Scenarios for Region D Final Seeding.

Union_Fan

3 hours ago, EH31 said:

@Bluefield researcher how will Graham & Bluefield sort out the home playoff games? Do they still alternate first choice of is that out the window since Tazewell County has to pay extra for the playoff games? 

I'm not sure but Bluefield's hands are somewhat tied. There technically is not a home or away team in WV. The higher seed gets to choose where the game is placed as long as it is a field playoff certified. Mitchell Stadium is certified for all classes. The lower seed gets to choose the time of the game and they get three choices.  Friday at 7:30, Saturday at 1:30, or Saturday at 7:30. I think what has happened is Graham's game will be scheduled by the VHSL and they will work around the time that Bluefield HAS to play. A few years ago Bluefield College moved their home game to accommodate Bluefield so that Bluefield would not have to play in Princeton.

22 minutes ago, Bluefield researcher said:

I'm not sure but Bluefield's hands are somewhat tied. There technically is not a home or away team in WV. The higher seed gets to choose where the game is placed as long as it is a field playoff certified. Mitchell Stadium is certified for all classes. The lower seed gets to choose the time of the game and they get three choices.  Friday at 7:30, Saturday at 1:30, or Saturday at 7:30. I think what has happened is Graham's game will be scheduled by the VHSL and they will work around the time that Bluefield HAS to play. A few years ago Bluefield College moved their home game to accommodate Bluefield so that Bluefield would not have to play in Princeton.

Good info. I didn't know most of that. It's been some years since they both hosted playoff games in the same season so I couldn't remember how it was handled before. 

52 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

@Suit Up is correct. We lose to battle and we'll drop.

Union probably will not lose to Battle. Battle is more than likely outmatched but if you take a great team like Union and a Battle team who really is not bad, then all it will take is for Union to come in overconfident and make mistakes then Battle getting a few breaks and capitalizing and then there’s an upset. 

Union should win but I definitely would watch out. 

22 minutes ago, Bluefield researcher said:

Good info. I didn't know most of that. It's been some years since they both hosted playoff games in the same season so I couldn't remember how it was handled before. 

4 hours ago, Union's hammer said:

I know that over on VA Preps someone did the math and no matter what. Even losing to battle UNION locked up the #1 seed last night. So everything runs thru the park start camping out now. Its going to be a great November in SWVA.

They locked up a HOME GAME... a top 4 seed, not #1.

12 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

I know its a long ways off but I seen on preps that Glenvar will probably end up with 270 points and it seems Union may also so does the tie breaker go to overall record in that situation.

I would think and hope so.

17 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

I know its a long ways off but I seen on preps that Glenvar will probably end up with 270 points and it seems Union may also so does the tie breaker go to overall record in that situation.

Like you said, a long way off but for that to matter for us Glenvar would have to beat Appomattox. And I think on preps they said appomattox would end up with like 268, right?

20 minutes ago, Unionguy_2017 said:

Like you said, a long way off but for that to matter for us Glenvar would have to beat Appomattox. And I think on preps they said appomattox would end up with like 268, right?

I know appo will likely be the team out of C but was curious how the tie breaker would go.

8 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

Precisely this.  They are probably the best Region C has to offer, but they aren’t the prohibitive favorite juggernauts of years’ past.

I think they are the best until officially taken down. I can see them losing a game in which the other team plays them closely, whoever that may be. 

My apologies to the Marion fans. I forgot to include this scenario. Marion over Graham, Abingdon over Lee, Va High over Richlands

1.) Union 10-0 266 26.6
2.) Ridgeview 9-1 262 26.2
3.) Marion 9-1 252 25.2
4.) Va High 8-2 252 25.2
5.) Graham 8-2 247 24.7
6.) Battle, John 6-4 207 20.7
7.) Lee 5-5 193 19.3
8.) Grayson Co 5-5 191 19.1
9.) Richlands 3-7 178

Marion over Graham, Abingdon over Lee, Richlands over Va High.

1.) Union 10-0 268 26.8
2.) Ridgeview 9-1 262 26.2
3.) Marion 9-1 253 25.3
4.) Graham 8-2 247 24.7
5.) Va High 7-3 238 23.8
6.) Battle, John 6-4 206 20.6
7.) Richlands 4-6 196 19.6
8.) Lee 5-5 193 19.3
9.) Grayson Co 5-5 191

Lee is pretty safe at #6 if they defeat Abingdon, but could drop as low as #9 if Grayson were to upset Galax.

On 10/28/2017 at 1:21 PM, Bearcat Dad said:

Thanks, again! 

So, the Bearcats are locked at 4, unless Marion were to upset Graham, Battle were to upset Union, or Honaker were to upset Ridgeview?

Pretty much and looking at a 1st round re-match with either Marion or Graham.