole situation has given me mental tuberculosis.

42 minutes ago, Grapeape said:

My bad. The whole situation has given me mental tuberculosis.

Y'all are just now figuring out what a cancer he is.  As a long time fan of the hogo I know parent's and coachs at RR.  He demoralized the kids and coaches everyday. Mocked previous coaches and the schools tradition.   Even coaches still on the staff.  Alot didn't help after just meeting him in initial meeting.  Come to find out he applied for job because he had been offensive coordinator at previous "big "  school.  But actually only was OC for half of 1st quarter before HC took play calling away.   He's a cancer and his repercussions are still being felt at RR.

3 hours ago, jwcoop said:

Y'all are just now figuring out what a cancer he is.  As a long time fan of the hogo I know parent's and coachs at RR.  He demoralized the kids and coaches everyday. Mocked previous coaches and the schools tradition.   Even coaches still on the staff.  Alot didn't help after just meeting him in initial meeting.  Come to find out he applied for job because he had been offensive coordinator at previous "big "  school.  But actually only was OC for half of 1st quarter before HC took play calling away.   He's a cancer and his repercussions are still being felt at RR.

??????????????????????????

I wouldn't have though it possible to feel worse about this man. I might need a drink. 

On 9/30/2017 at 10:30 AM, big ugly vol said:

I didn't think that the GC kids gave up at all. I don't know what on earth is going on there, but it must be a mess. I'm not sure they had 30 players dressed. 

30 exactly now, that's after the Brady Webb knee injury that is more than likely season ending. 

4 hours ago, jwcoop said:

Well, he hasn't changed any. His whole career at GC has been a crap show that sounds just like that. Things are starting to add up week by week. 

2 minutes ago, Grapeape said:

1. The Adidas uniforms do, in fact, suck.

2. Chris Akers pees sitting down.

3. Chris Akers poops AFTER he showers.

4. Chris Akers has a dead fish handshake.

5. Chris Akers has attended multiple Nickleback concerts.

I think you watched too much Gameday yesterday. 

6 hours ago, Great City said:

Not sure what in my post makes you think I am in denial. Would love to hear it. 

Great City, I apologize for quoting you with my previous post  You only offered your honest opinion of how the Blue Devils could have kept the game competitive.  I was unable to make it to the game but know that the final score was 45-7.....so I thought to suggest that if GC would have continued to throw the ball it would have made a bit of difference was inaccurate......well my assessment could be false.  The facts are GC is 0-6.  They have scored a total of 48 points, given up 218, and been shut out twice, as per Maxpreps.  The last five years, GC has went 29 and 35, inwhich 2014 they had a 11-3 season.  The previous head coach walked away.  The entire coaching staff, with the exception of Coach Akers, walked away after last year.  I won't mention DBs QB being a GC kid or the other obvious GC athlete not playing football.  I may be way out there but it appears obvious something is wrong.

I hope you can accept my humble apology.